• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ravenna

Its eyes are black, its skin is white
Okay, so I'm a master conjuration, and getting that skill to 100 has gotten me to level 20-somethin, and I had plenty of perks to distribute get the conjuration build I wanted.

Now, I've mastered Illusion, but now doing that hasn't really raised me as many levels as conjuration has, and now i need 5 more perks, but I have no idea how to get those levels.

Anybody have any advice?

Rather than making iron daggers, like many will say, just go into your local tavern and pop a squat in a dark corner of your choice. Now back-peddle into the wall (you'll have to go slow if your sneak is low) and for every person not detecting you, you'll level up that much faster.

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Make sure you have the Mage Sign. You might want to try and take up Alchemy or Enchanting. For Alchemy, I suggest saving up at least 5k and go arround to every ingrediant shop and buy all the ingrdiants, then find an alchemy thing and making many potions (be sure to eat the ingrdiants first if you dont already know its effect) . Enchanting is actually the warrior path so choose the warrior stone if your going to enchant. You can goto the random loot chest in Dawnstar to find a lot of soul gems. Itll also have plenty of enchanted items that you can disenchant. You can find plent of plain ol weapons at bandit camps/forts. then find an arcane enchanter, disenchat the enchanted item, and enchant the plain weapon you got. And also youll need soul gems to enchant the plain weapon. like i said you can get them from the random loot chest in dawnstar. you can get a soul trap spell from any wizard probably. if your not a student of the college of winter hold go talk to faringar (court wizard of whiterun). buy a soul trap spell, trap some souls, enchant, and rise your lvl.

Cheese my way through the levels by:
  1. sneaking backerways into a wall
  2. casting muffle..a lot
  3. shooting my summoned familiars with arrows
  4. slicing my summoned familiars with swords and stuff
  5. pay a follower for lessons than trade what we got for halloween (i take all the chocolate coins back)
  6. take everything from dragonsreach and sell each bowl, one at a time
  7. make iron daggers, improve and enchant them, and realize that I still don't break even
originally posted in
What do you do in Skyrim when you don't feel like doing quest
or something like that

The sneak attack trick is great. Sneak up behind a meditating Graybeard and hit him with a dagger everytime you become hidden. After about 4 times, he will get up and go to the next mat. Don't hit him while he's standing. Repeat the process will all the Greybeards. You go to 100 sneak in 45 minutes.

Rep
  2. casting muffle..a lot
  5. pay a follower for lessons than trade what we got for halloween (i take all the chocolate coins back)
  7. make iron daggers, improve and enchant them, and realize that I still don't break even
originally posted in
or something like that

Rep given Ive used some of theese and other tricks all works perfectly , i tip my hat to you sir

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
  2. casting muffle..a lot
originally posted in

or something like that

How rewarding that must be!

Well this depends on how you use it , if you level from 20 to a 100 using this i consider it as cheating , however doing this to gain a level to use a per or the get to next main level i believ it is ok and a welcome assitance if you play the game on a high difficulty level. Judge me if you want but some qeusts are damn hard

Make sure you have the Mage Sign. You might want to try and take up Alchemy or Enchanting. For Alchemy, I suggest saving up at least 5k and go arround to every ingrediant shop and buy all the ingrdiants, then find an alchemy thing and making many potions (be sure to eat the ingrdiants first if you dont already know its effect) . Enchanting is actually the warrior path so choose the warrior stone if your going to enchant. You can goto the random loot chest in Dawnstar to find a lot of soul gems. Itll also have plenty of enchanted items that you can disenchant. You can find plent of plain ol weapons at bandit camps/forts. then find an arcane enchanter, disenchat the enchanted item, and enchant the plain weapon you got. And also youll need soul gems to enchant the plain weapon. like i said you can get them from the random loot chest in dawnstar. you can get a soul trap spell from any wizard probably. if your not a student of the college of winter hold go talk to faringar (court wizard of whiterun). buy a soul trap spell, trap some souls, enchant, and rise your lvl.
No way, dawg. Enchanting is the Mage's trade

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Sorry. I meant when I read the post I thought you were asking how to level in Skyrim when you had already leveled over 20 times. I only realized after reading other posts that you were looking for simple ways to grind out levels without adventuring. I guess I had a blonde moment. :p

Is there any reason why you don't want to level by using your skills in a more practical manner? It's one thing when you're only a bit away from breaking into one level but it's going to be a grind to crank out 5 levels.

Anywho, I wouldn't recommend doing any of the things people posted here if you are going for a mage build, especially casting Muffle since you already have 100 in Illusion skill. :rolleyes:

If you're going for a mage build and your going to grind levels then I would recommend grinding levels for your defensive schools of magic so you wont be super squishy at your level and your enemies wont do a piñata dance on your head. :D

Try leveling Alteration using the Detect Life spell in populated areas. Make sure you wear as much enchanted apparel as you can for the Alteration school to reduce the Magicka cost for spellcasting and/or Magicka regeneration items. Having a higher Alteration skill will give you access to better armor spells for combat.

Ravenna

Its eyes are black, its skin is white
Sorry. I meant when I read the post I thought you were asking how to level in Skyrim when you had already leveled over 20 times. I only realized after reading other posts that you were looking for simple ways to grind out levels without adventuring. I guess I had a blonde moment. :p

Is there any reason why you don't want to level by using your skills in a more practical manner? It's one thing when you're only a bit away from breaking into one level but it's going to be a grind to crank out 5 levels.

Anywho, I wouldn't recommend doing any of the things people posted here if you are going for a mage build, especially casting Muffle since you already have 100 in Illusion skill. :rolleyes:

If you're going for a mage build and your going to grind levels then I would recommend grinding levels for your defensive schools of magic so you wont be super squishy at your level and your enemies wont do a piñata dance on your head. :D

Try leveling Alteration using the Detect Life spell in populated areas. Make sure you wear as much enchanted apparel as you can for the Alteration school to reduce the Magicka cost for spellcasting and/or Magicka regeneration items. Having a higher Alteration skill will give you access to better armor spells for combat.
My issue is that I have my illusion skill maxed, but I still need five levels to get the proper perks, because leveling illusion to 100 didn't give me the proper number of level perks, that I at least thought it would. So my illusion skill isn't as efficient as it needs to be, but because it's level 100 I can't use it to level up and more to get those perks.

BSE

Mine/buy tons of iron ore. Use Transmute to change the iron into gold. Convert the gold ore into ingots, then smith them into gold rings. Then enchant every gold ring. Then sell them one at a time.

This will increase Alteration, Smithing, Enchanting, and Speech. A quick way to level and you increase multiple skills at the same time.

Jaeger

My issue is that I have my illusion skill maxed, but I still need five levels to get the proper perks, because leveling illusion to 100 didn't give me the proper number of level perks, that I at least thought it would. So my illusion skill isn't as efficient as it needs to be, but because it's level 100 I can't use it to level up and more to get those perks.

Dude, you can level other skills and put perks in Illusion.

There are leveling tips at the wiki and uesp. Google...say... Skyrim restoration or Skyrim Alteration and the wiki and uesp should be around the top.

Jaeger

And if neither of those interest your, I say go adventuring and raise your destruction skill.

Me thinks he's scared plopsless something is going to eat his sweetroll.

Then after he get his character skills at 100, he going to be bored without the intermittent level gains jolts.