whats your favourite house in skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

what is your favourite house in skyrim?

• Total voters

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
I love the honey side garden and house and my own fatass chickens.
I also like the feeling of harvesting my chickens and killing them for meat.

but my favourite house, would be the honeyside house I love it. and I own 3 houses in skyrim by the way and have 35,000 gold left over from 100,000 gold because I bought stuff for the dungeons in dawnstar dark brotherhood sanctuary as well.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Markarth's house is a freaking palace, and I love the Dwemer design. That gets my vote!

Honeyside is a close second, it's pretty nice and I love living by the lake.

Solitude's Proudspire Manor is pretty good but it's mostly basement. So it's good if you like basement.

Breezehome isn't that big and the roof isn't completely thatched, and there's nowhere to enchant anything. But Lydia lives there so it's not all bad ;)

*Minor Spoiler* Hjerim is by all rights a good house but I don't want to live in a house where gruesome murders took place! :vomit: *Spoiler end*

The Twitchy Cat

Batman is shocked at your comment.
Hjerim gets my vote.

ambiiientz

Honeyside - Riften

small & cozy, backdoor entrance, alchemy & enchanting tables, 2 mannequins, lots of storage

Plus the thieves running around Riften never gets old... HERE WE GO!!!

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
I have stored my nightingale armour and swords to the enchanting room and I have started a few more quests. but what I really want to know ,can I harvest and grow my own potatoes or cabbages?in honeyside garden?I think it will be cruel to kill my chickens even though it is a game it still feels cruel as.

ambiiientz

I have stored my nightingale armour and swords to the enchanting room and I have started a few more quests. but what I really want to know ,can I harvest and grow my own potatoes or cabbages?in honeyside garden?I think it will be cruel to kill my chickens even though it is a game it still feels cruel as.

The garden respawns... 30 in game days (not 100% on 30 days, but it does respawn). So yes you can harvest your own food. As for chickens... I don't know if they respawn once you kill them.
Also... if you join the Thieves Guild (I see you have, Nightingale armor) a barrel named Thieves Guild Cache appears in the garden.

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
The garden respawns... 30 in game days (not 100% on 30 days, but it does respawn). So yes you can harvest your own food. As for chickens... I don't know if they respawn once you kill them.
Also... if you join the Thieves Guild (I see you have, Nightingale armor) a barrel named Thieves Guild Cache appears in the garden.
yeah man, I stored some 9 bottles of grog mead in those barrels and cabbages I am sure I can use that for a good harvest. heck I love this game!!!!!

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I loooooove Vlindrel Hall. Climbing up there can be a pain but once you're there, the view is breathtaking, and the house itself is so beautiful, cozy and comforting. Imagine that house with some giant squishy couches, a few windows that show you the view of the mountains and a way comfier bed. Mmm, paradise.

DarkEastwood

I... I don't even know... They're all great in their own way.

Vlindrel Hall is on a high spot of Markarth, as well as the inside being rather luxurious.

Hjerim is big, decent decorations, and has a Nordic feel to it.

Honeyside feels warms and home-y.

Proudspire Manor is huge and luxurious, and thr bedroom makes you feel like a king lol

Breezehome is in Whiterun. Nuff said.

It's a tough choice.

I've never bought the house in Markarth though, so I can't have any opinions on it. Is it worth buying?

I like the fact that Honeyside is right by the lake and you can access it right outside of Riften. Breezehome is good for the price it is offered at and is in Whiterun. One of the spots I visit the most on the map.

Proudspire Manor, in my opinion is nice, however it's way too expensive. Sure it's one of the largest houses in the game, but I don't feel the need to pay 26,000 and then even more in renovation.

Hjerim is big, cheaper than Proudspire Manor, and has a cool secret entrance in one of the cabinets. However, who wants to live *spoiler* in a house where a crazy dude was murdering people?

Overall, for now I have to say Honeyside and Breezehome is my favorite. However, does your dorm room at the College or the Arch-mage quarters count. It's free! And all my storage finds itself there. Actually, my High Elf doesn't own any houses as of right now. :p

~Lady Dovakiin

Hopelessly addicted to Skyrim... <3
I think... I like Breezehome the best. It's cozy and small. *spoiler* Hjerim is pretty awesome too, but it's creepy because of the murders that took place there. My opinion of Honeyside is neutral. :p Vlindrel Hall is too big and lonely; everything is made out of stone. I really dislike Proudspire Manor because of the annoying glitches.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
It's a tough choice.

