• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mamali

tumblr_m1jojzYRAE1qfqzs8o1_500.gif

:D

LuChao

The Martial artist
My Bosmer is a friend to animals. She doesn't kill any animals unless she's provoked or if she is hunting. With hunting, she uses everything. Wolf Runner doesn't kill the mammoths since the Giants like them.

When she loots a house, she takes what she will use: gold, weapons, jewelry, and food. Goblets, bowls or anything like that stays in the house.

LuChao

The Martial artist
My Bosmer is a friend to animals. She doesn't kill any animals unless she's provoked or if she is hunting. With hunting, she uses everything. Wolf Runner doesn't kill the mammoths since the Giants like them.

When she loots a house, she takes what she will use: gold, weapons, jewelry, and food. Goblets, bowls or anything like that stays in the house.

very sweet ideas

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I have different rules for each char. but on the current "everything" character:
1) Must eat a meal every night, must sleep every night if possible, once every 2 nights if not
2) Only one set of armor and any worn armor must be self-made(or tempered if unique)
3) Cannot take armor off of slain enemies except thalmor(elven is light enough to "realistically" carry) or other disgraceful SOBs
4) Can only take "small" loot(gems, coins, metals within reason, small enchanted weapons)
5) General Nordic Honor alignment restrictions
6) Death results in loading a save from the last time character slept
7) Breaking of rules(not eating/breaking alignment) results in death

Also thinking about implementing a rule about fighting dragons with only shouts and fists

LuChao

The Martial artist
These are all excellent rules I enjoy mixing them in as I play thank you all

NachyoChez

My current play rules:
1) No direct violence (No destruction magic, no weapons.)
2) No followers (They're beneath me)
3) Evil (Must side with Daedra, Dark Brotherhood, and Harkon)
4) Slaughter when able.

LuChao

The Martial artist
My current play rules:
4) Slaughter when able.

Very interesting rules

NachyoChez

My current play rules:
4) Slaughter when able.

Very interesting rules
Only becomes an issue when the person I'm trying to kill 'yields' and goes down for health. For some reason, half the time my Atronach refuses to finish the job and guards all just walk away... so I have to resort to punching them ;.;

LuChao

The Martial artist
My current play rules:
4) Slaughter when able.

Very interesting rules
Only becomes an issue when the person I'm trying to kill 'yields' and goes down for health. For some reason, half the time my Atronach refuses to finish the job and guards all just walk away... so I have to resort to punching them ;.;

yea it happens to me a bit

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Dunno if id call them rules, but I like to take my helmet off when I enter towns, also I try to walk a bit. It looks more menacing! Generally I only fast travel to major cities although I have been known to break that 1.

I like to play evil. Only helping when theres something in it for me, notably the deadric artifacts.

I only take a couple of followers out of the game on adventures with me. Trustworthy 1s otherwise my unsavoury methods of how I go about business may become common knowledge.

Also I tend to wear different outfits depending on what faction im visiting.

P.S theres some very interesting ideas in this thread that im going to have to try out on my 'good' nord. I also wanna try drinking beer at taverns once or twice a week and sleeping in :)

LuChao

The Martial artist
Dunno if id call them rules, but I like to take my helmet off when I enter towns, also I try to walk a bit. It looks more menacing! Generally I only fast travel to major cities although I have been known to break that 1.

I like to play evil. Only helping when theres something in it for me, notably the deadric artifacts.

I only take a couple of followers out of the game on adventures with me. Trustworthy 1s otherwise my unsavoury methods of how I go about business may become common knowledge.

Also I tend to wear different outfits depending on what faction im visiting.

P.S theres some very interesting ideas in this thread that im going to have to try out on my 'good' nord. I also wanna try drinking beer at taverns once or twice a week and sleeping in :)

love the helmet idea and I make mine so when in cities they must wear regular clothes and not their armor

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I play by one rule and one rule only... kill everything on the screen.

Mine change from build to build but no exploits or cheats. My current build has a loose rule of no weapons, only bound weapons. Takes a big part of smithing and enchanting out of the game if you can't craft, improve or enchant weapons. It's my favorite new rule as it makes the game a lot easier to keep balanced since all my builds seem to suffer from power creep.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Mine change from build to build but no exploits or cheats. My current build has a loose rule of no weapons, only bound weapons. Takes a big part of smithing and enchanting out of the game if you can't craft, improve or enchant weapons. It's my favorite new rule as it makes the game a lot easier to keep balanced since all my builds seem to suffer from power creep.

Power creep??

LotusEater

Power creep??

Power creep is the gradual unbalancing of a game due to successive releases of new content (or in this case, the slow addition of new powers and perks over time). The phenomenon may be caused by a number of different factors and, in extreme cases, can be damaging to the longevity of the game in which it takes place.

LotusEater

When Power Creep raises it's ugly head in Magic the Gathering, we get things like this:

images

Manmangler

My few rules
- Take food always (I don't eat it, but usually carry food for few days and stash it one barrel and take new food from somewhere)
- Hate Thalmor, Kill Thalmor, Sorry Never like Thalmor so on background story they butchered my character family
- No siding with Stormcloaks, Yep hate those racist too " we have troubles enough without outlanders, Imperial spies" etc
- Take everything valuable (I played Oblivion PS3 once, I take everything, I mean everything. From rockmilk cave? I usually make 5 - 6 trip to get stuff back to Anvil)
- No permadeath, because even 130 level character can die One stroke with bandit sword when using Dance of Death (Can prevent that from settings, but its not fun).
- No problem grinding levels Smithing, Alchemy, Enchanting or conjuguration (Soultrap bodies), Illusion (One hand Muffle and one hand invisibility zap zap)
- Deadlier traps is must
- No skipping dialogs
- Help NPCs
- Don't murder citizens and Imperial legion. It counts sometimes shooting bandits from distance as murder. I have never played DarkBrotherhood quest line any elder scrolls game.

I play legendary

Earlier I have mod that forced take out heavy armor from water and even light armor in strong water flow.

Bulldog

I don't have all these intricate rules like some of you do. Such as eating or sleeping. I pick my character by how I am going to play the game for that character.

The only set rules for any character
• Only fast travel after be on the very verge of being over encumbered. (Only because I don't want to kill a group of random bandits and not be able to take their stuff and pawn it for my well being). Once the extra stuff is sold it is traveling by foot only. No carriages. The only horse I will use is Arvok and that is if I am encumbered and don't want to drop stuff.
• Only make stuff with ingridients I have found, ores and ingots I have found, or leather I have hunted on my own.
• No followers except for like Serena or Farkas when you have to have them
• No boosting (leather gained from hunting will be turned into armor for profit. Absolutely under no circumstance am I ever to buy iron and leather and make daggers to boost my smithing up

My Mage
• Can't use any weapon outside a dagger and that is only for an emergency (such as getting disarmed or runs of of magic)
• Can only smith leather, building materials, and jewelry
• Can master all magic trees, along with enchanting and alchemy.

My Archery/Sneak/Thief/Assassin
• Master of Archery and Sneak.
• Can only master light armor until it weighs nothing.
• Can only use daggers
• Smithing can only make light armor, daggers, and bows. Can make heavy armor type daggers, and bows as that was all he was taught
• General knowledge of lockpicking, and a slight knowledge of pickpocketing
• No magic
• Minus houses, if he can't find it, make it, or in the cases of killing for it then he doesn't need it. The only thing he can buy are better arrows (or say like deadric arrows that are hard to come buy) leather and ingots to make building material
• no knowledge of enchanting or alchemy (alchemy ingridents are sold)

My Warrior
• Master of one haned weapons. Has a general knowledge of two handed. Always keeps a dagger in case he gets disarmed.
• Is good with a bow, but generally won't use one. Only carries one for fighting dragons that are flying around.
• Likes light armor, but can function equally with heavy armor
• Master of smithing, but no knowledge of enchanting.
• General knowledge of alchemy, but only to make potions to sale for profit.
• Only spell he knows is the general healing spell.
• Makes own weapons and armor
• Only thing he buys are supplies for building materials. Incase the shop keeper runs out of money he will buy gems and hold on to them in case he needs emergency money later. Also buys gifts for his wife and kids.

LuChao

The Martial artist
My few rules
- Take food always (I don't eat it, but usually carry food for few days and stash it one barrel and take new food from somewhere)
- Hate Thalmor, Kill Thalmor, Sorry Never like Thalmor so on background story they butchered my character family
- No siding with Stormcloaks, Yep hate those racist too " we have troubles enough without outlanders, Imperial spies" etc
- Take everything valuable (I played Oblivion PS3 once, I take everything, I mean everything. From rockmilk cave? I usually make 5 - 6 trip to get stuff back to Anvil)
- No permadeath, because even 130 level character can die One stroke with bandit sword when using Dance of Death (Can prevent that from settings, but its not fun).
- No problem grinding levels Smithing, Alchemy, Enchanting or conjuguration (Soultrap bodies), Illusion (One hand Muffle and one hand invisibility zap zap)
- Deadlier traps is must
- No skipping dialogs
- Help NPCs
- Don't murder citizens and Imperial legion. It counts sometimes shooting bandits from distance as murder. I have never played DarkBrotherhood quest line any elder scrolls game.

I play legendary

Earlier I have mod that forced take out heavy armor from water and even light armor in strong water flow.

very interesting rules

LuChao

The Martial artist
I don't have all these intricate rules like some of you do. Such as eating or sleeping. I pick my character by how I am going to play the game for that character.

The only set rules for any character
• Only fast travel after be on the very verge of being over encumbered. (Only because I don't want to kill a group of random bandits and not be able to take their stuff and pawn it for my well being). Once the extra stuff is sold it is traveling by foot only. No carriages. The only horse I will use is Arvok and that is if I am encumbered and don't want to drop stuff.
• Only make stuff with ingridients I have found, ores and ingots I have found, or leather I have hunted on my own.
• No followers except for like Serena or Farkas when you have to have them
• No boosting (leather gained from hunting will be turned into armor for profit. Absolutely under no circumstance am I ever to buy iron and leather and make daggers to boost my smithing up

My Mage
• Can't use any weapon outside a dagger and that is only for an emergency (such as getting disarmed or runs of of magic)
• Can only smith leather, building materials, and jewelry
• Can master all magic trees, along with enchanting and alchemy.

My Archery/Sneak/Thief/Assassin
• Master of Archery and Sneak.
• Can only master light armor until it weighs nothing.
• Can only use daggers
• Smithing can only make light armor, daggers, and bows. Can make heavy armor type daggers, and bows as that was all he was taught
• General knowledge of lockpicking, and a slight knowledge of pickpocketing
• No magic
• Minus houses, if he can't find it, make it, or in the cases of killing for it then he doesn't need it. The only thing he can buy are better arrows (or say like deadric arrows that are hard to come buy) leather and ingots to make building material
• no knowledge of enchanting or alchemy (alchemy ingridents are sold)

My Warrior
• Master of one haned weapons. Has a general knowledge of two handed. Always keeps a dagger in case he gets disarmed.
• Is good with a bow, but generally won't use one. Only carries one for fighting dragons that are flying around.
• Likes light armor, but can function equally with heavy armor
• Master of smithing, but no knowledge of enchanting.
• General knowledge of alchemy, but only to make potions to sale for profit.
• Only spell he knows is the general healing spell.
• Makes own weapons and armor
• Only thing he buys are supplies for building materials. Incase the shop keeper runs out of money he will buy gems and hold on to them in case he needs emergency money later. Also buys gifts for his wife and kids.

very nice ideas