where will the 3rd dlc take place, and what content will be there??

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sean

lost somewhere
I think the 3rd DLC will be a continuation to the campaign. Typically Bethesda has finished off one idea before moving onto another game, so it would make sense for them to finish off Skyrim's Thalmor plotline.

Then with Bethesda releasing a medium DLC first, then a small DLC, they could throw a large DLC after; maybe it the DLC will be on par with Shivering Isles. Then with it being the 3rd DLC, Bethesda released the 3rd DLC for Fallout 3 as an expansion.

Maybe the DLC could be removing the Thalmor as a true threat to either Ulfric or the Empire (depending on your civil war choice), and make them recede to their other provinces. Then Talos becomes allowed, and the next game will fit with anyone's choice because the expansion will lead Skyrim's plot to a similar area.

Are we certain there will be a 3rd? i dont know how Bethesda works so im asking...
Anyway its like that guy before said, unfortunately DLC's usually don't have anything to do with the main storyline, its usually something you go out there and do it, even if they wanted to make DLC attached to skyrim storyline, the thalmor are more of a bigger faction for it, they'll probably save that for the upcoming elder scroll..
What i really like to see is some changes in the world... like the jarls declaring a moot to elect a new high king, depending on your progress in the game, some new side quests for some of the factions, maybe more people coming to the big cities and living there, to make up for the NPC's that died by dragons or other circumstances, more interactions with some of the already existing NPC's...
Although this is probably not gonna happen, but these are good small stuff to add to the DLC along with the main quests the DLC will have.
That sounds more like patches, not DLC`s

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
i just wish ps3 could get the first two already, oh well i guess bethesda is trying at least

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
not necessarily, broken steel from fallout 3 was an expansion of part of the main story of the original story, so it could well be a thalmor expansion! although in broken steel there wasnt much in the way of new land in the dlc so i hope whatever comes next is more along the lines of say shivering isles and point lookout with an added landmass!
The Broken Steel DLC was an exception because the ending of Fallout 3 sucked ass. Bethesda even said so themself after getting all the response back from the consumers.
It is of course possible for some sort of Thalmor DLC becuase of the fact that Todd said that they where going to focus more on BIG DLC's (Bigger than Fallout New Vegas he said) so it is fully possible that something will come out that has with the Thalmor to do. But I still doubt it as of how they will make it.
To make a good Thalmor DLC I think they almost need to make a whole new game for it as for it is such a gigantic event. To just "kill off" the Thalmor after years of war and destroying the Empire seems rather vague for just one DLC.
But If they can do it right. It could be really freaking epic :D

Dylen

i would really like to see an orc related DLC they really are a mystery race and there is no images of there home city orsinium i think it would be really interesting to see/visit there

Hale Loneshadow

I LOVE all these ideas! Especially the ones regarding dealing with the Thalmor, or the Moot to elect a new High King. But, are we all forgetting about the mystery of the Dwemer?? Maybe it could have something to do with them, such as finding out what happened to them, where they went, new race to play as them, finding them, etc.

xFrostey

I hope bethesda adds in more stealthbased unique weapons, espicially a shortsword with the characteristics of a dagger. there just seems to be not a whole lot of unique weapons. This would obviously be included in the 3rd dlc. Also we need some type of classic ranger armor.

Hale Loneshadow

I hope bethesda adds in more stealthbased unique weapons, espicially a shortsword with the characteristics of a dagger. there just seems to be not a whole lot of unique weapons. This would obviously be included in the 3rd dlc. Also we need some type of classic ranger armor.

Uhhh Ranger armor is an absolute MUST. Also, I'd just like a patch asap that fixes the damn glitches in Hearthfire. My damn rooms in my damn house that I spent so much damn time on making awesome don't have ANY FURNISHINGS. WTF.

And yes, I went through the correct process to furnish my house via my stewards....gonna fire his ass.

xFrostey

Uhhh Ranger armor is an absolute MUST. Also, I'd just like a patch asap that fixes the damn glitches in Hearthfire. My damn rooms in my damn house that I spent so much damn time on making awesome don't have ANY FURNISHINGS. WTF.

And yes, I went through the correct process to furnish my house via my stewards....gonna fire his ass.

I also have the steward problem I think it takes them days to finally furnish everything, but they do need to have more iron veins near the house or have them regenerate.

The idea with the dwemer is actually a spectacular thought because the only time you see something resembling the dwemer is when your trying to get the wabba jak or what ever

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
A Dwemer DLC would work rather well as of the fact it will be a gigantic DLC just what Bethesda said they would do and that the Dwemer does not have a lot of quests in the main game, exactly like the Vampires had in Dawnguard. There was not many vampire related quests in the game before the DLC.

Rizo67

(>")> | <("<)
I think the dwemer dlc idea is a good one, better than the thalmor dlc idea (since, like discussed, its way to wound up with the storyline.) We could actually get a glimpse of a dwemer or since the
Code:
spoiler
snow elves are still around(idk if the spoiler tab worked???? im new here.) then dwemer can be too. My idea of the story, they are trapped or left to another region because the falmer have kicked them out and the dragonborn will have an option either to help falmer or dwemer in a new underground civil war. If you finish the dwemer side then all of blackreach would be inhabited by dwemer instead of falmers and chaurus.

On a side note: I remember I think at markarth you go inside a dwemer cave filled with falmer and at one point you release a ton of dwemer robots that retaliate and attack the falmer. Could be a good place where they can make the new dlc start.

xFrostey

I really do like the idea of falmer and dwemer. I do believe in Morrowind (never played it just going off the wiki) there's a quest where you get to see dwemer and interact with them but Morrowind is eighty years after the first era and akyrim is in the 4th era. So that's a pretty long time and thats why goblins arnt in skyrim due to their extinction. then again everyone thought snow elves were extinct as well. Maybe they'll add in a quest about the dwemer like in Danwguard with the forge (forgot the name as well) that you can only make one item out of.

Rizo67

(>")> | <("<)
I really do like the idea of falmer and dwemer. I do believe in Morrowind (never played it just going off the wiki) there's a quest where you get to see dwemer and interact with them but Morrowind is eighty years after the first era and akyrim is in the 4th era. So that's a pretty long time and thats why goblins arnt in skyrim due to their extinction. then again everyone thought snow elves were extinct as well. Maybe they'll add in a quest about the dwemer like in Danwguard with the forge (forgot the name as well) that you can only make one item out of.

Yea i think thats the only time you actually see a dwemer. snow elves were just transformed into falmer through dwemers force feeding them poisonous mushrooms i think. thats a good enough reason to retaliate and try to destroy the dwemers. The dwemer, according to the wiki, just suddenly vanished bbecause of an ancient artifact they tried messing with backfired on them. I would like to believe they are still around and should make an appearance in skyrim. But who knows they might never come back

Rizo67

(>")> | <("<)
still want an orc dlc they never do anything with them and thats my fav race

yea a questline with orcs would be something interesting. The only quest ive seen about the orcs was the voldendrung(sorry dont know the spelling of it) quest with malacath but thats it. I dont know much about there past but that just gives bethesda alot of room for creating stories for them.

rittz

I think that a DLC regarding either the Thalmor, Falmer, or Dwemer would be the most likely. A war with the Thalmor ties in with the main story, which I feel makes it the most likely candidate for an in-the-near-future DLC. Alternatively, there are books scattered everywhere regarding the Falmer and Dwemer, and tons of hints that the Falmer might rise up, and the Dwemer might return. This, in my eyes, makes it another incredibly likely option for a DLC (and my favorite), perhaps each one happening in two separate DLCs, or in one big one. Maybe the Dwemer come back, but have been altered somehow?

I'd also like to point out (and this is a major, major spoiler) that in the Dawnguard DLC, we find the Unknown Books that are written by ancient Snow Elves and must be translated. In one of those books, there's a suggestion that the Snow Elves may have chosen to become something else - to change, in order to survive. Perhaps they didn't realize what, exactly, they would become (the Falmer, blind and hateful), but in their desperation, made a decision that created their future. And maybe, it didn't involve being force-fed toxic fungi, like everyone believes? I definitely recommend having those books translated and reading them yourself, or looking them up online if you're lazy. hehe The information they contain is definitely open to interpretation, and I could be wrong, but I really hope that the next DLC offers some definitive answers regarding what happened to the Dwemer and the Falmer, and what their future entails.

xFrostey

Alright Bethesda your turn.
Will it be falmer, dwemer, or thalmor?
They all seem to be the most popular.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts