• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Anyone lese having problems with the new patch?

I spent about ten minuets messing with Steam uploading to the patch and getting three CTDs/terrible freezes with no warning, so yeah.

sticky runes

It seems a bit mean fixing the oghma infinium bug, but since they are fixing tons of other bugs that do ruin the game, I think I can live with it. My using the cheat was kind of a "f#ck you" to all the annoying bugs that caused my game to crash or quests to not complete correctly, etc.

sticky runes

Companions will equip better weapons and armor if given to them

They already do this? Or does it mean they'll wear the stuff permanently, like when you meet them after you've parted ways or something?

Adam Warlock

They already do this? Or does it mean they'll wear the stuff permanently, like when you meet them after you've parted ways or something?

I really hope this means the follower bow bug is fixed and that Serana will use an improved version of the Royal Vampire Armor.

Kadris

My game says that the game version is not supported I have tried everything I could think of but slyrim still wom't work!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

I don't know if this is what it means but whenever I used to give Vilkas tempered Wolf Armor he wouldn't equip it and would only wear his Wolf Armor which was hidden in the inventory trade window. If I gave him armor with a better base armor rating he would equip that though. I never tried it with other followers because I always gave them armor with a better base armor rating anyway but maybe this was a problem for all followers.

Cakesmite

I really hope that it'll come to the consoles soon enough..

Verac

I really hope that it'll come to the consoles soon enough..
probably not, they almost always favored pc, look at the creation kit. PC only. mods? pc only. heck people even went out of they're way to make unofficial patches((PC only again to)) to fix hugely buged items like ebony blade or rueful axe or the dark brotherhood mask for males. if they fixed half this crap id play skyrim a bit more often. Now we got a mannequin glitch that dupes watever u put on it even if u take it off and replace it with something else it will just come back (( i don't like exploits, that and i want to keep redecorating my mannequins))

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
probably not, they almost always favored pc, look at the creation kit. PC only. mods? pc only. heck people even went out of they're way to make unofficial patches((PC only again to)) to fix hugely buged items like ebony blade or rueful axe or the dark brotherhood mask for males. if they fixed half this crap id play skyrim a bit more often. Now we got a mannequin glitch that dupes watever u put on it even if u take it off and replace it with something else it will just come back (( i don't like exploits, that and i want to keep redecorating my mannequins))

TES has always been a PC series first.

Also, look at PS360 hardware and then look at the minimum requirements for games on PC. Then take a look at agreements in regards to Xbox Live and PSN accounts and even just USING the two consoles. That's why PC has mods and consoles don't.

You can mod on 360 and PS3, but that requires hacking or jailbreaking the system. On 360 I THINK you don't have to hack/jailbreak, but then again, look at the hardware. You want an 8k retexture on something or 20 followers? You won't notice too much difference if your system crashes or freezes because it can't handle that.

But back to the patch- console users can probably expect it 2-3 weeks later as usual because it has to be placed on Xbox Live / PSN servers and whatnot.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
NEW FEATURES
Legendary difficulty setting
Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.

What does this means ? Can you explain please ? In my case, all of my skills are a 100%, what do you mean they can be made Legendary and will reset to 15 .... etc, etc, ?

Legendary difficulty setting
Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.

BUG FIXES

General memory and stability improvements
Fixed issue with quest scripts that were not shutting down properly
Fixed rare issue where player is unable to learn the Clear Skies shout during “The Throat of the World”
Fixed rare instance where Alduin would become invincible during “Alduin’s Bane”
Fixed a rare issue where player could become stuck in Night Mother’s coffin during “Death Incarnate”
Fixed rare issue where protected companions could be killed from poison damage
Fixed rare issue with certain ash piles left from resurrected NPCs not clearing properly
Fixed rare issue with NPCs and creatures respawning improperly after player fast travels
Fixed rare crash when entering Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
Fixed rare crash when entering a player owned home
Random dragon attacks will no longer occur during “Battle for Whiterun”
Fixed a rare crash when attempting to save your game during “Waking Nightmare”
Fixed issue where “Glory of the Undead” would not start properly if player is in combat with Eorlund Gray-Mane
The white phial is no longer consumed if given to a follower
If player marries Aela, the “Totem of Hircine” quest will be available
Unused briar hearts can be dropped after finishing “The White Phial”
Fixed issue with paying off a crime against the Companions that prevented player from getting Companions quests properly
Thieves Guild caches are now properly enabled in the appropriate cities
The Dragon Infusion perk now works properly when taking Esbern’s Potion
Cragslane Cave properly resets if player receives a radiant quest to clear it out
Fixed rare issue with bounty quest objectives not properly clearing after completion
Gallus’ Encoded Journal is no longer a quest item after completing the Thieves Guild
In “No Stone Unturned” Vex will now accept Unusual Gems if you’ve collected them all before starting the quest
Vekel the Man now gives rewards for completing “Toying with The Dead”
Fixed rare issue with being unable to turn in stolen items in “The Litany of Larceny”
Fixed issue with followers becoming over-encumbered after being repeatedly rehired
Fixed rare issue with visiting Kynesgrove on horseback not progressing “A Blade in the Dark” properly
Fixed issue with receiving a duplicate radiant quest from a Jarl
Fixed conflict with clearing Driftshade Sanctuary before starting “Trouble in Skyrim”
Fixed issue with using shouts while in jail and having guards unlock the jail cell
Fixed rare issue with quest NPCs not properly moving to quest locations
Fixed issue with NPCs not selling master level spells
Fixed rare issue where player gets control locked outside the Thalmor Embassy at the start of “Diplomatic Immunity”
Fixed rare issue with disappearing containers after upgrades in player owned house
Fixed issue with being erroneously attacked while as a werewolf during “Ill Met By Moonlight”
The Ebony Blade is now only improved by two handed perks
Locked door to Proudspire Manor can now be unlocked by proper key
Fixed issue with merchants not receiving the proper additional gold with the Investor perk
Fixed a rare issue where the player would be unable to learn a word after leaving for several days during “The Way of The Voice”
The Nord Hero Bow can now be improved
The Purity perk no longer requires the Experimenter perk
Fixed rare instance where Lovers Comfort would not be applied properly
If you approach Frostmere Crypt from the north, “The Pale Lady” will start properly
Fixed rare issue where player could be prevented from speaking with Atub to start “The Cursed Tribe”
Fixed rare issue where a dragon could appear in the Mind of a Madman realm and kill the player
Fixed instance where player could get stuck in Japhet’s Folly
Fixed rare instances where Arngeir would not teach Worldwind Sprint
Fixed issue with “Ill Met By Moonlight” if Sinding dies before the quest starts
Gharol can now properly train up to level 75
Fixed conflict with visiting The Karthspire before starting “Alduin’s Wall”
Reduced the instance of random dragon attacks after fast traveling post main quest
Recruited Blades now have appropriate dialogue while at Sky Haven Temple
Fixed rare issue where an incorrect dungeon could appear as a location during “Totems of Hircine”
Fixed rare instance in “Fetch me that Book” where books found before getting the quest would not be properly recognized
Fixed rare issue with traveling to Thalmor Embassy with companions during “Diplomatic Immunity”
Fixed issues with Matching Set perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
Fixed issues with Custom Fit perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
Fixed issue with NPC dying in a bear trap blocking progress in “Time of My Need”
Fixed rare issue with swinging door becoming stuck and blocking an entrance in Volunruud
Imperial Light Armor can now be crafted
Fixed issue with “Vald’s Debt” where Vald was not leveled properly
Fixed issue with Vilkas not giving proper greeting after completing “Battle for Whiterun”
Fixed issue with respawning actors that were raised by using the Ritual Stone power
Fixed issue with the Ancient Knowledge perk not calculating properly
The Palace of Kings now has patrolling guards on upper floors
Reduce percentage chance of getting a werewolf loading screen while player is a werewolf
Pantea’s flute is no longer a quest item after completing “Pantea’s Flute”
Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player’s house no longer allows the book to be reused again
Adjusted dialogue priority to improve chances of hearing more combat dialogue from certain NPC enemies
Fixed issue with falling damage on high difficulty levels
Fixed bad collision on certain clutter objects
Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat

scarey

Hi Orca45,

it means that if you have a skill at 100, you can reset it to 15, and get all the perks in that skill back. The skill will then give you all the bonuses as if it was a 15 skill. Anything you gained getting it to 100 is gone.

The benefit is that it effectively removes the level cap. From comments I've seen around the internet getting the skill back to 100 is worth about 2.4 levels for the first skill.

Clau

The Fateless One
Question, will I be able to reset say... the 100 Sneak as much as I want after it hits 100 at legendary?

That aside, I read from IGN that the patch was submitted to Microsoft and Sony for certification. I can't wait to start a new game at legendary difficulty.

scarey

Yep you can reset a skill as many times as you want. When you reset a skill you get a little Imperial logo with a number on it, which denotes the number of times you have made the skill legendary, but the skill has to be at 100 to be reset.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Why can't Bioware be this good?... Oh ya, EA...
It's good to know I can always count on Bethesda to fix these sort of problems and give players what they want. I'm glad the "Book Glitch" doesn't work anymore... But I still have all those rings that give me infinite health and magicka... so I can get wailed on my giants to increase my armor...
Does anyone know if it patched the Soul Trap on dead bodies or the restoration potion glitches?

Benthos

Proud Mer
I'm glad they fixed the nude courier bug, I've been visited WAAAYYYYY TOO MANY TIMES by these guys showing up only in their hats. They'll be standing out in Whiterun's streets in broad daylight eating some bread in their underwear like it's no big deal.

Here's a trick for those who worry about losing the book exploit since we can apparently renew each maxed tree numerous of times (I expected it to be a one time only):
Speech, Alchemy, and Smithing are probably the easiest and quickest skill to be maxed out instantly through the Fortify Restoration exploit, get your equipment with super enchantments Smithing and Alchemy, next you make a set of maxed out potions of anything (preferably Fortify Enchantment) with the huge boost and Alchemy is maxed out. While wearing the Mega Fortify Smithing, you temper or sharpen a set into unstoppable Legendary equipment, this maxes out the Smithing and you sell a piece of it to any merchant that can buy it and that maxed out Speech instantly to 100 since the value is over 100,000 and you're selling it for only every septim they have which is on average 1000-2000ish if you got the last Speech perk to guarantee every Merchant in Skyrim has at least 1000 gold each day. Then you legendary those trees up and you level up through such skill boosts and do it all over again. This will help with your other skills in getting caught up, sure it's not AS FAST as the book glitch but it gets you places.

Why can't Bioware be this good?... Oh ya, EA...
It's good to know I can always count on Bethesda to fix these sort of problems and give players what they want. I'm glad the "Book Glitch" doesn't work anymore... But I still have all those rings that give me infinite health and magicka... so I can get wailed on my giants to increase my armor...
Does anyone know if it patched the Soul Trap on dead bodies or the restoration potion glitches?
It would've been included in the notable list, especially the Fortify Restoration exploit, I'm glad they finally made it so that Gallus' Journal will be removed finally.

• Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player’s house no longer allows the book to be reused again.
  • The Dragon Infusion perk now works properly when taking Esbern's Potion.
  • Gallus’ Encoded Journal is no longer a quest item after completing the Thieves Guild.
  • In No Stone Unturned, Vex will now accept Unusual Gems if you’ve collected them all before starting the quest.
  • The Ebony Blade is now only improved by two handed perks.
  • Reduced the instance of random dragon attacks after fast traveling post main quest
  • Fixed rare instance in Fetch me that Book where books found before getting the quest would not be properly recognized.
  • Fixed issues with Matching Set and Custom Fit perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor.
  • Fixed issue with the Ancient Knowledge perk not calculating properly.
  • Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat.
  • Fixed issue with merchants not receiving the proper additional gold with the Investor perk

Verac

I'm glad they fixed the nude courier bug, I've been visited WAAAYYYYY TOO MANY TIMES by these guys showing up only in their hats. They'll be standing out in Whiterun's streets in broad daylight eating some bread in their underwear like it's no big deal.

Here's a trick for those who worry about losing the book exploit since we can apparently renew each maxed tree numerous of times (I expected it to be a one time only):
Speech, Alchemy, and Smithing are probably the easiest and quickest skill to be maxed out instantly through the Fortify Restoration exploit, get your equipment with super enchantments Smithing and Alchemy, next you make a set of maxed out potions of anything (preferably Fortify Enchantment) with the huge boost and Alchemy is maxed out. While wearing the Mega Fortify Smithing, you temper or sharpen a set into unstoppable Legendary equipment, this maxes out the Smithing and you sell a piece of it to any merchant that can buy it and that maxed out Speech instantly to 100 since the value is over 100,000 and you're selling it for only every septim they have which is on average 1000-2000ish if you got the last Speech perk to guarantee every Merchant in Skyrim has at least 1000 gold each day. Then you legendary those trees up and you level up through such skill boosts and do it all over again. This will help with your other skills in getting caught up, sure it's not AS FAST as the book glitch but it gets you places.

It would've been included in the notable list, especially the Fortify Restoration exploit, I'm glad they finally made it so that Gallus' Journal will be removed finally.

• Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player’s house no longer allows the book to be reused again.
  • The Dragon Infusion perk now works properly when taking Esbern's Potion.
  • Gallus’ Encoded Journal is no longer a quest item after completing the Thieves Guild.
  • In No Stone Unturned, Vex will now accept Unusual Gems if you’ve collected them all before starting the quest.
  • The Ebony Blade is now only improved by two handed perks.
  • Reduced the instance of random dragon attacks after fast traveling post main quest
  • Fixed rare instance in Fetch me that Book where books found before getting the quest would not be properly recognized.
  • Fixed issues with Matching Set and Custom Fit perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor.
  • Fixed issue with the Ancient Knowledge perk not calculating properly.
  • Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat.
  • Fixed issue with merchants not receiving the proper additional gold with the Investor perk
I Get naked couriers alot to should say "Thats it, gotta go. say....sure is breezy today huh?"

Benthos

Proud Mer
I Get naked couriers alot to should say "Thats it, gotta go. say....sure is breezy today huh?"
Yes, any variation along those lines would be perfect. Hell, give him some Khajiit lines to say "So many refuse to talk to me, they call me pervert and flasher. I am glad to see that you are not such a one."

Cakesmite

TBH, it favours the Xbox360 a lot when it comes to the DLC's.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts