If You Could Build A House Anywhere...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Where would it be?

I would build one in Blackreach.

There is definitely an eerie beauty about the place.

beastoking

Sunvaar Do Keizaal
I would have a manor in the Gildergleam cave, or the cave where the werewolf in Falkreath heads.
Why? Well defended and hidden, and away from prying eyes.
Plus i found those caves to be beautiful.
Oh, or The Vale. The Vale was pretty awesome.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
In the Reach, My Characters are mostly Bretons, so i want to be by Highrock. Plus the Reach has some of the best scenery. It is mostly rocky mountains, but not covered in snow. I'd build a huge castle and have tons of servants and soldiers.

A giant garden for all my ingredients mostly from plants in oblivion realms and the shivering Isles,

A huge mine nearby with a black smith too

rooms filled with gold too

Halls decked out with wild game trophies

Huge dining table

Bee hives for my mead

A brewery

I could go on forever, but one thing is for sure i can never find a house good enough for my characters. :cool:

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

Rimfaxe96

I would rebuild the giant Castle Vyrthur destroyed in the Forgotten Vale.
Goddamnit dude, you didn't have to bring the whole building down. >.<

LotusEater

Without a doubt, just outside Riften, on the lake, preferably on one of the rocky outcroppings. For some reason I'm just in luv with Riften and the Rift in general.

Honeyside already fits that bill pretty close. How about a house in the Soul Cairn. You could decorate with purple furniture. Purple weapon racks. Purple flowers. Store jugs of grape juice. Hang purple velvet Elvis and Snoop posters. Have a purple undead butler.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Without a doubt, just outside Riften, on the lake, preferably on one of the rocky outcroppings. For some reason I'm just in luv with Riften and the Rift in general.

Honeyside already fits that bill pretty close. How about a house in the Soul Cairn. You could decorate with purple furniture. Purple weapon racks. Purple flowers. Store jugs of grape juice. Hang purple velvet Elvis and Snoop posters. Have a purple undead butler.
Oh, I agree about Honeyside. I luv the place. Just sayin' I'd like to be outside the city on my own. I agree about the Soul Cairn though. You'd really need to be a certain type of person to live there though. Purple Velvet Posters? I prefer dogs playing pocker myself. :)

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I would love to build a house near Riften. I love the lakes, I love the leaves and the colors, I love the variety of terrain and the lush forests. I also love doing trips to Riften for trading and whatnot, and it would be nice to live closer to the Thieves Guild. Maybe even have a tunnel to connect to the Ragged Flagon from the basement? :D

Or, I would love to build a house near Solitude, right by the coast. I would love to live right by the sea, and be able to look out at the sea when I leave my house. I wouldn't have it three-storied like Proudspire Manor in the city, but I would rather have it one story with a kitchen and dining room combo, and living areas and bedrooms all on the main floor, and then have my HUGE alchemy lab on the second floor. :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I would love to build a house near Riften. I love the lakes, I love the leaves and the colors, I love the variety of terrain and the lush forests. I also love doing trips to Riften for trading and whatnot, and it would be nice to live closer to the Thieves Guild. Maybe even have a tunnel to connect to the Ragged Flagon from the basement? :D

Or, I would love to build a house near Solitude, right by the coast. I would love to live right by the sea, and be able to look out at the sea when I leave my house. I wouldn't have it three-storied like Proudspire Manor in the city, but I would rather have it one story with a kitchen and dining room combo, and living areas and bedrooms all on the main floor, and then have my HUGE alchemy lab on the second floor. :)
After my own heart. I hadn't even thought about the Solitude Coast! You are so right.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
But if I had to really have a dream house (I know this makes NO sense, but bear with me)... I would love a house in Sovngarde! I know that you can't technically LIVE in Sovngarde, that's why it's my non-realistic dream house. I would love to have a house that looks just like Shor's hall, but a smaller version.. complete with all the beautiful gold table settings, the wine barrels, the delicious feast... and then I could walk outside and see the beautiful sky with the stars galore, and the beautiful valley. Of course, I wouldn't be living there while Alduin was there. I'd kick that jerk outta my neighborhood! :p

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Blackreach for sure...I also used Sinderon's place for a temporary house

LotusEater

It's kinda nice once you clean it up, eh? :)

Plus, where else can you walk out your front door and drink iced tea on an ebony vein?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I would build a palace in the sea for my Argonian (preferably the Sea of Ghost). I would build a fortress near Solitude for my Warrior types. I would live in a Mushroom (like the ones in Morrowind) for my Mages. These... should be mods if there not.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust

That was actually where I got the idea for this thread; my mage has been down there wandering around for a couple of days now. She has decided that Sinderion's would make a nice base of operations as she continues to explore the vast network of caverns.

My mage is also doing a very similar thing. He is Dunmer and is fascinated by the Dwemer, he was inspired by Calcelmo to collect any and everything he can find. You should see the amount of Dwemer things sitting in Vlindrel Hall