• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LuChao

The Martial artist
Whats up everyone I would like to know which rules do you restrict your self to playing to like for my orc warrior he couldn't fast travel or use carts and I go by Permadeath rules on every playthrough so I want to know which rules you enforce on your characters

Nighthiker77

I've used a lot on different characters. I like broad absolute restrictions, like no magic, no equipment at all, no alchemy or enchanting, no melee skills. I might do no followers or conjuration sometime soon.

Permadeath on master would be crazy scary

LuChao

The Martial artist
I have yet to try master I'm on Adept now and it's hard for me cause I'm a rush in fighting type lol

Nighthiker77

I usually set my rules first and design the character around the rules instead of the reverse.

Dead is dead on master, I would play a Breton stealth archer conjurer, 200 magica for atromancy only(no bound weapons). Agent of Mara, Lord Stone, Dark Brotherhood for starting armor, light armor training, and Windshear just in case. Twin souls, Silence, quiet casting, magic resistance 2/3, Bullseye, and deft movement if I hit 100. Anything else would seem too risky.

And steel smithing for sure

LuChao

The Martial artist
pure epic

Slijkster

I only allow fast travel between the different reaches because I simply don't have the time to walk everywhere, and also permadeath on adept or lower difficulties.

LuChao

The Martial artist
I only allow fast travel between the different reaches because I simply don't have the time to walk everywhere, and also permadeath on adept or lower difficulties.

very awesome

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
My general rules: No fast traveling (unless it's by carriage), eat food and drink water, sleep most every night, do not use wait function, cover up as best as possible when in cold, and don't fall in freezing water (I force myself to restart).

LuChao

The Martial artist
My general rules: No fast traveling (unless it's by carriage), eat food and drink water, sleep most every night, do not use wait function, cover up as best as possible when in cold, and don't fall in freezing water (I force myself to restart).

interesting I might have to try these when I play

snapzit

Sleep every night/day, eat twice a day. If I use a follower, I provide them with suitable quality armor, often enchanted. I also pay them after a difficult job is completed. I heal them when they are injured, and when I ask them to leave my service I give them the armor/weapons with which I originally equipped them. I also feed them. I will sometimes let a favorite shop owner get by with paying slightly less for items, especially if it's someone I like. Never Belethor!

I'm playing on adept because I'm a big chicken and I hate it when my character dies.

LuChao

The Martial artist
Sleep every night/day, eat twice a day. If I use a follower, I provide them with suitable quality armor, often enchanted. I also pay them after a difficult job is completed. I heal them when they are injured, and when I ask them to leave my service I give them the armor/weapons with which I originally equipped them. I also feed them. I will sometimes let a favorite shop owner get by with paying slightly less for items, especially if it's someone I like. Never Belethor!

I'm playing on adept because I'm a big chicken and I hate it when my character dies.

very epic Idea I will def use this in future

Black Ice

Like A Red Nose
My assassin sucks in the art of magic, so when I restrict him to basic spells like healing where I will often make the spell flicker on and off in his hand to show how terrible he is. I mainly assassinate targets at night, try my best to dodge and evade attack rather than magically tanking them (I only wear shrouded robes) I buy a new daggers and bows every now and again to replace my worn out ones. Before I kill someone I enchant a item with their name then put it on their body for use in the afterlife. Eat/sleep etc. When I'm with a follower I give them food, pay them a share of what I earned since they helped me. Buy them a new weapon & rp them in a faction (example Sven is a thieves guild member stationed in riverwood). And more but I don't want to get carried away. Oh and I never use any weapons outside of daggers or bows.

LuChao

The Martial artist
My assassin sucks in the art of magic, so when I restrict him to basic spells like healing where I will often make the spell flicker on and off in his hand to show how terrible he is. I mainly assassinate targets at night, try my best to dodge and evade attack rather than magically tanking them (I only wear shrouded robes) I buy a new daggers and bows every now and again to replace my worn out ones. Before I kill someone I enchant a item with their name then put it on their body for use in the afterlife. Eat/sleep etc. When I'm with a follower I give them food, pay them a share of what I earned since they helped me. Buy them a new weapon & rp them in a faction (example Sven is a thieves guild member stationed in riverwood). And more but I don't want to get carried away. Oh and I never use any weapons outside of daggers or bows.

very sweet

AS88

Staff member
http://skyrimforum.com/threads/immortal-words-saurano-direnni.13882/

BIGwooly's an expert on how to implement these kinds of rules into an interesting and creative playthrough, then provide us with one of the best character journals I've seen. His current project forces him to change characters on a rolling dead-is-dead type of format, it's very original and I recommend his other stuff, too.

LuChao

The Martial artist

LuChao

The Martial artist

Medea

The Shadow Queen
The only rule I use is no exploits or cheats. Having a sword that can do 9000 damage or getting my level over 100 is a no go for me. I get no satisfaction at all from being a zero magicka cost spell-spammer or a warrior that can one hit dragons. It's a lame ass borefest and people who play like that might as well just turn on fluffing god mode and get it over with already.

LuChao

The Martial artist
The only rule I use is no exploits or cheats. Having a sword that can do 9000 damage or getting my level over 100 is a no go for me. I get no satisfaction at all from being a zero magicka cost spell-spammer or a warrior that can one hit dragons. It's a lame ass borefest and people who play like that might as well just turn on fluffing god mode and get it over with already.

100% agree Medea

Black Ice

Like A Red Nose
Heh.... try fighting a legendary dragon with just damaging shouts like I have.... true battle of the tongues there....

LuChao

The Martial artist
Heh.... try fighting a legendary dragon with just damaging shouts like I have.... true battle of the tongues there....

THAT SOUNDS EPIC