• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Ok im going to let everyone contribute into this code. and what you think should be added on so have fun also tell us about your Assassin days and just talk about Assassin things :)

The Assassin Code
1. Never compromise the Brotherhood the actions of one must never bring harm to All
2. Those who have no mercy, shall see no mercy
3. Always be discreet
4. Be efficient and most of all kill those who oppose you.
5. Hide in plain sight but remain hidden
6. Strike first Strike last
7. Use any means necessary to survive
8.Know your target. Study all his habits before the kill
9.No witness left behind
10.Always plan your Escape.

Here is a old friend of mine hes a amazing example of what a dedicated Assassin can learn.

Ritterkreuz

I tend to be a distance killer when possible with my assassins, but I'm not afraid to get close if I have to. Honestly though, I take most of my ques from Ezio Auditore da Firenze once I don the Brotherhood's armor. Based on that I'd say any of the following fit:
  1. Never kill an innocent person;
  2. Always be discreet
  3. Never compromise the (assassin) brotherhood.

I tend to be a distance killer when possible with my assassins, but I'm not afraid to get close if I have to. Honestly though, I take most of my ques from Ezio Auditore da Firenze once I don the Brotherhood's armor. Based on that I'd say any of the following fit:
  1. Never kill an innocent person;
  2. Always be discreet
  3. Never compromise the (assassin) brotherhood.
Ahh tbh i prefer using my bow to kill all guarding forts and then when i get in a whip out my Dagger and start Executing those in my way

Rainbow

Criminal Scum
I'm only an assassin in one of my save files and I'm not too far yet, but I'm having fun. I tend to go by Sniper's rules.
1. Be polite.
2. Be efficient.
3. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Heres another great video for Aspiring Assassins tips and tricks XD

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
2.Never kill an innocent person;
5. Be efficient and Have a plan to kill everyone you come in contact with.

It seems to me as though these two rules directly contradict each other. I would probably take out the innocent part because really isn't an assassin just doing it for money, no questions asked? Like, you don't even really know your target, someone hires you to do it, and you don't spend months and months watching them to see where their moral compass spins. Plus, who are you to judge, when you are a murderer yourself?

I would probably also take out kill everyone you meet, because if you kill everyone you meet, you better not ever go into any towns - there are lots of essential characters who can't die, and guards in general can be tough to kill from an early/mid level. And you'd never be able to buy or sell anything, train any skills, complete any faction quests or the main quest, because you'd have to kill the whole Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Jarl Balgruuf, Delphine, you get it by now.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I figure this is just a fun thread, but "Never kill an innocent person." - Who determines this?

As far as I know, assassins aren't typically altruistic. They're hired killers.

It seems to me as though these two rules directly contradict each other. I would probably take out the innocent part because really isn't an assassin just doing it for money, no questions asked? Like, you don't even really know your target, someone hires you to do it, and you don't spend months and months watching them to see where their moral compass spins. Plus, who are you to judge, when you are a murderer yourself?

I would probably also take out kill everyone you meet, because if you kill everyone you meet, you better not ever go into any towns - there are lots of essential characters who can't die, and guards in general can be tough to kill from an early/mid level. And you'd never be able to buy or sell anything, train any skills, complete any faction quests or the main quest, because you'd have to kill the whole Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Jarl Balgruuf, Delphine, you get it by now.
Ahh i was thinking this myself but some Assassins do it for revenge. also although innocent poeple arent run into often so i suppose i will remove it

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
1.Those who have no mercy, shall see no mercy
2.Never kill an innocent person;
3.Always be discreet
4.Never compromise the (assassin) brotherhood
5. Be efficient and Have a plan to kill everyone you come in contact with.

Assassins with morals, the one thing Assassin's Creed did to annoy me. Typically an assassin is just a killer. Someone who kills a target. Stealth isn't necessarily part of being an assassin in reality, but typically assassin's are skilled in stealth and espionage since it can make their job easier. Historically assassin's are just well trained and versatile hit-men. They get inside a place, kill the target, get out. Efficiency is an assassin's goal, not some set of rules. Now being sneaky and able to eliminate your target discreetly saves you time and effort since you avoided detection, but in reality and assassin uses any means necessary to kill the target with minimal effort. The Dark Brotherhood from Oblivion much better showed this as you were given a target, and a preferred way to kill them. This is how you would hire an assassin in reality. Someone would pay a skilled, effective, cold-blooded killer. The assassin would be told who to kill, where they are, and any other information on how to make killing them easier. Then if the client wanted it done a certain way for whatever reason, they would tell the assassin what they wanted done. Then the assassin would go out and do it, no questioning the assignment, no deciding if it is moral or not, no worrying about if the target is or isn't deserving of death.

Now then the more common idea of an assassin is someone who kills from the shadows, which makes sense since the best way to kill someone without a fight is if they never see you until they are dead. Now my general "code" for being an assassins is this:

1. Don’t fight, kill.
  2. Don’t be seen before the kill; don’t be seen after the kill.
  3. Never give the enemy a chance to strike back.
  4. Use any means necessary.
  5. Strike first, strike last.

Exelex

Assassins with morals, the one thing Assassin's Creed did to annoy me. Typically an assassin is just a killer. Someone who kills a target. Stealth isn't necessarily part of being an assassin in reality, but typically assassin's are skilled in stealth and espionage since it can make their job easier. Historically assassin's are just well trained and versatile hit-men. They get inside a place, kill the target, get out.
Really? That's a first. The fact that they have morals and purposes is the element that makes the series prosper so much story wise (Ezio was driven by his assassinations and lust for revenge. His fight was powered by emotion. Altair was powered by cause - which as he became more aware fo the situation, he altered the nature of that cause. Connor was driven by justice.)

Also, "Stealth isn't necessarily part of being an Assassin in reality." Yes it is. Stealth is one key element that sets assassins apart from killers/murders.

Squirrel_killer-

Really? That's a first. The fact that they have morals and purposes is the element that makes the series prosper so much story wise (Ezio was driven by his assassinations and lust for revenge. His fight was powered by emotion. Altair was powered by cause - which as he became more aware fo the situation, he altered the nature of that cause. Connor was driven by justice.)
Don't get me wrong I enjoy the series very much, but since it has come out there has been a lot of misconceptions on what an assassins is or does.

Also, "Stealth isn't necessarily part of being an Assassin in reality." Yes it is. Stealth is one key element that sets assassins apart from killers/murders.
Actually many assassin's in history did not practice stealth to achieve their goals, however often they possessed the skills. Many people were assassinated purely because the assassin kicked down the front door and killed everyone. An assassin is nothing more than an exceptionally trained and versatile hit-man. Often trained in stealth and esponage to better achieve their goals, but do not need those skills necessarily to be an assassin. One purely needs to use a surprise attack as their main means to kill to be defined as an assassin. (Ignoring the Muslim sect from the Holy Crusades on which the order from AC1 is based upon loosely)

Assassin, n.

1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
  2. A trained individual who is hired to preform a murder.

Now in video games that generally translates to stealth since that is the best way to preform a surprise attack. However if you were able to surprise the enemy by kicking down the door and blast them away with spells, you would qualify as an assassin.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Be adaptable
Relive your enemies of their weapons before attacking if possible (pickpocket).
Guards have no souls, and respawn, so they're fair for collateral damage.

Squirrel_killer-

Be adaptable
Relive your enemies of their weapons before attacking if possible (pickpocket).
Guards have no souls, and respawn, so they're fair for collateral damage.
Lies! I enchanted my bow with a guard soul. :p

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
Well an Assassin is generally a deranged person, who kills someone for often very vague reasons, and doesn't necessarily intend to make any escape attempt. BUT if we assume we're talking about a hired Killer, who most definitely wants to make good his escape, then that's a whole different matter. The rules then have to be far less moral: Kill the target whatever. Kill any direct witnesses. Escape.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
hahaha ;) like this if you know what i mean.

Squirrel_killer-

Well an Assassin is generally a deranged person, who kills someone for often very vague reasons, and doesn't necessarily intend to make any escape attempt.
What? Where the hell did you get that from. That's just a psychopath, not an assassin.

ShadowGambit

Rules:

- Know your target. Study all his habits before the kill
- No witness left behind
- Don't kill innocent, but witness are not innocent anymore.
- Don't get caught. No one else will help you.
- Always plan your escape
- Always plan a 2nd way of escape
- Don't steal other assassin's contract

sstefy

I posted this video already separately but it seems that this is where all the assassins gather up:

If you like stun-locking, evading and plain pwnage this might be your thing! ;)