Why are the majority of the people here trolls?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

AS88

Staff member
Thought you guys might like to know, I've spotted someone suspiciously similar to nordicvampirelord going by the name of Nordbladewarrior88. So much for hating the forum and everyone here, eh?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
AS88 hmmm. If Rayven finds out about him creating another account something bad is gonna happen to him. I don't even want to be here when she shines her ban hammer.

I appreciate the heads up. However, the basic act of having multiple accounts isn't a bannable offense. If the account does something bannable, like break the terms, then it's banned.

I certainly do prefer people maintain a single account simply for the sake of book keeping and efficient use of server space. But in the end, I have to judge every member account as separately as possible.

ShangTsung

AS88 hmmm. If Rayven finds out about him creating another account something bad is gonna happen to him. I don't even want to be here when she shines her ban hammer.
dude no offense but lighten up.. "something bad is going to happen to him" ??? umm... this is a "WEBSITE" homie, you make it sound like the poor bastards gonna get assasinated or something. o_O
just sayin..

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I appreciate the heads up. However, the basic act of having multiple accounts isn't a bannable offense. If the account does something bannable, like break the terms, then it's banned.

I certainly do prefer people maintain a single account simply for the sake of book keeping and efficient use of server space. But in the end, I have to judge every member account as separately as possible.

I thought it was a bannable offense. many forums I go to has strict rules about creating a second account without permission of a mod/admin. The rules here are not as strict as I thought it was.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I thought it was a bannable offense. many forums I go to has strict rules about creating a second account without permission of a mod/admin. The rules here are not as strict as I thought it was.

The rules here aren't strict at all. We rely heavily on the members to make this place a forum people actually want to visit. Besides, there's never a good way to truly prove people have multiple accounts. I've run an online game for years where the old admins used to try and track that stuff down like bloodhounds. In the end, you end up becoming paranoid, accusing people who are innocent and nothing actually gets better.

I ban without question for spam.

I ban on the first offense after investigation for harassment.

Everything else, I take it one report/incident at a time and usually solve matters via a conversation.

AS88

Staff member
Yeah, I'm not really saying "LOOK GUYS GET HIM" it's a more a "heh, look who's back" kind of thing. I'm not even certain it is him, but he writes exactly the same way, creating a similar thread, the name is similar, and he's listed his age as 24, which he did before. I totally agree with you, Rayven. Maybe he's even trying to make a fresh start, who knows.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Yeah, I'm not really saying "LOOK GUYS GET HIM" it's a more a "heh, look who's back" kind of thing. I'm not even certain it is him, but he writes exactly the same way, creating a similar thread, the name is similar, and he's listed his age as 24, which he did before. I totally agree with you, Rayven. Maybe he's even trying to make a fresh start, who knows.

I say we wait and see if something like this happens again before we jump him.

Adam Warlock

yes , a bit of merciful forebearance would be best imho

i`ve made a response in that thread against the position he takes.
we`ll see how he reacts to it

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
He's pretty much repeating his mistakes. Same kind of thread that caused his "tantrum" in the first place.

I already addressed I'm not Nord Vampire Lord in another post I'm not going to repeat myself I'm not going to feed to their immaturity matter fact I'm starting to see why this vampire lord guy got upset and never came back

Adam Warlock

Adam what you're doing is the definition of trolling sorry to tell you lol
how so ?

the poster asked why i wouldn`t kill paarthurnax and i responded with precisely the reason i didn`t do that on this play through
i didn`t call anyone names or otherwise act impolitely

merely disagreeing with someone isn`t trolling

please refer to Dagmar`s excellent summary on trolling posted earlier here

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
He is clearly the same person. His kind of dialect is the exact same as Nordic Vampire Lord.