How do you adopt from Honorhall Orphanage?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I just started a new character, I'm just getting to the point where my house is big enough to adopt kids...I really wanted to adopt Samuel from Honorhall, but every time I go there to talk to Grelod or Constance Michael, they say that none of the kids are up for adoption. Help please! Do I need to kill Grelod for the DB quest? Or become Thane of Riften?

J

Jeremius

I think you need your own house, but not sure as I play on PC.

Adam Warlock

Yeah, to Ysolda, from Whiterun. If that makes any different at all...
Ysolda`s my wife as well.
When I converted my Breezehome Alchemy Lab to a children`s bedroom(see the Steward at Dragonreach) , I got a letter from the orphanage after that.

Okay, thank you! I like Samuel more than the other kids, and little Sofia I believe her name is. I feel terrible for that girl, selling flowers to stay alive in that miserable frozen town Windhelm...

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
If the letter doesn't come, try going ahead with the DB quest to kill Grelod.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I was trying to be a "good" character and not commit murder to innocent people, but I can make an exception for that old hag lol

Atta boy! That's the spirit! :)

mamali

funny , Ysolda is my wife too !!!!:)

Adam Warlock

If it helps , Grelod has long been dead in my game.
Given her attitude , it would not surprise me that orphanage adoptions are blocked while she`s around.
But like Sofia , there are other needy kids out there .

I met my son Aleson where he had been abandoned in frigid Dawnstar after his real father died.
He was running errands for the mines there and delivering lunches through the snow to survive.
Reminded me so much of myself that I had to offer him a home.

A fine lad and quite able with a wooden sword for his age.
He`ll make a great warrior if that`s his desire but I also hired a bard to help remind him that there`s more to life than just fighting

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
There's
She's pretty mean...I feel like she's old enough to have made plenty of enemies over the years. Plus, who would miss her anyways? Constance Michael (her assistant) says her very existence is a "running joke" ;)

There's a reason she looks like a hagraven...

If it helps , Grelod has long been dead in my game.
Given her attitude , it would not surprise me that orphanage adoptions are blocked while she`s around.
But like Sofia , there are other needy kids out there .

I met my son Aleson where he had been abandoned in frigid Dawnstar after his real father died.
He was running errands for the mines there and delivering lunches through the snow to survive.
Reminded me so much of myself that I had to offer him a home.

A fine lad and quite able with a wooden sword for his age.
He`ll make a great warrior if that`s his desire but I also hired a bard to help remind him that there`s more to life than just fighting

I like Aleson as well, but he remembers his dad well. I don't want to have to be the one to replace his dad, because...I don't know, it just doesn't feel right. Where as Samuel's parents died before he was born.

There's

There's a reason she looks like a hagraven...

Haha, I never paid mind to it. I always just talk to all the kids when I go in there. Even Constance bothers me a little bit. She's really sweet and nice, but if I were her, I'd smack Grelod right upside the head with a wooden plate, or ladle =P

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
Haha, I never paid mind to it. I always just talk to all the kids when I go in there. Even Constance bothers me a little bit. She's really sweet and nice, but if I were her, I'd smack Grelod right upside the head with a wooden plate, or ladle =P

I have a feeling if you tried to smack her she'd bite your hand right off. What happened to the good old "poisoning the dinner" trick?

I have a feeling if you tried to smack her she'd bite your hand right off. What happened to the good old "poisoning the dinner" trick?

Okay, good point. Hah, yeah what did happen to that? You cold use the same poison that you use in the Honningbrew Meadery quest, or the butchered DB quest where you fail to poison the Emperor...or just pour some Frostbite Spider Venom in her Mead, or wine :)

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I wish I could adopt them all. I adopted Runa from the orphanage since she was the only girl and Lucia from Whiterun, since she was begging for money. Also, Runa was the one who told me about Lucia. That's a nice touch, the kids you've already adopted mentioning the kids that are homeless.

I wish I could adopt them all. I adopted Runa from the orphanage since she was the only girl and Lucia from Whiterun, since she was begging for money. Also, Runa was the one who told me about Lucia. That's a nice touch, the kids you've already adopted mentioning the kids that are homeless.

I agree. I want to adopt a son and two daughters at least, well I actually want Ysolda to have my son and two daughters *checks to see if my fiance' is reading over my should as I type* but Bethesda hasn't added that feature yet.