What would it be like to meet the Dvines?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FullmetalHeart20

I admit I'm trying to decide myself, and I'm not very familiar with the lore. Let's say the Divines regained the power they lost and could manifest like the Daedra. What would they be like? Their mannerisms, personas? Would they necessarily be good, or beyond morality?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Well generally they would be good. The only one who I would say I could for sure see his form would be Akotosh as a great dragon, and Talos I suppose. But some of the other ones I think it would be hard to say.

FullmetalHeart20

Well generally they would be good. The only one who I would say I could for sure see his form would be Akotosh as a great dragon, and Talos I suppose. But some of the other ones I think it would be hard to say.
I don't know. Some of their domaines seem rather cruel. Nature, commerce, logic, war, death. I believe just as some Daedra are considered 'good', some Aedra will end up on a broken pedestal.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I don't know. Some of their domaines seem rather cruel. Nature, commerce, logic, war, death. I believe just as some Daedra are considered 'good', some Aedra will end up on a broken pedestal.

To be honest I sometimes think that the Aedra and Daedra are just mirrors of each other in a sense. But IDK yeah the differences likely are more fundamental than obvious. My example would be like Ares to Athena.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Im sure they would be good because after Lorkhan deceivd them, they by there own choice gave up part of there power to help create Nirn.

FullmetalHeart20

Im sure they would be good because after Lorkhan deceivd them, they by there own choice gave up part of there power to help create Nirn.
On the other hand, there isn't a Daedra of life and death. It doesn't matter what the citizens of Nirn think is good or evil. They get what their gods are, weather they like it or not. The only one I can see being entirely pleasant is Mara.

Shadow King

Unlike the Daedra I dont think the Aedra need to prove anything by showing power etc like the Daedric princes do, of what I know of the Aedra and Daedra is that Aedra are much more powerfull sort of like God=Aedra Devil=Daedra the reason I think this is how easy Akatosh destroys Dagon at the end of Oblivion off course Martin sacrifices himself, and Daedra dont die as such, but if Aedra were to have there full power maybe they could Kill Daedra for good.

Shadow King

On the other hand, there isn't a Daedra of life and death. It doesn't matter what the citizens of Nirn think is good or evil. They get what their gods are, weather they like it or not. The only one I can see being entirely pleasant is Mara.

Its hard to say so little is known of the Aedra, even if they had there full power back they probably would only let special mortals see them Dragonborn/Neraverine they are the creators of Nirn so im not sure if they would become in any way bad/evil especially after giving up alot of there power.

FullmetalHeart20

Unlike the Daedra I dont think the Aedra need to prove anything by showing power etc like the Daedric princes do, of what I know of the Aedra and Daedra is that Aedra are much more powerfull sort of like God=Aedra Devil=Daedra the reason I think this is how easy Akatosh destroys Dagon at the end of Oblivion off course Martin sacrifices himself, and Daedra dont die as such, but if Aedra were to have there full power maybe they could Kill Daedra for good.
The Daedra aren't evil at all. Take Dagon for example. He isn't the prince of destruction because he necissarily likes it. It's because he is destruction. It's something all creatures take part in. It's the same with all the other Princes. They're forces of nature. We just happen to like some less than others.
I believe it's the same with Aedra. There's something bad about their spheres of influence if you think about it.
On a side note, that fight with Dagon didn't look easy. Maybe by our standards, but they seemed near equals.

FullmetalHeart20

Its hard to say so little is known of the Aedra, even if they had there full power back they probably would only let special mortals see them Dragonborn/Neraverine they are the creators of Nirn so im not sure if they would become in any way bad/evil especially after giving up alot of there power.
Who knows? I'd be pissed if my children made such a mess of Nirn. But the point I'm making doesn't really have anything to do with them being good or evil. How nice could a god who embodies such harsh traits be?

Shadow King

The Daedra aren't evil at all. Take Dagon for example. He isn't the prince of destruction because he necissarily likes it. It's because he is destruction. It's something all creatures take part in. It's the same with all the other Princes. They're forces of nature. We just happen to like some less than others.
I believe it's the same with Aedra. There's something bad about their spheres of influence if to think about it.
On a side note, that fight with Dagon didn't look easy. Maybe by our standards, but they seemed near equals.

I know what u mean it is in the Daedric princes nature to do what they were created to do sort of like Dagons a volcano so off course he was created to destroy, I think Akatosh had him and imagine if he had full power. is there any sources to say how strong the Aedra and Daedra are I dont think I have ever come across anything :sadface: would be great though.

Shadow King

Who knows? I'd be pissed if my children made such a mess of Nirn. But the point I'm making doesn't really have anything to do with them being good or evil. How nice could a god who embodies such harsh traits be?

Yea but a god who has harsh traits was also a god who willingly gave his power for the creation of Nirn so its hard to think of a god as harsh even if he does embody such traits when they done such a huge thing like that, remember the 8 original divines were the ones that willingly gave there power to create Nirn the other Aedra didn't im not sure what happend to the other Aedra? but if they 8 Aedra sacrificed there power surely that makes them something rather good.

On another note If they did regain there power I know who would be the first to run deep underground the damn Thalmor im sure Talos would be paying them a long overdue visit :D my wishfull thinking lol.

Hey here is a question that no one has ever answerd for me im not sure if it can be answerd but here goes, so the 8 divines gave there power or part of it to create Nirn but Talos didn't give any his power because he was made a god after the creation/sacrifice so in theory he has his full power and he is perhaps the strongest god even more so than Akatosh I dare say :O, the only thing I can think off is this because the 8 divines were not at full strenth they couldn't have made Talos as strong as what they could have if they had there power.

FullmetalHeart20

Well I'm not sure how much the 'they sacrificed to make the world' argument counts. Azura has nothing to do with that, and she loves her followers as much as any Divine.
I'm not sure about Talos. Besides the theory that he could be making his own sacrifices to help keep reality running, I'm sure he had no idea how to be a proper Divine. Godlike power and knowledge isn't something one just understands. He'd probably suffer some incompetence as a young god.

Shadow King

Well I'm not sure how much the 'they sacrificed to make the world' argument counts. Azura has nothing to do with that, and she loves her followers as much as any Divine.
I'm not sure about Talos. Besides the theory that he could be making his own sacrifices to help keep reality running, I'm sure he had no idea how to be a proper Divine. Godlike power and knowledge isn't something one just understands. He'd probably suffer some incompetence as a young god.

See I deny that Azura is a good Daedric prince, granted she is better than most of them but the problem is this she loves her followers, she loves them not other non followers who do not worship her and offer there souls. she is negative in evry sense of the word well for me at least because of Vivec and his 2 friends she turned an entire race from the beautiful Chimer to the much more uglyer Dunmer so to me I think she is evil unless u worship her. But fair play to you she isn't a Daedra I ever hold much hatred for when roleplaying compared to other Daedric prince.

Shadow King

Yea I like ure theory on Talos, im sure he would need Guidance and many eras of learning to even act like a god such as Akatosh.

FullmetalHeart20

Yea I like ure theory on Talos, im sure he would need Guidance and many eras of learning to even act like a god such as Akatosh.
"Many eras"? The other 8 only have about 3 under their belts, not counting the fourth that started. If it takes many of those to be a good god I'd hate to think how they're doing.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I believe that Akatosh would be the greatest god , even beyond Talos as he and the elven Auri-El are the same , they are the souls of Anuiel , who in turn is the soul of Anu the Everything , who resembled Order and was an equal but opposing force to Sithis / Padomay.

Shadow King

I believe that Akatosh would be the greatest god , even beyond Talos as he and the elven Auri-El are the same , they are the souls of Anuiel , who in turn is the soul of Anu the Everything , who resembled Order and was an equal but opposing force to Sithis / Padomay.

Evry lore source I have seen on the Aedra does show that Akatosh is the greatest. He is for sure more powerfull than Talos, well you would think since Akatosh is the cheif of the divines sort of the Zeus of Olympus he would have been at the forefront of making Tiber Septim a divine and it wouldn't make sense to create something stronger than you, im not sure what Aedra was instrumental in making TIber Septim into a god as im not a lore master but evrything would indicate it would have been Akatosh surely as the cheif of the divines his word would be higher than the others, Another thing I have read is that Akatosh has been in evry culture along with my unsung hero Lorkhan both are known to pretty much evryone.

I always find it funny how Altmer the Bosmer and the Bretons hate Lorkhan (im sure the bretons dont like him I will need to check that to be 100% sure) they hate Lorkhan for deceiving the Aedra but if he didn't deceive them they wouldn't exist :S as he put the wheels in motion to create Nirn, so I find that very odd.

Shadow King

"Many eras"? The other 8 only have about 3 under their belts, not counting the fourth that started. If it takes many of those to be a good god I'd hate to think how they're doing.

I thought the 8 original divines were around much longer than the 3 and a bit eras that have just passed I thought the eras only represented the mortals timeline the races of Nirn? so the divines were created just before the 1st era :S making them just over 3 and a bit eras old thats a very short time I thought it would have been longer than that I really need to look up my lore and get up to speed with you lol.

FullmetalHeart20

Shadow King? The mer races hate him because they believe they used to be greater beings before Nirn. They think the Divines turned them into mere mortals. I think that's why the Dominion hates Talos. He got what they desire so desperately.