Satisfied with 1.5 Upadate? (Poll)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

You pleased or displeased with 1.5

• Total voters

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Are you satisfied of the latest update of Skyrim?

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Just minutes ago, I went back into the mine near the city of Markarth. After I depleted an iron ore vein, I went to another one, only to find out that the option to "mine" wasn't there. I normally strike them with a pickaxe just to get the extra ore, so I did that. Nothing happened.

On the bright side, there are finally magic kill cam shots! It was refreshing to send an Ice Spike to the face of a deer from a distance. The only downside to this is that the kill cams sometimes activate at the wrong times. One example is that when an enemy dodges the incoming spell(eg. Firebolt, Ice Spike, Lightning Bolt). Another is when the target still barely has any health.

As far as my verdict goes, I say that it is a major improvement from patch 1.2, but definitely needs to be improved.

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Just minutes ago, I went back into the mine near the city of Markarth. After I depleted an iron ore vein, I went to another one, only to find out that the option to "mine" wasn't there. I normally strike them with a pickaxe just to get the extra ore, so I did that. Nothing happened.

On the bright side, there are finally magic kill cam shots! It was refreshing to send an Ice Spike to the face of a deer from a distance. The only downside to this is that the kill cams sometimes activate at the wrong times. One example is that when an enemy dodges the incoming spell(eg. Firebolt, Ice Spike, Lightning Bolt). Another is when the target still barely has any health.

As far as my verdict goes, I say that it is a major improvement from patch 1.2, but definitely needs to be improved.
Yes. And the update caused a problem with the lycan mode. Sometimes it glitches and you're in "first person" but you can't move and the person in front for you stands for a good 5 seconds then falls, then another good 5 seconds before you get "un-glitched"

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Until I can upgrade my Nightingale Blade, I will not be satisfied.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
i refuse to download.

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
it still didn't fix the forsworn conspiarcy quest, and kill cams for bows do seem a bit off, i shot a adept mage with one arrow and it did a kill cam even though he was very much alive

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Xbox 360 user, and I haven't downloaded it either. Aside from the Smithing "fix" which I'm still on the fence about, there still seems to be too many issues. I would rather they focus their attention on fixing quest bugs and general performance problems than add more features. From what I'm reading on the forums, even the fixes so far aren't actually solving the problem for many people.

Now there are new kill cams and just reading this thread, even those aren't working right. I'll pass for now.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I fell into deep water this morning and it froze as I went under. Restarted the ps3, deleted game and update data files. Reinstalled and it's fine. Took less than 5 minutes.

VictoireXII

Crazed Skyrim Photographer
PC bow & arrow killcams are working fine for me. No issues with mining either. Aside form one small smithing "fix", everything is better than before.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I can pretty fairly gauge how good the patches are by how much tech support we have to do on the forums. While it hasn't been awful for PC save the Catalyst driver mangling and it seems to be fine for Xbox, it's been obnoxious for PS3 folks.

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
I'm on PC and through steam so of courwse i had no choice but to downlead it, but i've had no problems so far with it. I've never had many bug problems though anyway, even when i was still on 360

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I'm on PC and through steam so of courwse i had no choice but to downlead it, but i've had no problems so far with it. I've never had many bug problems though anyway, even when i was still on 360
oh, believe me my friend, you have a choice...just unplug EVERYTHING network/internet related when you play. Oh, you have steam. well, i don't.

Mjolnir

It's not bad, bow kill-cams look amazing and swimming underwater looks more realistic.