What is your 'defining' moment...?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Let's just say i'm good at what I do.

Like 'dis?

Dawnguard-12.png

Haru17

Lost Falmer
No. I'm stuck with Ps3. That hurts man. Have some consideration.

Oh, weeell... DAT SUX! I think Bethesda confirmed Dragonborn and Dawnguard for early 2013, so there's hope.

Hale Loneshadow

Both in game and in RP'ing on this forum, I am a Ranger. I know there's no "legitimate" Ranger faction in Skyrim, but that's another reason why I made him: he's a kinda "hero to all things good" archetype, with no real goal other than to help out wherever he can. Of course, he's been making some friends during his travels on here and in game :D But nah I get what you mean Stigweard, being emotionally invested is a must.

As for his defining moment, I'd say that would be stopping the vampire attacks on towns once and for all...
by putting an arrow through Lord Harkon's heart.

I was a part of the Dawnguard of course, but never donned their armor. I was their friend, but never vied for power as it were. Except for the Companions,
when Kodlak died , and much like another member on this thread, set out for revenge, and was honored when his ghost/the rest of them placed me in the part of Harbinger

You see, I've always been very into Celtic history and roots as well, considering I have some myself that go back to before Augustus' time. That being said, I've also been a kind of guy that loves helping people, even when there's no compensation. If offered, I'll refuse at first but if it pressed, I will accept. But I never outright ask and especially not demand anything!

Of course then, I modeled my character after both of these ideas, so my RP character is very much like me personality-wise. Another reason being, with movies, books, and even music (yes music! listen to Blind Guardian :) ), I am always enamored with the prospect of being a Ranger, it all starting when I read/saw LOTR, and Aragorn was immediately my favorite character. Going further, myself and a few of my friends (and my dad actually!) are huge fans of the Forgotten Realms books, specifically the Drizzt saga.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
Just returning to this thread again now that the dust has hopefully settled...

Still mightily interested in the community and how they 'define' their gaming experience (refer to OP)

Cheers!;)

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Just returning to this thread again now that the dust has hopefully settled...

Still mightily interested in the community and how they 'define' their gaming experience (refer to OP)

Cheers!;)

Sorry for OT, but I'm curious, why the tree of life symbol?

Stigweard Ruadhan

Sorry for OT, but I'm curious, why the tree of life symbol?

I'll not get too far into it, lest I provoke another storm, but my family are Scandinavian and Celtic, so it's an appealing symbol (in terms of aesthetics really) to me and represents a little of what I am about. Again, without getting into too much detail, our family name came from a word meaning "tree" as well, so...

I suppose it also doubles as the Gildergreen in Whiterun where I feel most 'at home' in Skyrim!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I'll not get to far into it, lest I provoke another storm, but my family are Scandinavian and Celtic, so it's an appealing symbol (in terms of aesthetics really) to me and represents a little of what I am about. Again, without getting into too much detail, our family name came from a word meaning "tree" as well, so...

I suppose it also doubles as the Gildergreen in Whiterun where I feel most 'at home' in Skyrim!

Oh, that's very neat! Skyrim fits you well eh? Lots of vikings and other old northern European-type stuff. Betcha still can't pronounce many of the Nordic names. ;)

Haru17

Lost Falmer
'Ulfric' is about as complex as I need to get...haha!

Yeah, I just wing it on phonetics. Ex: Skuldafn = Skull-dolphin. Don't even get me started on dwemer ruins... Mzulf is as far as I get there.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Yeah, I just wing it on phonetics. Ex: Skuldafn = Skull-dolphin. Don't even get me started on dwemer ruins... Mzulf is as far as I get there.

Try Nbthld, Nchylbar, Nchunak and Rkungthunch on for size as regards to Dwemer!

But I digress...;)

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Try Nbthld, Nchylbar, Nchunak and Rkungthunch on for size as regards to Dwemer!

But I digress...;)

Nnn-b, nnn-b-thallld, nnn-bth-aaallll... I give up! Speaking of dwemer ruins they consist of some of the best dungeons in Skyrim. The sightless pit is a very uniquely constructed ruin. Also, obligatory Blackreach plug. Alftand, Mzinchaleft, and Raldbthar are all very large dungeons as well (in a fun way, at least IMO), and the latter has a unique puzzle near the end. Kagrenzel is weird and unique, not to mention super-short. Irkngthand is very interesting at the end, but is locked until a certain point in the thieve's guild... that's all I got...

Stigweard Ruadhan

I've been tempted to create a Dwemer build but don't know enough about them and the lore (as of yet) to feel that I would confidently do it justice...

The only thing that 'puts me off' for want of a better phrase, is that I'd be tempted to make him guttural, abrasive and hulking...like a LotR dwarve rather than a lore-friendly TES dwarve.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I've been tempted to create a Dwemer build but don't know enough about them and the lore (as of yet) to feel that I would confidently do it justice...

The only thing that 'puts me off' for want of a better phrase, is that I'd be tempted to make him guttural, abrasive and hulking...like a LotR dwarve rather than a lore-friendly TES dwarve.

Yeah dwemer are more magical and scholarly than they are tough. This is the feel that I get anyway. They just seem more like this...

dwemer_and_falmer_by_alteya-d4n0l2z.jpg

...than this...

dwarf_by_shonensan.jpg

...so they build these...

DwemerCenturion1.jpg

...like this...

tes__dwemer_centurion_by_coupleofkooks-d4r5ftx.jpg

...to deal with these guys:

122_01313269764.jpg

Skyrim-screenshot-wallpaper-nord-male-warrior.jpg

65b18de7-9991-4898-8c97-13788b389c1b.jpg

...ALL THE GRAPHICS!!!

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
The defining moment for me would have to be the party at the Thalmor Embassy. What I found there is what inspired my hatred of the Dominion, and to some extent, my other decisions in the game.

As for the other crap, I'm Polish by ancenstry, but have a fierce love of Celtic and Norse cultures. In all honesty, the concept of Valhalla appeals to me much more than heaven. I guess that makes me some mindless barbarian, as well. Well, the only thing I have to say to that is "YAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!"

Hale Loneshadow

Yeah dwemer are more magical and scholarly than they are tough. This is the feel that I get anyway. They just seem more like this...

...than this...
...so they build these...
...like this...
...to deal with these guys:
...ALL THE GRAPHICS!!!

haha that was a very entertaining way of telling the story of the Dwemer. A veritable picture book!

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
A guy talks about his bowel movements in the Dark Brotherhood......

feliciano182

The College was meh, same with the Companions.

Oh no you didn't just diss werewolf madness and ghost-cleansing tomb raiding !

The College Of Winterhold's quest was quite mediocre though, dissapointing since it had inmense potential.