Consider me pissed, i want my money Back

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wraypau

Ok, let me start this by saying that I really really love this game, and am pissed that my game is now glitched like a mofo. I dont get it, it was running smooth, and then bam, its glitched up. I can go to previous saves, and get the same outcome. I am mad I cannot finish my game, and want a refund. Here is a list of the glitches that I know of so far.

1. Cannot finish the main quest. When I get ot the top of the throat of the world, talk to paaranax, open my elder scoll, the screen goes red, a dragon flies up, and 2 people beat it to death. Onc ethe dragon dies, the two keep beating it for like 45 minutes, or however long I let it run before restarting. the 3rd guy is laying on the ground dead next to another dead dragon???

2. Cannot go into master bedroom in Hjerim. All my geat inside bedroom is lost.

3. Cannot open certain door or activate levers in dungeons. (Doors are not barred from other side, or sealed, just a normal freaking wooden door)..

4. Dragon Priest at Shearpoint will not come out of coffin.

I can go on and on. This is just a few of the glitches.

Now, Since I really digged this game, i told ym friends about ti. Well 2 of them bought the game. Both of theirs glitched out before making it as far as I did into the game. So basically the 3 of us spent over $200 plus a several hundred hours to feel totally screwed. Anybody know how to contact Besthda, I want a refund.

andrea

welcome to the club, I couldn't finish the main quest with my very first char because I got stuck in the season unending-stormcloak loop, had to start over. second one played out pretty good, keeping 2-3 early saves before every mission. Now I'm playing a 3rd one.

Windress

What Console are you guys playing the game on?

Olaf

I'm playing on PS3 as well and had a lot of issues at first. Turning off auto save seemed to help my game play out A LOT. If your willing to give it another shot i'd try that. good luck!

Windress

Ps3 so no way to use console commands. Is there any updates available

Only the initial Patch that Sony has you download the first time you open the game. Do you remember if it prompted you for that patch?

I also play on PS3 and haven't experienced any of the above issues you listed, so I'm truly baffled. I know that some older model PS3s had issues with lagging once the saved game file grew over a certain file size, but I've not heard of some of these glitches before. You might check for a system update in addition to the patch.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
I think I got lucky. i play on Xbox 360 and I never had any problems at all. Except that I can't get the house in Windhelm but I manage ;)

Another PS3 user hear, (knock on wood) so far I havent experienced any issues...well one issue but nothing major, occasionally the game will freeze, all that is needed is turning the game off and restarting

brandon

im on the xbox and the only problem ive ran into so far is that i couldnt learn two words of power. the screen would get all dark but that was all that would happen. and i couldnt complete the aqmulate of gaulder quest do to one of the words not getting learned. but i just skipped that quest then when i made a new character nothing went wrong. try to keep your save files down. one of my soldiers were talking plops about how badass the ps3 was and then his did some weird plops too.

Avocent

I feel your pain, luckily for me the only two glitches that are noticeable are, the can't marry Lydia bug and she can no longer carry any of my stuff as she is over loaded. I now look up ever single quest and there associated glitches before I accept or complete any of them, and I save before during and after every mission so I do have some recourse if I run into a glitch. I play on the 360 and wish I had the PC version so I could fix some stuff myself via the console, but I hope I make it to the end of the game or the next patch whichever comes first.

Almost forgot about my conjures not spawning when summoned, then the baddies come over and melt my face.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
Hi. I must admit I logged into this forum at work today to make the same exact post just with different glitches. This is my Favorite Game of the Year without doubt however the Companions and Blades quest lines have been put in jeopardy and really disappointed me because this has become my preferred play through. I have encountered 3 potentially "game breaking" (for me) glitches so far in the last 2 days on my second character:

1. Paarthurnax has become immune prior to slaying him for the quest, completed the peace treaty part of Main Quest, DID NOT PROMISE GREYBEARDS I WOULD SPARE HIM! It came time to kill him however he is now immune and unkillable, aka essential. Issue: Now I can't recruit anymore Blades NPCs at Sky Haven Temple to continue the questline. Solution: Ordered a follower to begin combat, was able to kill him.

2. Esbern's potions do not work, he will not acknowlege I have given him dragon bones and scales for Blades quest "Dragon Research." This is a known bug which looks to have no resolution. Issue: Now I can't continue the Blades questline, I've only done one dragon hunt with my crew and this plainly sucks. I wanted to perfectly gear all 3 for our raids and now I can't even complete the first one. Solution: None I could find, HELP!

3. I found the Winterhold Jarl's helm located at Driftshade Refuge and as any good adventurer would do I slaughtered everyone in the place, now I can't progress the Companions. Issue: Preventing me from continuing the Companions quest line, stuck at "Purity of Revenge" because there are no NPCS left to kill. Smaller issue being theres a group of people idling in Whiterun, one is the blacksmith shop keeper and its annoying he is out of place.Solution: Have read I can wait someplace outside of the Refuge and Whiterun for 30 days and try again. This has not worked, HELP!

These are 3 MAJOR glitches which don't seem all that uncommon. I have done no other quest lines which I would think makes glitches less of an issue. The excuse that the game is huge and a lot is going on does NOT cut it, Fallout does a better job of keeping plops straight. The graphics and gamplay upgrades from Oblivion also don't mean much when I can't even do quests and RP. Issues like this which should have been discovered in a simple beta test really make me doubt this is a worthy Game of the Year, although its still my Favorite Game of the Year.

BTW: I play on XBox 360 Elite with an up to date system and up to date Skyrim, have not used any exploits or cheats.

SeaDog

Its a Sony PS3 issue, not a game issue. When Bethesda writes its patches and updates, it sends them to Microsoft and Sony respectively for review. MS and Sony are SUPPOSED to test them for functionality before they are published and feedback for any unresolved issues. Evidently, Microsoft is the only one doing adequate quality control.

I would blame SONY, not Bethesda. I'm on an XBOX, and have had very few problems. None of which are game killers. Not even close.

Kurrus

360 player here. After 6 playthroughs I can honestly say I've beeen fortunate. Love the game, one of my all-time favorites. Here are the only issues I've ran accross so far:

* Could not open the Riften fishery in order to launch the Jarl's Skooma quest. Both door were always locked at all times of the day. Picked the locks various times, but Wujeeta was no where to be found.

* Could not open the door in the "haunted' barrow in Ivarstead. I had the sapphire claw, and aligned the symbols accordingly, but no dice.

* Completed the White Phial quest (both parts, including the repairing) on one playthrough, but could not on another because the courier never found me with the message to return to the shop.

So far that's it. i feel for you guys that are having more serious issues. Hopefully there will be future patches.

brandon

Hi. I must admit I logged into this forum at work today to make the same exact post just with different glitches. This is my Favorite Game of the Year without doubt however the Companions and Blades quest lines have been put in jeopardy and really disappointed me because this has become my preferred play through. I have encountered 3 potentially "game breaking" (for me) glitches so far in the last 2 days on my second character:

1. Paarthurnax has become immune prior to slaying him for the quest, completed the peace treaty part of Main Quest, DID NOT PROMISE GREYBEARDS I WOULD SPARE HIM! It came time to kill him however he is now immune and unkillable, aka essential. Issue: Now I can't recruit anymore Blades NPCs at Sky Haven Temple to continue the questline. Solution: Ordered a follower to begin combat, was able to kill him.

2. Esbern's potions do not work, he will not acknowlege I have given him dragon bones and scales for Blades quest "Dragon Research." This is a known bug which looks to have no resolution. Issue: Now I can't continue the Blades questline, I've only done one dragon hunt with my crew and this plainly sucks. I wanted to perfectly gear all 3 for our raids and now I can't even complete the first one. Solution: None I could find, HELP!

3. I found the Winterhold Jarl's helm located at Driftshade Refuge and as any good adventurer would do I slaughtered everyone in the place, now I can't progress the Companions. Issue: Preventing me from continuing the Companions quest line, stuck at "Purity of Revenge" because there are no NPCS left to kill. Smaller issue being theres a group of people idling in Whiterun, one is the blacksmith shop keeper and its annoying he is out of place.Solution: Have read I can wait someplace outside of the Refuge and Whiterun for 30 days and try again. This has not worked, HELP!

These are 3 MAJOR glitches which don't seem all that uncommon. I have done no other quest lines which I would think makes glitches less of an issue. The excuse that the game is huge and a lot is going on does NOT cut it, Fallout does a better job of keeping pl*** straight. The graphics and gamplay upgrades from Oblivion also don't mean much when I can't even do quests and RP. Issues like this which should have been discovered in a simple beta test really make me doubt this is a worthy Game of the Year, although its still my Favorite Game of the Year.

BTW: I play on XBox 360 Elite with an up to date system and up to date Skyrim, have not used any exploits or cheats.

im on an xbox and i havent taken the dragon quest line this far yet so i cant tell you if this is solely on your system or not. but on one of my other characters i couldnt finish the amulate of gaulder quest because of a glitch with the word of power. but if you do like this game so much why not try to make another character and try the exact samethings again. maybe you did something out of order. idk.

* Completed the White Phial quest (both parts, including the repairing) on one playthrough, but could not on another because the courier never found me with the message to return to the shop.

i did the first half of the white phial quest but i never knew you could fix it. i played for a week in real time and i would go back and forth to windhelm every couple of game days or so and no curior ever came to me. now i know i can fix it i might try this time.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
im on an xbox and i havent taken the dragon quest line this far yet so i cant tell you if this is solely on your system or not. but on one of my other characters i couldnt finish the amulate of gaulder quest because of a glitch with the word of power. but if you do like this game so much why not try to make another character and try the exact samethings again. maybe you did something out of order. idk.

i did the first half of the white phial quest but i never knew you could fix it. i played for a week in real time and i would go back and forth to windhelm every couple of game days or so and no curior ever came to me. now i know i can fix it i might try this time.
Oh believe me I do plan to make another character (most likely a stealthy female type) ;-) I just fear that I have to watch my every step while adventuring. If I need to Google each location I visit to make sure it won't glitch a future quest the game starts to feel a bit linear.

Of course doing something like lets say slaying the Emperor should then block me from joining the Imperial Army the rest of my play through but other smaller things along the way could be resolved by making locations repopulate enemies on a more regular basis. I understand locations do not repopulate quick in an effort to avoid dungeon farming however for example a quest sends you to a "Cleared" location, that location repopulates based on the quest.

brandon

Oh believe me I do plan to make another character (most likely a stealthy female type) ;-) I just fear that I have to watch my every step while adventuring. If I need to Google each location I visit to make sure it won't glitch a future quest the game starts to feel a bit linear.

Of course doing something like lets say slaying the Emperor should then block me from joining the Imperial Army the rest of my play through but other smaller things along the way could be resolved by making locations repopulate enemies on a more regular basis. I understand locations do not repopulate quick in an effort to avoid dungeon farming however for example a quest sends you to a "Cleared" location, that location repopulates based on the quest.
this shouldve been a spoiler. but noone is supposed to know your the one who took down the emperor other then the head of his psd. and you drop him later.so since you are an awesome assassin then you shouldve been golden on that aspect. and can join whichever side you want. and the dungeons do repopulate on a regular basis. im not sure on the timeline but ive cleared the same dungeons multiple times

Avocent

Well if you got caught or recognized slaying the Emperor I would agree but.....................

Windress

Its a Sony PS3 issue, not a game issue. When Bethesda writes its patches and updates, it sends them to Microsoft and Sony respectively for review. MS and Sony are SUPPOSED to test them for functionality before they are published and feedback for any unresolved issues. Evidently, Microsoft is the only one doing adequate quality control.

I would blame SONY, not Bethesda. I'm on an XBOX, and have had very few problems. None of which are game killers. Not even close.

I'm not exactly sure this is a fair statement. First of all, there is a well-known laundry list of existing glitches and bugs within Skyrim gameplay that Bethesda is aware of but has not yet released a patch or update in order to address. So saying that any bug is solely Sony's fault isn't really true or realistic; it's more likely to be both a PS3 issue and a Game issue.

Secondly, because not every single PS3 on the market encounters these issues, I'd be inclined to say its a situation problem that is probably affected by factors like: What else is saved on the PS3 hard drive, the age of the PS3 console, the Internet connection interacting with the console, the production edition of the purchased game disk, etc.

Some people playing on the PS3 never encounter any of these problems, or encounter entirely different problems elsewhere in the game. And as you can see above, some people encounter a whole series of glitches while playing on the XBox.

Thirdly, I get the impression you're a biased party. Which is fine, by the way, but doesn't really help this person solve his issue.

Wraypau, unfortunately, you may have to sacrifice your active game data in order to resolve this issue. Did you ever sky another Skyrim disc to see whether that affected the glitches? You also have the option to delete the game utility data (this is a risk that I do not recommend without backing up your save files and getting further advice from a professional!) and have the patch re-install as though you were playing the game for the first time on your console. That way you could at least determine if the game mechanics, or if your saved file, were corrupted.

The easier option would probably be to start a second game and try playing it through the same gameplay milestones to see how it responds. Beware, if you're already experiencing glitched, you'll likely also have the bug where Skyrim deletes a prior characters game data when creating a new character from scratch.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
Windress I like your idea about backing up saves then clearing game data and reinstalling the patch. It may not be a game but in the past I've done this with the Netflix application and experienced better results.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts