• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LucasNL

well,i needed some armour and thought dwarven looked better than steel.might search for a pic of orcish armour to see what it looks like.

Here you go:
OrchishArmor_Skyrim.jpg

After this I go to ebony armor and stop there, don't really care about the deadric/dragon armors.

Papzt

I don't have a favorite one but some i really like. For crafteble light armor it's just the leather one until now. And heavy is Steel amd ebony armor. Also i like the Dawnguard heavy and light set very much. It looks great. The nightingale armor looks also good but too much super hero ubersoldier like. Nothing for a rp in my opinion. I've to admit that i only like the sets that look kinda real to me

Sent from my GT-I9300

MrDSL

The nightengale is my fav right now..It really annoys me that I cant get a unenchanted version of it so I use the multiple armor glitch so i can have the look..

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
The Vampire Armor in Dawnguard. The set looks really good on a Mage. Especially the gloves with the finger points in metal/steel. They look rather imposing. Like you could use just the gloves to punch through someones chest. Others have said the Nightengale Armor. I don't care for the stock version in the game, but I love the modded set you can get on Nexus. It's re-done in HD with some red added to it. Makes it look very imposing and more suited to an Assassin. Also, Boethia's Ebony armor ranks as my favorite in the heavy category.

Reaper0021

The nightengale is my fav right now..It really annoys me that I cant get a unenchanted version of it so I use the multiple armor glitch so i can have the look..
I don't know what version of Skyrim you play, but there is a mod that allows you to craft Nightengale that's just plain without any enchants on it. So, you can customize it how you see fit. I used the mod to make a set suitable for a mage.

MrDSL

The Vampire Armor in Dawnguard. The set looks really good on a Mage. Especially the gloves with the finger points in metal/steel. They look rather imposing. Like you could use just the gloves to punch through someones chest. Others have said the Nightengale Armor. I don't care for the stock version in the game, but I love the modded set you can get on Nexus. It's re-done in HD with some red added to it. Makes it look very imposing and more suited to an Assassin. Also, Boethia's Ebony armor ranks as my favorite in the heavy category.

You talking about the armor that turns you black when you crouch? I really like that one also but when im in sneak mode and using a bow the smoke usually messes up my view.

Reaper0021

You talking about the armor that turns you black when you crouch? I really like that one also but when im in sneak mode and using a bow the smoke usually messes up my view.
Agreed it looks great but yeah, using a bow or crossbow while in sneak mode can obscure your view badly. So, I use the armor on my Necromancer.

MrDSL

I don't know what version of Skyrim you play, but there is a mod that allows you to craft Nightengale that's just plain without any enchants on it. So, you can customize it how you see fit. I used the mod to make a set suitable for a mage.

Unfortunatly im on the xbox but I plan on getting a new pc and skyrim for it..The mods look pretty awesome.

MrDSL

Agreed it looks great but yeah, using a bow or crossbow while in sneak mode can obscure your view badly. So, I use the armor on my Necromancer.

I also like that its pretty much like a enemy detector cause it turns black when any enemy gets in range.

Pandini

It's magic, baby.
I'm on modless PS3, so no creating panda armor.

I like orcish, but only when playing as an Orc, And then those guards spout that line.

Useless City Guard said:
Orcish armor, hmm? Had me a set of that once. Ugly and strong, like those that forged it.

And I'm like, "Did you really just say that?" Then all of Markarth is dead and I'm hightailing it to the nearest Orc stronghold.

LittleWolf14-10

Meridia's Champion
Ebony all the way, it's just gorgeous!

Orcish and Dwarven (without the helmet) are pretty awesome too. I think Daedric armour has to be on a character that suits it. Imagine a charitable devotee of Mara wearing it... Mind you, that does make for a hilarious contrast.

Ritterkreuz

Daedric for now, but that opinion may change once I finally get the DLC's.

OckhamsFolly

I pick armor on aesthetics, not quality, so Cronach, my orc warrior, is a level 29 running around in Banded Iron armor. It just looks so... adventurous. He wears an Orcish helm (because they're badass, and he needs some Orc gear), and I prefer the nord steel gloves and boots.

For less combat oriented types, I like the nightingale armor (Cape. Aww yeah), ad the black/dark gray vampire armor. I play on Xbox, so it was nice to finally find a piece that looked right for an assassin and I could enchant.

Also...

Do you have the shadow warrior perk? That sounds more like the effect from that than the armor. At least, I haven't noticed that with vampire armor.

Reaper0021

I pick armor on aesthetics, not quality, so Cronach, my orc warrior, is a level 29 running around in Banded Iron armor. It just looks so... adventurous. He wears an Orcish helm (because they're badass, and he needs some Orc gear), and I prefer the nord steel gloves and boots.

For less combat oriented types, I like the nightingale armor (Cape. Aww yeah), ad the black/dark gray vampire armor. I play on Xbox, so it was nice to finally find a piece that looked right for an assassin and I could enchant.

Also...

Do you have the shadow warrior perk? That sounds more like the effect from that than the armor. At least, I haven't noticed that with vampire armor.
No. It isn't the "Shadow Warrior" perk. It's called "Boethia's Ebony Mail" and it's picked-up from a quest you get around level 20-26 called "Boethia's Calling". The armor is heavy ebony and it has a poison cloak that surrounds it poisoning anyone foolish enough to get close. Also, the armor is muffled so whenever you crouch a black, evil smoke screen comes up obscuring others view of you. The issue is that the smoke graphic that lazily surrounds you can, in 1st person view, make it nigh on impossible for you to shoot a bow, crossbow, etc. as it obscures your view.

MrDSL

No its a special ebony armor that you get when finishing the Boethia's quest..You can see it on youtube

Its pretty sweet looking...especially when you cast invisible on yourself then it looks like a black mist.

^^ The main problem I had with it is you can't have it equipped during brawls or the poison will count as assault and everyone will attack you and in big group fights (the end of the markarth prison quest, for instance), the poison will hurt any allies you're close to and everyone wants to kill you....haha I found those out the hard way and unless you're a serial saver, it can be a big pain in the butt. Decided it wasn't even worth keeping equipped.

LucasNL

Ah, my mistake, I thought you were talking about the vampire armor.

I've never done Boethiah's quest because it was ridiculously evil to even just start it, and I've never had a character who would do it.

Same here, planning on starting a deadra worshiping character though, probably a dunmer.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Ancient Falmer Armor. The Stalhrim Light Armor is lovely, as well and the new "Carved Nordic" heavy armor. It's very HBO-Game-Of-Thrones. I can picture Sean Bean wearing it.