• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
All over the place I see what people hate in terms of the in game dialogue, but what are some of your favorite pieces of dialogue?

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
I dunno how four separate play-throughs later I finally caught something that I missed. Mirmulnir, with his dying breath pleads to you - "Dovahkin...no."

~Lady Dovakiin

Hopelessly addicted to Skyrim... <3
"I used to be an adventurer like you... Then I took an arrow to the knee." - Guard
"Have to oil Mother soon. And get all the hard-to-reach places." - Cicero
"Let me guess... Someone stole your sweetroll." - Guard
"Be quiet, I'm doing the fishstick! It's a very delicate state of mind." - Sheogorath
"Ho ho ho, he he he, break that lute across my knee, and if the bard should choose to fight, why then I'll set his clothes alight!" -Cicero
"Madness is merry and merriment's might, when the jester comes calling with his knife in the night..." - Cicero
"...and he says to the man, "That's not a horker! That's my wife!" Ha ha ha ha ha...Ah...I love that one..." - Cicero
"Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But, you, I like." - Farkas

Everything that comes out of Wylandriah's mouth.

Breton

"There could be no other end" By far, love that melancholy tone.

Interesting, I haven't heard that one, who's that?

I like quite a bit of the dialogue in Skyrim.

Degaine: "How about a septim? Wait, make that two septims, I feel like living it up!"

Athis: "Even an elf can be born with the heart of a Nord," Skjor said when I joined. I think he meant it as a compliment."

Most of what Marcurio says, especially: "Are you sure you wouldn't rather explore, say, a nice tavern?"
"The only thing better than a powerful mage fighting at your side is, well, nothing, really."

Guard: "You know, I could've gone into that Sanctuary. Killed all those Dark Brotherhood types. But I was... sick that day."

MyNameIsJon

"There could be no other end."

Interesting, I haven't heard that one, who's that?

Evidently, you're not a conjurer. The best summoned creatures in the game say this ... Dremora Lords.

I'm only sorry they don't have non-combat dialog with the player. :sadface:

Dremora Lords FTW!

Breton

"There could be no other end."

Evidently, you're not a conjurer. The best summoned creatures in the game say this ... Dremora Lords.

I'm only sorry they don't have non-combat dialog with the player. :sadface:

Dremora Lords FTW!

Thanks. Nope, not a conjurer, I don't even use my Sanguine Rose...

Rekamennos

Account closed
"A bunch of pinch pennies and lick spittles..." the drunk noble at the thalmor party :)

I love Lucien Lachance. Even in his spectral form in skyrim he has great lines:

In Riften- "I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse... so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange."
Standing Around - "Perhaps we should find a random stranger to murder. Practice does make perfect."

From Oblivion, the easy winner:

Asking Lucien Lachance about rumors- "Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors. I create them."

ambiiientz

This is a little sketchy, after a couple of glasses of merlot I played some Skyrim, well... it was more like 5 or 6 glasses, anyway... I was in Riften and disposed a thief coming out of the smithy. After the brief chaos I swore I heard Snilf, the male beggar, say... "If I had a pot to piss in... I'd share it"

LunaMoth

"What a curious question. Well, I enjoy moonlit nights, taking long walks on the beach, unicorns, and knitting. In fact, I once took a seaside stroll on a moonlit night, and discovered a unicorn...which I proceeded to stab in the throat with a crochet needle. I am a woman of refined, yet simple tastes." -Gabriella.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Urag gro-Shub's dialogue in the Arcanaeum, "Disrupt my Arcanaeum and I will have you torn apart by angry atronachs." Also, "You are now in the Arcanaeum, of which I am in charge. It might as well be my own little plain of Oblivion." Honestly, this is my favorite character in the whole of Skyrim, he's so well written; no wonder so many quests send you to him.

Raven

After you kill Mirmulnir and you go on your merry way back to Whiterun, you suddenly feel the ground shake. From the clouds you hear DOVAHKIIN in that sorta echo-ish half whisper, half shout.
Shivers down my spine every time

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to DEATH! - Vilkas
FOR I LOVE YOU!!!!

The best one:
What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort - Uncle Parthy

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts