• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which side will align with in the fight for Skyrim?

• Total voters

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
I just finished the Civil War Storyline playing for the Stormcloaks and man oh man was it a lot of fun. I will add that although the Stormcloaks seem Racist at first because they don't like outsiders, it is just because they are trying to protect their culture and way of life. They are proud people and cling close to the ways of the past, but they do adapt and realize ultimately that Skyrim will not always be just for the Nords. At the end of the Campaign Ulric says that even though I don't share his blood he will call my his brother and that it was an honor having me fight for his cause (I was an Orc btw). So I achieved my goal in that proving to the Nords that an Outsider can achieve glory and honor in battle alongside the Nords and now I am respected, but it's all about proving your worth.

On a side note, this is my first TES game so I'm a little hazzy on the Lore. Can someone fill me in how the AD was able to kick all the combined forces of the Empires but forcing them to surrender? Do they have superior numbers, fighting skills, weapons? I don't get it! Is there any books in Skyrim worth reading to understand this lore? Thanks for the info.

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
On a side note, this is my first TES game so I'm a little hazzy on the Lore. Can someone fill me in how the AD was able to kick all the combined forces of the Empires but forcing them to surrender? Do they have superior numbers, fighting skills, weapons? I don't get it! Is there any books in Skyrim worth reading to understand this lore? Thanks for the info.

From what I've read in the game, during the Oblivion crisis which affected all of Tamriel, not just Cyrodil. The Thalmer rose to prominence because they were the only ones capable of protecting Summerset Isles from Mehrunes Dagon. After this, they won support and eventually became rulers of Summerset Isles. They also aligned themselves with there Elven brother in Valenwood forming the Aldemeri Dominion. The Empire had grown weak since the Oblivion crisis and the end of the Septim blood line. AD also believed that High Elves were rightful rulers of Tamriel because they ruled before the coming of man. They also hated the worship of Talos because he was a mortal being. The Thalmer view High Elves as superior to all races. The AD also managed the claim Elsywer (Khajiit homeland) without military intervention, a moon important in too the Khajiit's disappeared for a number of years and when it returned, the Thalmer took responsibility for bringing it back and from then on, the Khajiit's took them as masters I suppose. Most of this time, they were fighting an invisible war with the Blades who were pretty much destroyed. When the Great War came about (forgotten the reason, may be the worship of Talos). The AD representative brought a cart to show the Emperor, when War was declared, they put the cart on it's side and the heads of 300 blades agents rolled out. The Thalmer Armies advance rapidly into Cyrodil and besieged the Imperial City. Emperor Titus Meade eventually retreated but then returned with an Army of Nords and an Army from Hammerfel and retook the Imperial City. They were weak but they had weakened the Thalmer so reached a peace treaty on better terms which was the white gold concordant. The Thalmer believe they're superior, you often here them say in Skyrim "The Empire exists because we allow them too". General Tulius, Esbern, Delphine and Ulfric Stormcloak are all veterans of the Great War. When a peace treaty was reached, the Redguards refused to conform and they continued to fight the AD in Southern Hammerfel.

juni0rj0hn

Article Writer
Which side are you on in the fight for Skyrim? Personally, I haven't made my choice yet. But the Imperials tried to cut off my head at Helgen, so I'm leaning toward Stormcloak. That and Ulfric Stormcloak is apparently a brother Dragonborn.

So, which are you?

Ok, time to educate you, my friend...
First of all, the most basic intentions of the emperials are to stay in power, no matter what the cost. When their culture or beliefs are threatened- they back down reguardless of how it affects their "glorious empire". The emperials are faitless dogs who will go along with the flow as long as they keep their worthless power. There is abseloutely no evidence that the empire surrendered to the Thalmor because they were trying to "regain power" I joined the stormcloaks because they were fighting for what they believed in- reguardless of the cost. They would not simply be stopped from worshipping the very god that started THE EMPIRE how ironic. Let me just make clear that the only reason the stormcloaks and Ulfric were being racist during the war was because, under the circumstances, they were being threatened by the thalmor-ELVES-and the emperials. Anyone could very well be a spy, and they were fighting the war for the STORMCLOAKS, and ANY TRUE NORDS. The only thing that the stormcloaks might've ever done is wrongly imprison members of the reach, and that doesn't even describe the stormcloaks as a WHOLE. So all you CRAZY, HYPOCRITICAL empirials(just the ones in the game, I'm not calling people that in real life) can go get owned by the Thalmore WHILE THE STORMCLOAKS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! INDEED THE STORMCLOAKS DON'T NEED THE EMPIRE, THEY SEEM TO BE GETTING ALONG JUST FINE WITHOUT IT! Thank you for your kind attention XD