I've never bought the house in Markarth though, so I can't have any opinions on it. Is it worth buying?

It doesn't have as many 'amenities' as some of the other houses do; it only has one mannequin and a few weapon racks and things like that. It of course does have an alchemy lab and enchanting table. And it sure is beautiful.

ShortStacked

It's a cop thing, you wouldn't get it.
Hjerim gets my vote, hands down. More than enough storage for me to separate and organize everything, Alchemy and Enchanting stations right next to a storage container, and eighty-gazillion weapons plaques and mannequins! Plus, I like knowing I nabbed the murdered and then turned his little lair into a nice, presentable house! :D After, that, probably Honeyside, if only for the world-map entrance.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Breezehome. It's the perfect size for a singular Dragonborn, so well-designed, cute, homey, in a perfect location in the city of a jarl who cares and feels like someplace that I really would like to live.

But Honeyside does come in at a close second for me. It's not too small or too big, has a lovely porch and garden, a cozy bedroom and dining area. But I could definitely do without the walking mannequins. :eek:

Breton

But Honeyside does come in at a close second for me. It's not too small or too big, has a lovely porch and garden, a cozy bedroom and dining area. But I could definitely do without the walking mannequins. :eek:

Honeyside is great, very warm and cozy feeling, and it's in my favourite city, but yeah, I had to move out after the mannequins started moving around. It would have been my favourite had it not been for the mannequins.

So now my favourite is Vlindrel Hall, I think it looks great, has a nice layout, and the bookshelves are perfect for my book-collecting Breton.

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
I think the soltitude house is pointless and expensive and not worth buying. I would consider to buy all the other houses except soltitude, because soltitude is the least favourite house.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Breezehome, primarily because of it's location. Whiterun is the hub of Skyrim and as close to an equidistant base of operations you're going to find in a house in the game. The lack of an Arcane Enchanter doesn't bother me because I can access the one in Dragonsreach 24/7.

I also like the fact that it's small. The size of some of the other houses (especially Proudspire Manor) makes them seem more empty to me, whereas Breezhome feels more cozy and communal and can easily be made to feel full with a Housecarl, follower, spouse and a dog. :)

It's also the only House with a warm bedroom strategically placed over the hearth on the floor below, which is probably why Lydia preferes to hang out there instead of her own bedroom. :p

I hate Hjerim. It has all the amenities, plenty of weapon racks, two maniquins, a nice bed, kitchen and living area. But, how are there no chests? I hate having to store my 60 pounds of gems in a cupboard, only to forget about them later.

KittyTheKitty

So-Folik
I like Honeyside. I didn't like Proudspire. It's so big. :/ And I don't really like Solitude either. Mostly because I'm too lazy to run around the city and figure out which shops sell what.

I haven't really seen many of the other houses. Big houses don't really interest me, but I should at least check them out *LAZZYYY*

Honeyside is great, but i wish it had ONE more chest. I seperate all my stuff :3 I put weapons in the chest, apparel in the closet, soul gems on the side table, animal things (pelts, dragon bones, etc) at the end table, things Im going to sell in the cupboard in the kitchen.... etc.

Also, the enchanting table was something Breezehome lacked.

Love the back door. Whenever I'm over-encumbered, I just ride Shadowmere to the back door! ^_^

Reshiram337

Leader of DEFHA
In my many playthroughs (2 and becoming 3), I always have a problem deciding between houses. Its not like Oblivion where you had like 10 houses to choose from, and every one of them seemed great in 1 way or another. For Skyrim though, I guess it will be the house in Markarth. It has easy access, a beautiful outside environment, plenty of storage space, and a inside which looks awesome. (not a fan of dwemer though)

For seconds its Hjerim and its my original favorite. Unfortunately, it requires Civil War and I just dont like to ruin the land with blue guards or legion solders, neither do I like to replace the original jarls. "Balgruff especially..the man reminds me of Theoden, and the land is like Rohan, with the city like Edoras. "yes Lord of the Rings", and besides Hjerim is to big with not enough furniture, although the nordic look is great :)

Vlindrel Hall has my vote.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts