Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Abominamentum

To be honest here I think it's time for the Empire to strike back against the Dominion so I think it will be set in Valenwood

Good idea!

Now I am thinking my idea would be better for a DLC pack for Skyrim, as it would depend on your data, and it would be shorter if you just went to Summerset Isles to destroy the Thalmor.

Maledictum

All of Tamriel would be nice, but making a game THAT big would be very difficult. It could include a Second Great War and you could either join the Aldmeri Dominion or the Empire.
Another good location would be Elsweyr, because it has deserts, jungles, tropical coasts, pirates, sugar barons and extremely crowded, shady slum-cities. It would make a great place for adventuring. There would be various criminal organizations (no more only one Thieves Guild everywhere) that would wage war with each other and the player could join any of them. Skooma smugglers vs pirates vs traditional thieves guild vs slavers vs street gangs, anyone? Since Elsweyr is currently the Dominion's protectorate, there could also be a political struggle in which the player could take sides. Fight together with secessionists, who wish to create a free confederacy, against which both the Empire and the Dominion would be hostile? Or side with the current leadership, who are (due to pragmatic reasons and to ensure the survival of their nation) pro-Thalmor?
Alinor (Summerset Isles) would not be an ideal location, due to the geography being a bit boring and the fact that non-altmer presence could be only explained by the Empire's invasion of the isles, which would require enormous amounts of hand-waving and the player would be shoehorned into the Empire's side.
Black Marsh is largely incapable of sustaining non-argonian life due to the hostility of the enviroment, so it would not make a lot of sense for a non-argonian to be there.
Cyrodiil is boring as hell.
High Rock would not be bad but there better choices Imo.
Valenwood is slightly exotic based on the in-game book A Dance in the Fire, but Elsweyr is still more exotic.
Hammerfell. While it has deserts and dwemer architecture, I find redguards boring and there are more interesting provinces, in my opinion. Still, it is a distinct possibility for lore reasons.
Mainland Morrowind would be an interesting choice. It is a highly exotic province, on par with Elsweyr. We can conclude that the argonians are currently ruling it, but I think there are dunmer slaves there. It sounds a little implausible to me that the argonians could exterminate an entire province in a single war, so I think those dunmer who didn't flee (to Skyrim for example) or weren't slaughtered, became slaves and now work on farms and in mines for their argonian overseers. So the player could aid the dunmer in liberating the province and recreating their kingdom (either helping Helseth (if he survived) to the throne, or being named the king him/herself out of gratitude) or help the argonians further punish the arrogant dark elves (and being promoted to the position of Chief Governor of the Morrowind Province of the Kingdom of Argonia). It would be similar to what the Silgrad Tower modding team is planning for Skyrim, but on the scale of the entire Morrowind province.
I think I covered every province well. Elsweyr or mainland Morrowind look the best to me.

i have thingking that Bethesda are already setting TESVI storyline from the elder scrolls V.Coz we know there is 2 greatest factions in Thamriel,that is Thalmor and the Empire.in Skyrim they are peace,but they also war before in the great war.What if the Empire angry with the Thalmor of all Thalmor do to the Empire,that makes both factions war again.May be TESVI main story will be 2 factions war,and player be forced to chose both factions.Or like Beth moto "do what ypu want" player can become neutral or can be called "mercenaries

tombalee

Hey everyone i play skyrim but i still play morrowind does anyone know how to register it with steam ?
I bought it at walmart.

DragonBornDark

I say all of tamriel because i would like to travel everywhere and not have to switch games

Solitude

Inactive
I think they should add the Snow elves and eaither add that as a DLC to Elder Scrolls 6, or something like that.

JackAColeman

i say all, because it will probly come in like 3 years = ps4/nxtxbox time + better pc hardware= more ram + plus faster loading=yay.

hell i would pay 100$ for a copy of skyrim where alll the doors just open, no transitions.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
All Tamriel may not be possible, even 5 years later, the next place we will visit in Elder Scrolls VI should be different, unique, we already visited Hammerfell, Cyrodill, Skyrim and Morrowind, the next place should be filled with Beast Races, maybe Elseywer or Black Marsh.

Bosmer

Mace to the face
I've been looking for a decent thread like this for a long time. Here's what I'd like to see.

The Elder Scrolls VI: Dominion

(minor Skyrim spoilers possibly coming up)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It is set in the Summerset Isles, decades after the events of Skyrim. After the assassination of Titus Mede II, the Empire is ruled by the Dragonborn of Skyrim (now pretty old) who claimed the throne 20 years after the defeat of Alduin and reforged the crumbling Empire, which consists of Cyrodiil, High Rock, Skyrim (possibly, depends), Hammerfell (also depends) and the still-f***ed-up-from-the-volcano Morrowind. The Aldmeri Dominion has ceased all peaceful connections with the Empire after the White-Gold Concordat was abandoned by the Empire. Tensions build up between the two governments. The Dominion becomes angry and The Second Great War begins in the Summerset Isle, between a newly strengthened Empire united under the legendary Dragonborn, and the mighty Thalmor of the Dominion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just the very basic setting for the game (or at least something it'd be nice to see in my opinion), a war-torn Summerset Isles where the fate of Tamriel's rule will be decided. The main storyline could focus on this or perhaps a big threat to Tamriel as we know it, which of course the player could defeat. I guess it's up to Bethesda to decide what the main storyline is.

Perhaps, an invasion of Tamriel, by the Akavir, who have been quiet for so long. I was reading some Akaviri lore about a tiger person from Akavir who became a dragon, the biggest one on Nirn, who's ultimate plan is to invade Tamriel one day. I doubt this will become a possibility since Skyrim is focused mainly on a dragon. But there is still the Akaviri races themselves.

Also it doesn't have to be the Dragonborn as Emperor, it could be someone else. Hopefully someone cool like the Septim Emperors, not weak like the Medes.

Other threats include the return of the Dwemer, who vanished from the face of Tamriel. The Daedra (similar situation with the Akavir Dragon thing, too similar to past games (Oblivion)). The Falmer, the Skeevers? :D I don't know.

On a side note, Hammerfell would be a great location too. I think it's close between either ALL of Hammerfell, ALL of High Rock (we only saw parts of these provinces in TESII), Summerset Isles or Black Marsh. All of Tamriel would be really, really hard and to be honest I'd rather have just one country. The entire continent wouldnt work.

Basically I would like to see The Elder Scrolls VI set in the Summerset Isles with The Great War II being fought, either with a huge threat to Tamriel being vanquished by our player or without. I'm sure Bethesda will impress. But it is still early days and I will continue to play as a Wood Elf in Skyrim and try to master each play-style. :)

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I'd like to see Valenwood or Black Marsh. Sunny forests and humid jungles would be the most appealing settings for me.

ETA: NO WAIT. I want a game set in Morrowind in the first era, which centers on the Dwemer and their war with the invading Chimer. A prequel, of sorts. Yes. That's my vote.

summer
I've been looking for a decent thread like this for a long time. Here's what I'd like to see.

The Elder Scrolls VI: Dominion

(minor Skyrim spoilers possibly coming up)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It is set in the Summerset Isles, decades after the events of Skyrim. After the assassination of Titus Mede II, the Empire is ruled by the Dragonborn of Skyrim (now pretty old) who claimed the throne 20 years after the defeat of Alduin and reforged the crumbling Empire, which consists of Cyrodiil, High Rock, Skyrim (possibly, depends), Hammerfell (also depends) and the still-f***ed-up-from-the-volcano Morrowind. The Aldmeri Dominion has ceased all peaceful connections with the Empire after the White-Gold Concordat was abandoned by the Empire. Tensions build up between the two governments. The Dominion becomes angry and The Second Great War begins in the Summerset Isle, between a newly strengthened Empire united under the legendary Dragonborn, and the mighty Thalmor of the Dominion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just the very basic setting for the game (or at least something it'd be nice to see in my opinion), a war-torn Summerset Isles where the fate of Tamriel's rule will be decided. The main storyline could focus on this or perhaps a big threat to Tamriel as we know it, which of course the player could defeat. I guess it's up to Bethesda to decide what the main storyline is.

Perhaps, an invasion of Tamriel, by the Akavir, who have been quiet for so long. I was reading some Akaviri lore about a tiger person from Akavir who became a dragon, the biggest one on Nirn, who's ultimate plan is to invade Tamriel one day. I doubt this will become a possibility since Skyrim is focused mainly on a dragon. But there is still the Akaviri races themselves.

Also it doesn't have to be the Dragonborn as Emperor, it could be someone else. Hopefully someone cool like the Septim Emperors, not weak like the Medes.

Other threats include the return of the Dwemer, who vanished from the face of Tamriel. The Daedra (similar situation with the Akavir Dragon thing, too similar to past games (Oblivion)). The Falmer, the Skeevers? :D I don't know.

On a side note, Hammerfell would be a great location too. I think it's close between either ALL of Hammerfell, ALL of High Rock (we only saw parts of these provinces in TESII), Summerset Isles or Black Marsh. All of Tamriel would be really, really hard and to be honest I'd rather have just one country. The entire continent wouldnt work.

Basically I would like to see The Elder Scrolls VI set in the Summerset Isles with The Great War II being fought, either with a huge threat to Tamriel being vanquished by our player or without. I'm sure Bethesda will impress. But it is still early days and I will continue to play as a Wood Elf in Skyrim and try to master each play-style. :)
summerset isle would'nt be enough,Elsweyr,Velenwood,and summerset combined will be cool

perkecet

people who have said that if all of tamriel is the next game then we would see things we already have. but its been 200 years since the last game and for 1 just about all of cyrodiil has been destroyed due to war, and also red mountain erupted and leveled morrowind so i think both provinces would look much different than what weve seen so far. also, those who would like black marsh, as would i, but lore tells us that almost all of the province is completely uninhabitable by all but the argonians, so i cant see it translating very well which is a shame. my vote will be for elsweyr for 2 reasons. 1 i dig the kahjiiti and 2 it has quite a varied landscape with deserts and jungles so i think it would translate well and be very interesting. what i think is possibly even more likely is elsweyr along with another province, likely valenwood. although cyrodiil is a possibility or even summerset. regardless im sure TES6 will be groundbreaking to say the least.

also, ive heard rumors for multiple sources saying there will be a next gen xbox console next year sometime.

Solitude

Inactive
also, ive heard rumors for multiple sources saying there will be a next gen xbox console next year sometime.

:eek: i wonder what the PS4 would look like, and what it will have? Maybe 2Tb hard drive?
I hope they dont stuff up Elder Scrolls 6 on ps3 like they did with skyrim.
I was disapointed about that and got my self a computer to play skyrim on.

perkecet

:eek: i wonder what the PS4 would look like, and what it will have? Maybe 2Tb hard drive?
I hope they dont stuff up Elder Scrolls 6 on ps3 like they did with skyrim.
I was disapointed about that and got my self a computer to play skyrim on.
im on xbox and i still wish i could afford a computer to play skyrim on. i do have one but its a shared computer which isnt available to me most of the time and i couldnt stand playing oblivion on my laptop so i wont even bother with skyrim.

Bosmer

Mace to the face
For playing Skyrim, PC is the best platform because of the Command Console option, mods, slightly faster loading screens and the best graphics. Even better with an Xbox PC Controller thing. Xbox 360 is better than PS3 for playing it on a console, I've heard lots of complaints about PS3 and Skyrim.

Anyway back to the topic. Considering Alinor/Summerset Isles is pretty small, and Valenwood is also part of the Aldmeri Dominion, why not the two combined to make a bigger world? That would be cool.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
They Could Make Summerset Isles larger if they want, i mean larger in-game. Skyrim seemed larger then Cyrodill if you have played both Oblivion and Skyrim. The Maps may show you that it's small, but Bethesda could make it big if they want to

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts