Little things make a Big Big Difference .. .. ..

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I wouldn't have minded a way to gamble money, since you end up with heaps of it. Stuff like Oblivion had betting on the arena, maybe there could of been an underground arena. I know there is a bandit cave that has an arena type pit. That could of been cool if it was used, like you could fight in it or bet on it.

Ability to take over houses of people who have died or abandoned houses. If shop keepers die, you can buy their store from the Jarl and some NPC comes up to you asking if they can run it or something, that way you can still buy and sell, maybe earn money off it. I would of liked to have been able to take over other houses, like Mercer's manor, Arentino residence, Riften warehouse etc. It irritates me that unoccupied places look better than the house I paid for.

You should be a writer for Bethesda. Interesting ideas.

I'd love it if disguises actually worked, or you could poison food in the market stalls. Haha.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
One small thing would make a big difference, if they fixed the bloody Nightingale weapons so they can be improved if you obtained them over level 45.

Docta Corvina

Personally, I would have loved the option of being able to actually enjoy the carriage rides you can buy in the game. In other words, instead of it fading to black and you just arriving at the destination, I wish the game actually let you sit back and enjoy the scenery roll past on your journey - if you're not in too much of a hurry. They could still have had it so you could skip the animation, but it's something I think they could have done to good effect. It would, for me anyway, have added that extra bit of "realism" in the world. Basically, something like the opening scene's wagon ride and perspective.

Hell, Rockstar did it in Red Dead Redemption and while that game's overworld map was perhaps comparatively smaller, I still think Beth could have done it in Skyrim. It would have been cool to travel along the bumpy wilderness roads and even perhaps be accosted by bandits or stopped by soldiers on the way. Carriages in real time, plz.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I wish they'd let you confront Ulfric with the Dossier, or tell Elisif about meeting her husband in Sovncrap.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
People sleeping in their armor, even in Oblivion guards took off their armor when going to sleep. The one's that would patrol the roads would stop at an inn for the night.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
How about the ability to sell a dang house once you've bought a new one! I'm up to 7 domiciles now (including the Arch Mage quarters, Harbringer Rooms and all the houses). I don't need that many homes! I really only use my one in Windhelm anyhow (I like the armory - that's my project for the weekend! Plus there's no dern housecarl. They just get on my nerves.).

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
I wish they'd give you the ability to use magic as a creative project of some sort. You see everyone else extracting stuff from dead things to conjure them up, but your character can't. That's.... sad....

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
If you join a faction, your rank at the end means something. Like Thieves Guild, Civil War factions especially. I'm walking along as a Legate and I get called "Citizen" and lack of respect from the guards. The only people who call you by rank are the one's in Forts. Being a Legate I should be able to command guards to allow me into areas, or to do something, you could only order one guard which was Captain Aldis for a misc quest on finding out how someone's daughter died.

Legate commands an entire Legion, where are my soldiers. :sadface:

Absolutely agree with you bro. I said it before and I back you up on this. A Legatus was like a General back then, so you should command every single guard and not to be put up to their disrespectful behavior when they talk to you. You should even make them follow you and protect you and that could make the game more real than it is. ;)

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
3 things that should be added are *SPOILER*
1) where are the apple trees i see apples all over in just about every house/building/cave...even in dwemer ruins, i thought maybe they were imported by boat but then how can a simple beggar have them in his shack...literally every one has apple on them yet there are none in the wild.
2)puddles, it rains in skyrim yet i never see any puddles from the rain, same with lightning (pretty sure I have heard thunder but never seen lightning).
3) in solsteim when you in the water on the coast why do the waves pretty much go over you yet they don't pull you in like in real life?
thats all if i had to pick one for them to fix in a patch it would be the apples, i dunno why just something about it lol

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I'd like for people to know their limitations, Alvor you're a blacksmith leave the Dragon Slaying to me I don't come over to your forge sharpen swords for you I got this.
Specific Necromancy dialog, you mean to tell me I'm walking around with Ulfric Stormcloak as my personal meat puppet and no one has anything to say?
Customizable armor, little things like etching, sigils and whatnot.
The ability to name and armor my horse, I spent 1000 Septims on the bastard I should get to call him whatever I want and have him not get 2 hitted by a troll.
Legate followers I'd like to have the legates that usually just sit in the Hold capitals become available followers after the civil war is completed, they're already essential and I'd like to hear more about Fasendil's past. (of course the stormcloaks generals as well if you were misguided enough to travel that path :D)

berzum

I'd like for people to know their limitations, Alvor you're a blacksmith leave the Dragon Slaying to me I don't come over to your forge sharpen swords for you I got this.
Specific Necromancy dialog, you mean to tell me I'm walking around with Ulfric Stormcloak as my personal meat puppet and no one has anything to say?
Customizable armor, little things like etching, sigils and whatnot.
The ability to name and armor my horse, I spent 1000 Septims on the bastard I should get to call him whatever I want and have him not get 2 hitted by a troll.
Legate followers I'd like to have the legates that usually just sit in the Hold capitals become available followers after the civil war is completed, they're already essential and I'd like to hear more about Fasendil's past. (of course the stormcloaks generals as well if you were misguided enough to travel that path :D)
custom armor would be nice, maybe even being able to dye it different colors, i like the dwarven armor but the color looks real childish, same with elven armor. as far as horse armor i dunno, it would be a nice to ba eble to add armor but seeing how *SPOILER* use a mount that i can summon thanks to a certian quest from dawnguard armor on a skeleton horse wouldn't look good in my opinion....oh and I wish skyrim had unicorn i know oblivion did and i think morrowind might have also.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
why did Balgruuf ask me to go to Bleak Falls Barrow? At that point most players aren't even wearing armor, and if they are it's pretty crappy. You're put in the game with 0 skills, yet store owners keep nagging at you to go on a murderous rage against a large group of bandits, a POS jarl asks you to kill a dragon.

Seriously?

Akhkharus

Removal of fresh ingredients found in ancient ruins or caves.
"Oh dum-dee-dee, I am in an old dungeon. *stomach rumble* Oh, I'm hungry. *spots an old burlap sack* Red apples and cabbages?! Score! nom-nom-nom-nom"

Removal of that annoying conversation with Brynjolf. Who the f* is that guy to judge the coin I carry that I earned from honest bandit killing?

Changing of Dirge's dialogue when a character reaches the pinnacle of the Thieves' Guild. I swear I killed that douche-face numerous times for disrespecting the guild master.

Unenchanted mage robes. One of the coolest looking apparel in-game that I have to live with of just having 50% magicka regen.

First person horse riding that goes with mounted combat.

"Sheathing" your shield and slinging it to your back so that you don't look like a fool who is sitting in a bar and eats his food and drinks his mead while wearing a shield.

This may be a bit too much to ask but, first person overlays when wearing helmets or other sight obscuring headgear.

berzum

Removal of fresh ingredients found in ancient ruins or caves.
"Oh dum-dee-dee, I am in an old dungeon. *stomach rumble* Oh, I'm hungry. *spots an old burlap sack* Red apples and cabbages?! Score! nom-nom-nom-nom"

Removal of that annoying conversation with Brynjolf. Who the f* is that guy to judge the coin I carry that I earned from honest bandit killing?

Changing of Dirge's dialogue when a character reaches the pinnacle of the Thieves' Guild. I swear I killed that douche-face numerous times for disrespecting the guild master.

Unenchanted mage robes. One of the coolest looking apparel in-game that I have to live with of just having 50% magicka regen.

First person horse riding that goes with mounted combat.

"Sheathing" your shield and slinging it to your back so that you don't look like a fool who is sitting in a bar and eats his food and drinks his mead while wearing a shield.

This may be a bit too much to ask but, first person overlays when wearing helmets or other sight obscuring headgear.
as far as the robes goes, go to solitube and buy the clothing you like, such as mages robes go to enchanting station drink some enchanting pots and enchant the robes with wat ever your heart desires, I have some blue robes that -25 % and some brown gloves that -25% and a ring and necklace that does the same...or you can increase mag regen the highest i have managed without abusing any exploit is like 125% i,e, I bought enchanting pots.

Akhkharus

as far as the robes goes, go to solitube and buy the clothing you like, such as mages robes go to enchanting station drink some enchanting pots and enchant the robes with wat ever your heart desires, I have some blue robes that -25 % and some brown gloves that -25% and a ring and necklace that does the same...or you can increase mag regen the highest i have managed without abusing any exploit is like 125% i,e, I bought enchanting pots.

Okay, that is a big fail on my part. Should have known that there is set of hooded ones that are unenchanted since dawnguard.

I'll replace that with this, then:

Have all my weapons I use appear in my character even though I am equipped with a different one, i.e. Have the bow on my back even though I am using swords and stuff.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Okay, that is a big fail on my part. Should have known that there is set of hooded ones that are unenchanted since dawnguard.

I'll replace that with this, then:

Have all my weapons I use appear in my character even though I am equipped with a different one, i.e. Have the bow on my back even though I am using swords and stuff.
I agree with the weapons, but, sheesh, with everything I carry, I'd end up looking like a walking armory. Armor, shield, 2 helmets (different functions - on is waterbreathing), 2 1 handed swords, 2 daggers, a two handed and two bows along with SOOOO many arrows. I probably wouldn't be able to see the character and he'd be bristlin' like porcupine!

berzum

I agree with the weapons, but, sheesh, with everything I carry, I'd end up looking like a walking armory. Armor, shield, 2 helmets (different functions - on is waterbreathing), 2 1 handed swords, 2 daggers, a two handed and two bows along with SOOOO many arrows. I probably wouldn't be able to see the character and he'd be bristlin' like porcupine!
lol bristlin porupine just makes me laugh....god forbid one of the drauger lords does the disarm shout arrow and weapons flying everywhere....could poke an eye out.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo

They could do like Dark Souls and only sheathe the weapons you have equipped. With the shield on your back and your swords in the sockets.

Docta Corvina

Along the lines of added/improved dialogue, I wish that every or almost every NPC could have lines that address the player's wearing of the Amulet of Mara and flirtation/proposal - for better or for worse, instead of sometimes not at all (as we know, many NPCs totally ignore the Amulet).

So for example, if you wore it around Brynjolf or Teldryn Sero, even though they're not marriageable vanilla-wise, they could have lines to indicate that aversion to the vows. Like, "You're sweet, but...I'm married to my job" or "It's not you, it's me". I think it would have added yet more realism and flavor to the whole marrying thing, instead of it seeming like a mere game mechanic with little charm or even utility in some cases.

I realize this would have required more dialogue for the "generalized" voices as well as the unique ones, but I think it would have been well worth it. Could have been very amusing, anyway. :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts