Spoiler Future Skyrim DLC: Does it interest you?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What would you mostly want to see in future Skyrim DLC?

• Total voters

Harc

Big Hog
Joining the thalmor, killing the Stormcloaks or ordering the empire to leave, and the thalmor have complete control of skyrim

Sierra_G719

Ranger of Skyrim
I want to take the fight to the Thalmor, attacking them on the road isn't good enough. Oh and the Dwarves DLC would be nice too.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Another thing involving Argonians that has intrigued me is the mentioning of Werecrocodiles, which are apparently the Argonians' version of Lycanthropy. This really has me interested and I hope to see it in the future.

Were did you find this? Where are the sacred texts that describe the "Were-Crocodile" you speak of? That sounds waaaay too awesome for me to not know about it.

Argonians are inexplicably awesome, but I would also love to see what's going on in Elyswer. I remember reading the books in Morrowind that detailed the Khajiit army using huge cats to ride on, like a cat-on-cat cavalry. Some of those books described some really cool ideas, like a war between the Khajiit and the Bosmer that took place entirely in the trees--never once touching the ground. That sounds like an epic DLC premise to me.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Were did you find this? Where are the sacred texts that describe the "Were-Crocodile" you speak of? That sounds waaaay too awesome for me to not know about it..

They definitely exist. I think it's on the UESP page for Lycanthropes, from a book about lycanthropes in-game saying such lycanthropes exist as werebears, werevultures, werelions, werecrocodiles, and I think a few others.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I want were-crocs and Argonian armor!

SuperDoubleSlap

Over 1,200 hours of Skyrim played!
I posted on a thread on the Skyrim reddit about this, and got a pretty good response with my idea:

"Me and my friend were going back and forth on new Skyrim DLC, and we both had a pretty good idea going.

What if you are called upon by the divines that have grown restless against the Thalmor threat (and, depending on who you chose in the Civil War quest line, Talos could be pretty ticked also, or even not be there at all) and they want you to stop it, or at least aid the effort to stopping it. Maybe even get to visit the Summerset Isles and take the fight to the Dominion. I don't know what rewards you might get, but I'm pretty sure this is a endgame type DLC, meaning that you pretty much know of the political situation in Skyrim and Tamriel altogether.

Another one that was discussed a couple months ago on Reddit on a "Rebuilding Helgen DLC", which I thought was pretty cool also. I think it was easily relatable to Assassin's Creed: II where you rebuilt Monteriggioni from the ground up. It described as being to take a few of the world random encounters that you see around Skyrim (such as the revelers) and invite them to join your small keep, ultimately even leading to the formation of the 10th Hold (affectionately called "Dragonhold"). I can easily see some of the things used in Hearthfire being reimplemented into the Helgen DLC.

tl;dr Endgame DLC and maybe Rebuilding Helgen?"

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
I agree with your opinion on Argonians and how they are marginalized in Skyrim. I think Bethesda does this on purpose for a number of reasons:

In my opinion argonians should get a whole new appearance, voice actors and experience. simular to their previous state in Oblivion, Those were the argonians I loved and played.

It saddens me though to think that this will never come to pass. Even a DLC with a content package as big as The Shivering Isles will never incorporate and include character changes and enhancements.

Bethesda does not have the time, money and in my opinion, dedication for a remodelling of a race or even to incorporate an entirely new race into the game such as snow elves in any upcoming or planned DLC.

The bottom line is (as much as it pains me to say it) Bethesda has destroyed my favourite race in Skyrim, The Argonians.
Bethesda realise this Skyrim remodeling is a huge change to the Argonian lore, accent and more importantly appearance. This is the reason why Argonians are isolated in Skyrim vannila and all current DLCs.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Bethesda does not have the time, money and in my opinion, dedication for a remodelling of a race or even to incorporate an entirely new race into the game such as snow elves in any upcoming or planned DLC.

Incorporating entirely new races sounds a little far-fetched, and I personally think it an unneccessary move. Don't we have enough races already? One of my idiot co-workers keeps telling me how cool it would be to play as the Dwemer, and I silently shake my head every time. That would so clearly destroy any remaining mystique or coolness that the Dwemer have.

I've got my fingers crossed for a future Werecrocodile siting, which I think would greatly improve any kind of Argonian experiences in Skyrim.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Incorporating entirely new races sounds a little far-fetched, and I personally think it an unneccessary move. Don't we have enough races already? One of my idiot co-workers keeps telling me how cool it would be to play as the Dwemer, and I silently shake my head every time. That would so clearly destroy any remaining mystique or coolness that the Dwemer have.

I've got my fingers crossed for a future Werecrocodile siting, which I think would greatly improve any kind of Argonian experiences in Skyrim.

What's the point of an unsolvable mystery? It contradict's its very existence. This is why I simply don't understand why so many dislike the idea of learning more about the dwemer. They are one of the most interesting races in TES, and that's without them having any physical presence in any of the games. Furthermore, just because they would return wouldn't force TES into an industrial revolution, they could return in small number and with great opposition from the other races of High Rock, Hammerfell, Skyrim, and Morrowind as well as their old cities being inhabited by crazed falmer who pretty much hate their guts. I think a prospective TES 6 set in Hammerfell and High Rock dealing with an Aldmeri Dominion invasion as well as the return of the Dwemer would have a very interesting story.

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est

I agree with you. But knowing Bethesda they like to go out with a bang when creating final DLCs for games. These DLCs include The Shivering Isles. They could easily incorporate snow elves into the game, perhaps they will become playable after you finish a questline to free a hidden settelment controlled by the Dwemer or something along those lines.

Flapping Zombie

I hate how some of the Conjuration spells only last 60 to 120 seconds, it's stupid. They should have Wrathman, Boneman, and Mistman last until they're defeated.

bullet9625

hello,

when i first played skyrim i found it great, but after i explored more then 3 dwemer ruins i started to think: wy are there only machines in this dungeon. in al great storys there are dwarves so i think they must make the dwarven race whit smithing bonus,defencife bonus, extra dwarven armor wapons and shields. and a big dwarven city under the ground and different dungeons that you must explore for missions. the story should start with a letter taht tells you to come to a sectret cave. when you come to the cave you see three dwarves standing in front of you whit there beautiful amor and then they aks you for help. but its olso becoming time for some awsome new skills which you can learn by some master dwarves. it should olso be great if you could have a reall pet where you can have fun with not such a fake one as you had with the dlc heartfire(like a litle dragon that you need to find in the story line of the dlc).

to go on a bout the dragon it would be his own leveling system and grows if it has leveled like 10 times. when its completly grown you can ride it but not with that stupid system of dragonborn because that really dissapointed me.

htas what i really want that they should make

Hale Loneshadow

I just think that we need the Dwarves! It's high time we had an appearance made by them, mystique be d*****. Like bullet said, all great fantasy games include Dwarves, and I'm sick of these high elves, without dwarves to 'balance them out' as it were.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
What's the point of an unsolvable mystery? It contradict's its very existence. This is why I simply don't understand why so many dislike the idea of learning more about the dwemer. They are one of the most interesting races in TES, and that's without them having any physical presence in any of the games. Furthermore, just because they would return wouldn't force TES into an industrial revolution, they could return in small number and with great opposition from the other races of High Rock, Hammerfell, Skyrim, and Morrowind as well as their old cities being inhabited by crazed falmer who pretty much hate their guts. I think a prospective TES 6 set in Hammerfell and High Rock dealing with an Aldmeri Dominion invasion as well as the return of the Dwemer would have a very interesting story.

Alright, you make some good points there. Bringing the dwarves back (or venturing out to wherever they went) would be a very interesting story-telling tool--if used correctly. I've been exploring their ruins since the Morrowind days, so I strongly feel that a revealing of that magnitude would need some serious drama. I imagine that a bombshell like that would have to wait until Elder Scrolls 6, though--would you really want the dwarves AND the dragons to return in the same game?

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Alright, you make some good points there. Bringing the dwarves back (or venturing out to wherever they went) would be a very interesting story-telling tool--if used correctly. I've been exploring their ruins since the Morrowind days, so I strongly feel that a revealing of that magnitude would need some serious drama. I imagine that a bombshell like that would have to wait until Elder Scrolls 6, though--would you really want the dwarves AND the dragons to return in the same game?

I just want them to return period. I would be happy with getting the snow elves to return (in lore if not playable) in Skyrim DLC.

The dwemer would be better done in TES 6 or 7, set in High Rock / Hammerfell. The dwemer would return in the opening sequence of the game (and be playable) as some kind of punishment by the Divines. Some of the game would consist of reclaiming old dwemer cities for their race to inhabit once again. The antagonist could be a vengeful dwemer who took over the Adamantium / Direnni tower in some plot to hurt the Divines or their followers.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Give me a huge battle, not a battle against 5 people who constantly respawn until the fort is taken. I want a good battle, one that afterwards you look around at all the dead and can go "plops I killed the wrong side"

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
If they do the Thalmor thing, I want a really big battle against (with depending if they let you pick a side) the Thalmor where it's not the same as the fort, like Drunken Mage said. Just two armies fighting and there be a bunch of bodies that make it look like an actual battle.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Choices in previous quests, seemingly irrelevant ones as well, to have a greater impact on this DLC, previous DlC's included. So if the above major battles against the Thalmor were added, you may gain support or face opposition from NPC's you met in the past. So your actions in 'Dragonborn' may gain the support of House Redoran/Telvanni forces in the battle. If you sided with the Volkihar you may have a Vampire Lord helping in the battle, if you spared Sinding you may him fight in beast form. It'd add greater depth to the actions of the Dragonborn, making you feel more involved. Oh and more Argonian NPC's