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
ulfric is a power hungry racist end of. he dishonurably killed the highking who was young and inexperenced where as ulfric was in his prime and used the voice to kill him dishonuring the way of the voice. he cares little for other races and once they break away who will they trade with? the empire?no.morrowwind? no.highrock? the reach is full of oppresed bretons so no. stormclocks impriosion people who think differently
as for the empire their leader is an hounerable man. the empire ended the oblivion crisis and their not racists.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Have you seen the way the Nords treat Khajiit in Skyrim? My dagger will find its way into Ulfric's spine before the end.

Skyrimosity

Stormcloaks all the way. I wish I could give some complex, emotional, dramatic reason, but frankly, the Imperials look like Romans and I always wanted to play a game where I could kill Romans. ( of course talking about the Roman Empire)

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Ok, time to educate you, my friend...
First of all, the most basic intentions of the emperials are to stay in power, no matter what the cost. When their culture or beliefs are threatened- they back down reguardless of how it affects their "glorious empire". The emperials are faitless dogs who will go along with the flow as long as they keep their worthless power. There is abseloutely no evidence that the empire surrendered to the Thalmor because they were trying to "regain power" I joined the stormcloaks because they were fighting for what they believed in- reguardless of the cost. They would not simply be stopped from worshipping the very god that started THE EMPIRE how ironic. Let me just make clear that the only reason the stormcloaks and Ulfric were being racist during the war was because, under the circumstances, they were being threatened by the thalmor-ELVES-and the emperials. Anyone could very well be a spy, and they were fighting the war for the STORMCLOAKS, and ANY TRUE NORDS. The only thing that the stormcloaks might've ever done is wrongly imprison members of the reach, and that doesn't even describe the stormcloaks as a WHOLE. So all you CRAZY, HYPOCRITICAL empirials(just the ones in the game, I'm not calling people that in real life) can go get owned by the Thalmore WHILE THE STORMCLOAKS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! INDEED THE STORMCLOAKS DON'T NEED THE EMPIRE, THEY SEEM TO BE GETTING ALONG JUST FINE WITHOUT IT! Thank you for your kind attention XD

Maybe it's you that needs the education mate...

If the thamlor can almost crush the entire imperium, how easy could they destory all of skyrim if it goes fully independant of the imperium. If Ulfric wins, it makes sacking all of skyrim so much easier for the thalmor. In the Thalmor dossiers on Ulfric they mention they WANT him to win! As it makes things easier for them. They want him to win but he's still considered an enemy.

Some of you need to read some of the in game literature on poor old Ulfric. Turns out he's not a very nice guy at all.

What you have said sounds like Stormcloak propaganda rubbish to me. Ulfric's brainwashing is even powerful enough to penetrate our forum! Death to that racist Nord pig.

This time around I am with the Stormcloaks: next game Imperials. Its a game!

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
I chose the Stormcloaks because of the that reasons you mentioned. After reading the Dossier, I found out that Ulfric is a Thalmor spy and now I kill all the Stormcloaks I see. I wish I chose my native race, too bad.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I hate the Stormcloaks with the red hot intensity of a thousand suns.

Shadowbane

Premium Member
Imperial propaganda!
he forces the dark elves to live in the slums when they migrated here to skyrim, that sounds racist but, then again most people resent the dark elves. The game is was set up very well to make each choice you make really hard, the perks, the war, the races. everything

rvk5150

I agree on the Thalmor dossier...plus I do see the Stormcloaks as racist and Ulfric is only in it for himself; he is so selfish I do not think he even cares about his own people.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts