• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Roxiraav

Hey everyone. I'm new here and I just wanted to join in the discussion really lol.

So who's your favorite follower(s)? Who do you find to be the strongest? The weakest? Or are you a lone wolf lol?

As for myself, I'd have to say the Dark Elf Erandur. I'll be honest, the first couple times I played Waking Nightmare I brutally murdered him and took the Skull of Corruption. However after beating the quest one hundred billion times due to the stupid freezing glitch, I decided to just let him do his thang on the skull and use him as a follower. Good decision, he go hard for a Dunmer lol. His build more or less matches that of my character (also a Dunmer) and I like how he seems to know a little something about everywhere you go.

I'm sure there are stronger allies you can have with you but so far I seem to be liking Erandur the best. I was using Onmund for the college quests until I accidently tethered him to the pillar of sacrifice :| I didn't want to kill him (yet) so I just left him there. Eventually he popped back up in the college, but now he does this awkward walking thing and moves backwards/slides across the floor from time to time. I've just come to terms with the fact he's now one of the college's "special needs" students.

Volanere

Grand Magister
I like followers i can summon. I like to stick to my dremora lords or atronaches i think there the most powerful becuase there always there when you need them and they kick ass. Oh welcome to the forums.

Roxiraav

I like followers i can summon. I like to stick to my dremora lords or atronaches i think there the most powerful becuase there always there when you need them and they kick ass. Oh welcome to the forums.
Thanks man. I'm not so good at conjuration spells but I have been known to conjure a Flame/Frost Atronach every now and then, if I see the battle isn't going my way.

Volanere

Grand Magister
Thanks man. I'm not so good at conjuration spells but I have been known to conjure a Flame/Frost Atronach every now and then, if I see the battle isn't going my way.
Its the best that way cause they arent annoying and they dont talk to you. Plus if they get in your way you can kill them without any consequences.

Wildroses

Interestingly, Erandur has been one of my favourite followers as well. I let him live the first time because I thought obeying creepy voices in your head only you can hear telling you to murder people is never a good idea. I love how chatty he is. He has special dialogue for all sorts of different places, and I like his backstory of a tortured past he's trying to atone for. I always have a soft spot for NPCs who do faith and belief sincerely and well without turning into sanctimonious gits. I was genuinely disappointed Erandur wasn't marriageable.

I do quite like Serana purely because she'll scream at me in fights: "Stay back!" I've never known any other follower to be so overtly protective.

Also my first character's husband Vorstag is awesome. Handsome, a good fighter, and brilliant salesman. How he keeps up his shop on the road baffles me, but he does. A couple of long dungeons he must have been selling stuff to Falmer and Draugr before killing them. That's how talented he is.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Lucien Lachance the Spectral Assassin is my favourite some of the stuff he comes out with makes I laugh.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Summoned tralls are my all time favorite, but I also like Derkeethus... Mainly because he is unkillable and not too bad with a bow... Though I wish he would stop using his pick-axe to kill things and actually use the sword I gave him.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Ritual stone + Aetherial Crown = Army of Undead followers. Just take it off and out it back on when the stone power runs out to reuse

My favorite follower would have to be Jenassa.

sticky runes

Yeah, Erandur's an interesting chap to hang out with.

Marcurio is not a bad choice, because he rarely gets in my way and tends to use magic attacks from a safe distance, but he's not very friendly when you ask him to trade items!

Cosnach likes to f#ck things up with two handed weapons, and the things he says in battle makes me feel like we're getting into a drunken brawl every 5 minutes!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Derkeethus is my favorite person in Skyrim. He's humble. He's polite. He's a red hot shot with his bow. He can sword and board in tight quarters. He's proficient with light armor. He's not too chatty, but he always has a nice line to say when the moment is right.

And he never gets a big head. Yes, he helped save Skyrim from Alduin. Yes, Harkon and Miraak too. But when I give him time off after an adventure, you know what he does? He sets aside his legendary, double enchanted dragon scale armor and puts down his legendary dragon bone bow.. He pulls on his soot stained miners clothing and he goes right back to Darkwater Crossing.To mine.

That's where I'll find him when I need him again. When Skyrim needs him again. Hunched over an iron deposit, trusty pick axe in hand. I'll say "Derk. It's time." And he'll look up from the ore, wipe some dirt off his cheek and say "To oblivion and back, as they say" with a grin.

I am a conjurer. I can and do summon daedra, atronachs, the undead, the ashspawn and even the clattering horrors of The Soul Cairn. But none of them can replace Derkeethus. My trusty sidekick. Also, none of them can carry my stuff or serve as a blood meal...What? He's cool with it, I swear!

Adam Belmont

With my mage I use summons, two dremora lords, but the warrior and the archer are lone wolfs. I think Mjoll the Lioness is a decent follower since she can't die, but there's the problem of her level (stuck when you hire her). I've heard the only followers that level up with your character are the Assassin from Dark Brotherhood and J'zargo.

Jenassa, Eola, and Uthgerd/Mjoll. For the latter, Mjoll is far superior, but a whole lot of trouble to unlock, equip, and get rid of her Ducky. Uthgerd is in the first city, pays you 100 coin, has a house in the Cloud District, and comes well equipped. (I usually strip her body to dress up Mjoll.) For a starter, she's just awesome.

Despite her location, Jenassa is a late game follower. Early on, she will rob you of XP killing for you, then she'll lag behind in the mid game when you level past her. (Follower's levels are fixed when you meet them) Eola if I'm playing Evil, or a Necromancer, the Ring is nice for everyone, but with Twin Souls, Vampire Thralls, and her, all three will raise dead in combat, so you can have a small force. She also summons a Flame Atronach, uses Staffs/scrolls extremely effectively along with Weapons, and Armor. (Spellsword, most people class her Nightblade, but she lacks any Stealth, and doesn't use Illusion.)

Out of all of those, I like Jenassa beyond in game advantage, because she generally fun to be around. Says interesting things, is cultured, and you rarely, if ever have to come to her rescue, level dependent, and properly equipped. (With Windshear, she can Solo anything.) Mjoll is chatty, but I don't like all the things she says, and it gets annoying eventually. Jenassa quips, drops one-liners, sarcasm and actually interesting information about places you're going. I actually unmarried her (Reverted to a pre-wedding save) because it changed her dialogue.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Jenassa in Whiterun, especially after level 30.

Roxiraav

A lot of interesting responses. Who's this Derkeethus duder I keep hearing of lol. How do I 'get him'?

Also some sad news, I had to part ways with Erandur this morning for the Dark Brotherhood quests. Can't really have him running around while I'm assassinating peeps. I'll just conjure up some fools if I need, not that I will cause I'm ~the master assassin~

agfazzone

Professional Sweetroll Taster
Go to Darkwater Crossing (Eastmarch) and talk to random people til you get info on an argonian (Derkeethus) who is missing after going to Darkwater Pass. Go rescue Derkeethus and after that he can be a follower!

My favorite follower so far is Marcurio who my Breton mage has married. I like that he is magic based and owns enemies from a distance. He doesn't get in the way much at all. You just have to ignore him when he complains about carrying stuff, lol. My Khajiit currently has Serana as a follower and she is pretty good too. I kept her as a vampire so she can keep all her spells etc. I had had Kharjo following my Khajiit for the longest time until he died =\ He was decent if I have him good armor/weapons to use..

KattSand

Premium Member
If I can only choose from the vanilla followers I'll have to go with Marcurio, that guy has been with every one of my characters since the dawn of time :D If I can cheat and use a little modding, I'd say Sam Guevenne, simply because, it's kinda awesome to have someone of his....status to follow you (trying to avoid spoilers just in case someone doesn't know who he is) and he likes to summon his pet dremora. I currently have both Marcurio and Sam as followers and they make a great team :p

I usually marry Eola after I unlock her, because she can be tough to hunt down after her,.. quest. That way, I can swap her out for others as the quest dictates, but when I return home, there she is with some septims, and a hot meal for me. This is a good idea with several followers who disappear, or are hard to get to when they're off. Ahtar is often behind a locked door, where you can't give him the "Follow Me" command because you're Tresspassing (He's also Lawful.) Illia drops off the map, but there's many a time where I just didn't want her tagging along, yet I still want her available later.

You can aso Recruit them into the Blades, but I only suggest it if they're Heavy Armor, because their default set changes, and it can be difficult to get them to wear anything else. Not so much of an issue with Weapons/Spells, because they just use whatever they're used to. So, you can go to Sky Haven Temple, and have a choice of 3 for a given mission, not to mention a nice party to go kill Dragons with. (May have to do one in particular without them to retain this ability.) Even if you're no longer getting help from the Faction, you always have this backup, and it's not that out of the way.

I suggest Belrand, Goldir, and Uthgerd/Mjoll for a good mix of weapons/tactics. None of the Companions, because you can just swing by Jorvaskr to pick them up, nor the Housecarls, because they're always home when they're not with you. Plus a wife, that's a bunch of Followers nailed down, in several locations all over Skyrim, so you can always go, and pick one up.

Incidentally, if you're in the habit of collecting, or mining for Crafting supplies, you can load any of them up, and send them home with a stack. Even overloaded, just fill up a chest (Make sure it's in a dungeon, so it doesn't get marked Stolen.) Then, you can go to a nearby Follower spot, and grab another. Your stuff will be there when you come back.

Roxiraav

You should have been able to have more than one follower. Like, I know you can for certain missions but I'm talking about ALL THE TIME. I want to always have a band of like 3 or 4 people with me. Idk it's just something they should have incorporated.