Shout preference and why ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

If you would have to choose only 3 shouts, which ones would you pick ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
If I would have to choose only 3 shouts from all of the available ( more than 30 ), I will pick :
- Dragon Aspect ( it will boost protection, damage and stronger everything overall )
- Slow Time ( probably the best out there to kill while your enemy is in slow motion )
- Unrelenting Force ( very effective to stagger or kill your opponent and give you an advantage over your enemy while they are still on the floor )

... keep in mind when you answer please, that regardless of your class and combat style, there are some shouts that are very effective not matter what class you are. If you could only pick 3 of them, what would be your choice ?

WH1PP3D CR3AM

"Trinkets, Odds and Ends, that sort of thing"
Become Ethereal is fun so i chose Unrelenting Force, Ethereal, and Slow Time.
But if i can choose others, they would be...

Marked For Death - With all 3 words, the target's armor rating is decreased by 75, so say if there armor is 50, there armor is -25 after the shout, so you can actually do MORE damage than your weapon's damage, because of negative armor.

Whirlwind Sprint - I only have 2/3 words but i can still go about from Solitude to Riften :p

Unrelenting Force - for LOL's and TROLL's

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Personally I'm not a fan of become ethereal and my vote reflects that, but for personal preference I'd choose:
Elemental fury, marked for death, and disarm
My favorite class is a rouge(NOT assassin) so in a straight up fight, these are insanely useful for leveling the playfield, or just making it a sad slaughter

Chadonraz

Become Ethereal is the most useful Shout, so I'd definitely take that. I have never used Slow Time, and wouldn't have chosen it had I been able to pick the other three. Unrelenting Force is way more fun than Dragon Aspect, especially once you get the chance of disintegration. :D

If I could pick any three Shouts, I'd take Become Ethereal, Elemental Fury (dead useful against strong opponents) and Cyclone (seriously, that Shout is the love of my Skyrim life).

orca45

Become Ethereal is the most useful Shout, so I'd definitely take that. I have never used Slow Time, and wouldn't have chosen it had I been able to pick the other three. Unrelenting Force is way more fun than Dragon Aspect, especially once you get the chance of disintegration. :D

If I could pick any three Shouts, I'd take Become Ethereal, Elemental Fury (dead useful against strong opponents) and Cyclone (seriously, that Shout is the love of my Skyrim life).

Really, it is Cyclone that good ? ...

Chadonraz

Really, it is Cyclone that good ? ...

I mostly picked it because it's a ton of fun. It's useful, too, though; hitting the "victims" with a tornado that gets bigger and stronger as you find the second and third Word. Kinda like Fus Ro Dah, but more effective. And, like I said, fun. :D

orca45

I mostly picked it because it's a ton of fun. It's useful, too, though; hitting the "victims" with a tornado that gets bigger and stronger as you find the second and third Word. Kinda like Fus Ro Dah, but more effective. And, like I said, fun. :D

So, you don’t kill but make everybody fly around and make them crazy and then you charge, is that it ? Sounds fun but from combat effectiveness with the purpose to kill fast, do you think it does have an application ? ;)

Chadonraz

So, you don’t kill but make everybody fly around and make them crazy and then you charge, is that it ? Sounds fun but from combat effectiveness with the purpose to kill fast, do you think it does have an application ? ;)

Oh, but even one Word can be enough to kill a guard, and they're not exactly weak. At least when you're level 40 (or higher). :p

WH1PP3D CR3AM

Dragon Aspect isnt that good with 1 word, its good with more. Ethereal doesnt last long unless you have at least 2 words.

Who has gone to Shearpoint and Beat Krosis and the Dragon and used throw voice on an enemy?

DERPY HERPY TROLOLOLOLOL THROW VOICE

Chadonraz im left handed too :D

orca45

OK, perhaps I did not specified it but I do have all the words in every single shout, so that is not the problem. I do believe, Dragon Aspect is very good but after you cast it, first off, it will last 5 minutes ( longer than any other shout out there ) and whatever spell or shout you cast after Dragon Aspect is active, they will be more powerful than before; I have tried it with Unrelenting Force after and it is awesome, you feel the difference and see the difference ...

WH1PP3D CR3AM

OK, perhaps I did not specified it but I do have all the words in every single shout, so that is not the problem. I do believe, Dragon Aspect is very good but after you cast it, first off, it will last 5 minutes ( longer than any other shout out there ) and whatever spell or shout you cast after Dragon Aspect is active, they will be more powerful than before; I have tried it with Unrelenting Force after and it is awesome, you feel the difference and see the difference ...

I only got 1 word from main quest, so i dont know the real power

WH1PP3D CR3AM

I'd take the 2nd one. I use 'em all, all the time. Luv Ethereal though. It's gotten me out of some sticky situations.

Ever used all 3 slow time words?

TROLOLOL spam spam SLO-MO

Bluebaron

I like to see enemies in skyrim suffer especailly those who say to my khajiit you'll make a fine rug cat so I would choose Cyclone , Storm call , Unrelenting force .

Zyphur

I really only use like, four, anyway. Dragon Aspect, Unrelenting Force, Dragonrend, and Slow Time. So I guess the third one since it's got down 3 out of 4.

Nakatsu_Hime

Unrelenting Force is fun for blowing people off of cliffs, and Become Ethereal is good for preventing my killing myself falling off of cliffs.

I see you love Slow Time. I hate it, it drags out the game like Quick Reflexes, and Steady Hand, and one of my favourite things about games like this is the White Knuckle Action.

My top 3 are:
Whirlwind Sprint, hands down. Virtually all of my characters have this mapped to the Powers key by default. I switch to others, but whenever I do, it's from Whirlwind Sprint. Why? First of all, it's a unique effect, there's nothing else like it in the game (Until you get Bats, which is Whirlwind Sprint for Vampires, with Bats.) Second off, I couldn't help but notice there's a lot of running cross country, and it goes a lot faster if you yell "Wuld!" as often as you can to speed things along. More Combat, less running around between fights, 'nuff said. And finally, it's a great way to get out of the melee when you're surrounded, and getting pounded on. I rarely, if ever play a capped out tank, and even when I did (Tried it, maxing 1 attack for the damage race turns into a boring spamfest with a quickness. "My fighting style is hit him over, and over until he dies!" Yawn.) you can still get in over your head, and need a moment to regroup.

Aura Whisper:
Any Stealth based build is most effective when you see them first. Also helps targeting with the unholy evil combo of Flaming Familiar>Ice Storm around, and through cover. If you're standing behind a rock, armor, and health don't matter, because they hit the rock, and you don't take any damage. Works on every NPC, and doesn't take Magicka, even IFFs for you, and really helps hunters spot game through underbrush (Not to mention not being ambushed by Sabercats.)

Ice Form:
Shut up, Ancano. There's lots of times when I really don't want to fight, or at least get a head start on the Damage Race when Stealth is not an Option. Beefgate bosses that you have to talk to first, so they force you to take them on in a toe-to-toe Duel? (Tsun, I'm looking at you.) In a Word, "Iiz," you can pound on them while they get up, then worry about Hack&Bash tactics, or run away, and pelt them with arrows from afar, or hose them down with Wall of Flames/Frost. For pretty much any character except the Smithed up Tank with the Sword of Earthcleaving, this gets you out of, or at least through the start in these fights where they leave you no choice. The Caller is a long frustrating Shell Game Boss that I've done a thousand times before, and sometimes would much rather cut short. If I don't happen to have Flaming Familiar/Ice Storm to 1 Shot her with, this keeps her from 'porting, summoning, and kiting me around the room while her Atronachs make life difficult for me.

In DLC, I'll add Cyclone. It's even more abusable fun than FRD.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Slow time is my most used, I find it fun when up against archers. Seeing all the arrows fly past in slow motion like the Matrix.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts