• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
So far I've been avoiding the dragons and quests which would bring me to them. I've heard people rave about them, fighting them, killing them etc. and how easy it is. Bullplops. I hate bosses, and Dragons are probably some of the baddest bosses around. I know I'll face one eventually, but I want to be super leveled up before even attempting to fight one. I know, weird right? I'd much rather just toodle around, killing off easy bad guys and exploring rather than fighting fluffing dragons though. That's just me.

Nameless1

str8 up bro dragons aint plops. I fear many things at low levels, but a dragon aint one. So in this case I disagree they aint bad their mitch bade. but I am doing this also right now so I cant knock yah. Implayin more of a humble type char right now so I dont wanna jump right into beinga a badass dragon soul steal fool quite yet.

modi

Yeah...honestly, I was the same exact way before, and then I ran into my first dragon and I got my plops wrecked 3 times before I just reloaded at an older save point and fast traveled to a hold. I made a new account, and encountered 4 dragons so far, and there was only one time when my health got below 50% and only one time when the fight lasted longer than 10 min. Giants are WAY harder than dragons.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Yeah...honestly, I was the same exact way before, and then I ran into my first dragon and I got my pl*** wrecked 3 times before I just reloaded at an older save point and fast traveled to a hold. I made a new account, and encountered 4 dragons so far, and there was only one time when my health got below 50% and only one time when the fight lasted longer than 10 min. Giants are WAY harder than dragons.
Interesting. Well food for thought.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Ok, so killed my first dragon and honestly it was almost a letdown. Was killed three times, and I hacked away at while it was weakened by others. It almost dies too easily. It may be a different story if it's just me fighting it though.

Cheztah

With magic and some magic resistance you can just sit there and cop the breath in the face while u fire back, and stagger him.

RGKID144

So far I've been avoiding the dragons and quests which would bring me to them. I've heard people rave about them, fighting them, killing them etc. and how easy it is. Bullplops. I hate bosses, and Dragons are probably some of the baddest bosses around. I know I'll face one eventually, but I want to be super leveled up before even attempting to fight one. I know, weird right? I'd much rather just toodle around, killing off easy bad guys and exploring rather than fighting f***ing dragons though. That's just me.
I feel u dude, but the thing is, the game levels up with you, so the dragons are gonna get stronger as u level up. Give dragons a shot, there really not too bad. I find mages much harder to beat. Their magic is quicker and just as powerful as dragon fire. If not thats cool too, but no harm can come from giving it a shot. I dont even have anything to fight them in the air. I just avoid until they come down, and then hack with my two handed axe, and roll with some shouts.

zane2453

The Bill Gates of Skyrim
dragons are easy. honestly, im a level 45 and killed around 40.. there not that hard. actually i get bored of them :p

Garrison

Yeah, dragons would be much harder if they showed some intelligence, played to their strengths and stayed airborne. Dragon Priests, on the other hand... :)

Panthera

Don Gato
Skeevers are pain in the a... when they start jumping on you they start be realy anoying, even if they are one shot kill, I prefer dragons.

modi

Conchvegas, the first dragon fight by Whiterun isnt plops. Also, it is easy as cake if a Dragon attacks a city (I have been attacked in Riften, Rorikstead, Whiterun, and Riverwood) because the guards do most of the work. However, you are completely right, it is much harder when you have nobody to help. That is exactly why I ALWAYS keep a follower with me. If nothing else, they occupy the Dragon's attention temporarily which gives you time to heal, shoot a couple more arrows, etc.

Arato

Hunting Mage
I find city guards, sabre tooths, cave/snow bears and high-ranking bandits more difficult than any dragon.

Garrison

On a related note, does a city eventually run out of guards? I took out one who followed me into my home... and after dispatching the next one who appeared every 30 seconds or so, for several minutes, I decided that's not really how I wanted my storyline to develop and simply reloaded. I presume many of you tried; it is possible to kill all of the guards, or do they simply respawn?

Arato

Hunting Mage
Yep, you can kill all patrolling guards in a city. However, they respawn when you enter/exit a building. The only problem is that other NPCs will attack you and they will not die.

Nameless1

I killed all tha gurads in falkreath. after about 10-15 minutes they stopped comin. maybe cuz I killed them all silently with no witnesses. perhapps if you do so when they are watching you it causes tha game to respawn more since you are still "being pursued by guards" ??

Garrison

I've seen the "no more witnesses" message, but I wonder if it applies to guards. The guy I killed was in my house, so witnesses shouldn't have been possible. I considered that Lydia was somehow a witness, but that didn't make sense as she joined in on the fun! Any idea if they'll respawn for you eventually... ie, a week or month later?

David Tyrer

So far I've been avoiding the dragons and quests which would bring me to them. I've heard people rave about them, fighting them, killing them etc. and how easy it is. Bullplops. I hate bosses, and Dragons are probably some of the baddest bosses around. I know I'll face one eventually, but I want to be super leveled up before even attempting to fight one. I know, weird right? I'd much rather just toodle around, killing off easy bad guys and exploring rather than fighting f***ing dragons though. That's just me.

I think you're really going to end up limiting your enjoyment of the game by doing this mate, as you're missing out on a lot of low-level dragons by doing that, and they're they whole point of the game. I'm currently at level 41 and I've just encountered my first Elder Dragon. Before that point I'd fought Dragons, Fire Dragons, Frost Dragons, Blood Dragons and they get gradually tougher and bigger as you go on, so you'll miss out on that too.

Then you're missing out on the dragon shouts, which come in very handy and are incredibly cool. Plus, without killing any dragons from the start, you're going to have no dragon souls to power your shouts once you've finally come to the main quest.

I'm not saying you should go through it all at once or anything but you are certainly missing out by not at least activating the main story in Whiterun dude.

murdaface

the elder dragons are annoying. you have to get their health pretty low before they ever land, meanwhile flying / hovering and blasting you to pieces. and since im a dual wielder, magic and archery arent even thinkable for my build. try fighting an elder dragon at night with no means of getting him to melee range. its no walk in the park

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
I think you're really going to end up limiting your enjoyment of the game by doing this mate, as you're missing out on a lot of low-level dragons by doing that, and they're they whole point of the game. I'm currently at level 41 and I've just encountered my first Elder Dragon. Before that point I'd fought Dragons, Fire Dragons, Frost Dragons, Blood Dragons and they get gradually tougher and bigger as you go on, so you'll miss out on that too.

Then you're missing out on the dragon shouts, which come in very handy and are incredibly cool. Plus, without killing any dragons from the start, you're going to have no dragon souls to power your shouts once you've finally come to the main quest.

I'm not saying you should go through it all at once or anything but you are certainly missing out by not at least activating the main story in Whiterun dude.
I have activated the main quest and killed my first dragon on the advice given. You are right.