Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion

General Charles Xander

Hello there skyrim people, I am new to the forums and wanted to introduce myself, I am Miraak Tactics and I side with the imperials
Then I say well met friend, I can't tell you were a sharp one the moment I laid eyes on you.
But in all seriousness, welcome to the forums! :p

General Charles Xander

Jeremius, you make a valid point, I mean just look at the dark brother hood and if your an archer, what do you do? You aim for a gap I'm the armor, do you not?
I'm pretty sure since the Aldmeri Dominion has some of the best archers in Tamriel, they wouldn't be so keen to miss. At least the Imperials have good protection as well as high mobility.

General Charles Xander

Not to mention they tend to have some decent training
The AD have some of the best training aside from the Empire. Plus their natural superiority in magic gives them an edge. Something these Stormcloaks don't quite seem to like...

Well storm cloaks seem to me as bull headed warriors that refuse to give up, like ulfic stormcloak who refused to give up even when all hope was lost, that is something I respect, the ability to keep fighting

General Charles Xander

Well storm cloaks seem to me as bull headed warriors that refuse to give up, like ulfic stormcloak who refused to give up even when all hope was lost, that is something I respect, the ability to keep fighting
Just a heads up, If you want to respond to someone in particular, click or tap reply below their post.
:)

Ondolemar

The AD have some of the best training aside from the Empire. Plus their natural superiority in magic gives them an edge. Something these Stormcloaks don't quite seem to like...

Correct. The Aldmeri Dominion is both rich and powerful. The Altmer are natural mages, however not all Altmer are mages. An Elven army of mages or one of which where ALL Altmer field units are trained in at least basic Conjuration can effectively double it's strength thru Conjuration. Altmer can also use said school to summon deadly weapons, which helps us out logistically. Whereas the Stormcloaks could hold back an army of men, the Thalmor could easily unleash an endless wave of Daedra (though in limited quantities because of Martin) to overwhelm the Nords. It's got to be said the Empire also has excellent mage resources of their own and they would be a formidable opponent, whereas the Nords do not look favorably on mages, or the College of Winterhold for that matter.

Ondolemar

He is proving to you how easy it is to get anywhere you want as long as you have the coin. Also Skyrim is surrounded by more than just the Sea Of Ghosts. Your Main disadvantage is numbers, which you appear to neglect to mention.
And I'm proving that coin won't get a god damn Thalmor army into Skyrim from the SSI, using a High Elf trader from the SSI as an example as to how easy it would be for the Thalmor to do the same is ridiculous.. There is no disadvantage in numbers, you're welcome to prove me wrong, and don't worry.. I'll wait. Some of the statements you Imperial loyalist pluck out of thin air are hillarious, without ANY facts to back them up.
So your saying that money doesn't make an army? How arrogant. Prove you wrong? Ok. The 4th legion is auxiliary, what does that mean? They are not even close to the standard expectations/strength of any other Legion. Tell me, besides the American Revolution, can you name any other instance where a smaller force won a war against a superior force? Even then, this is fantasy, which means magic and other things which decrease your odds even more. The only one plucking things out of thin air is you.

The Altmer merchant immigrated to Skyrim, which is a process all it's own. It would be *extremely* difficult for the Thalmor to invade Skyrim, also bad tactics. Some reasons for this include pirates, disgruntled Redguards and sea hazards such as floating chunks of ice... not to mention the cold, harsh weather that Altmer aren't used to.

Once the Empire is gone, Skyrim does not have to worry about the Thalmor in a Domination sense, those fears and uncertainties are all bestowed on Cyrodil once Ulfric is High King. The Thalmor don't have to take Skyrim and no Elven army other than the Dwarves has accomplished much with the Nords anyways. The Thalmor would take Cyrodil, perhaps parts of Hammerfell or Highrock and then go back to the drawing board.

Money however, *does indeed* make an army. Wars are both expensive and profitable. The size of the army is important, however it is NOT as important as the strategy. Alexander left the armies of Persia in ruins with a relatively small force of Hoplites, Cavalry and Infantry because his unit tactics defeated the Persian strategy. And his strategy was to win. In the same respect, magic gets around numbers, so from history, smaller Thalmor forces can decimate Legions of men and their strongholds in the same manner. So war is not necessarily a numbers game, it is solely about strategy.

However, it all depends on the General. An apathetic General is no different than the enemy themselves. In theory, the Stormcloaks could win with inferior numbers, it's just there are... other issues with them. War is not just about soldiers and Generals, there's also politics which come into play, which is a game the Thalmor are very, very good at. Stormcloaks are in a way, isolating themselves politically, but even more so, they're isolating Cyrodil politically. To the point where the other Provinces have no faith in the Empire. Money buys armies and temporary allegiances, but ALL relationships are built on TRUST.

General Charles Xander

Just a heads up, If you want to respond to someone in particular, click or tap reply below their post.
:)
But obviously it's the empire all the way
And I'm proving that coin won't get a god damn Thalmor army into Skyrim from the SSI, using a High Elf trader from the SSI as an example as to how easy it would be for the Thalmor to do the same is ridiculous.. There is no disadvantage in numbers, you're welcome to prove me wrong, and don't worry.. I'll wait. Some of the statements you Imperial loyalist pluck out of thin air are hillarious, without ANY facts to back them up.
So your saying that money doesn't make an army? How arrogant. Prove you wrong? Ok. The 4th legion is auxiliary, what does that mean? They are not even close to the standard expectations/strength of any other Legion. Tell me, besides the American Revolution, can you name any other instance where a smaller force won a war against a superior force? Even then, this is fantasy, which means magic and other things which decrease your odds even more. The only one plucking things out of thin air is you.

The Altmer merchant immigrated to Skyrim, which is a process all it's own. It would be *extremely* difficult for the Thalmor to invade Skyrim, also bad tactics. Some reasons for this include pirates, disgruntled Redguards and sea hazards such as floating chunks of ice... not to mention the cold, harsh weather that Altmer aren't used to.

Once the Empire is gone, Skyrim does not have to worry about the Thalmor in a Domination sense, those fears and uncertainties are all bestowed on Cyrodil once Ulfric is High King. The Thalmor don't have to take Skyrim and no Elven army other than the Dwarves has accomplished much with the Nords anyways. The Thalmor would take Cyrodil, perhaps parts of Hammerfell or Highrock and then go back to the drawing board.

Money however, *does indeed* make an army. Wars are both expensive and profitable. The size of the army is important, however it is NOT as important as the strategy. Alexander left the armies of Persia in ruins with a relatively small force of Hoplites, Cavalry and Infantry because his unit tactics defeated the Persian strategy. And his strategy was to win. In the same respect, magic gets around numbers, so from history, smaller Thalmor forces can decimate Legions of men and their strongholds in the same manner. So war is not necessarily a numbers game, it is solely about strategy.

However, it all depends on the General. An apathetic General is no different than the enemy themselves. In theory, the Stormcloaks could win with inferior numbers, it's just there are... other issues with them. War is not just about soldiers and Generals, there's also politics which come into play, which is a game the Thalmor are very, very good at. Stormcloaks are in a way, isolating themselves politically, but even more so, they're isolating Cyrodil politically. To the point where the other Provinces have no faith in the Empire. Money buys armies and temporary allegiances, but ALL relationships are built on TRUST.
"Battles are won by trained and disciplined men. Wars are won by talented and exceptional individuals."-General Tullius

General Charles Xander

Correct. The Aldmeri Dominion is both rich and powerful. The Altmer are natural mages, however not all Altmer are mages. An Elven army of mages or one of which where ALL Altmer field units are trained in at least basic Conjuration can effectively double it's strength thru Conjuration. Altmer can also use said school to summon deadly weapons, which helps us out logistically. Whereas the Stormcloaks could hold back an army of men, the Thalmor could easily unleash an endless wave of Daedra (though in limited quantities because of Martin) to overwhelm the Nords. It's got to be said the Empire also has excellent mage resources of their own and they would be a formidable opponent, whereas the Nords do not look favorably on mages, or the College of Winterhold for that matter.
I would have to say the Shadow Legion is as fierce or even more fierce with magic than the Aldmeri Dominion. With respect, The AD is without-a-doubt exceptional mages but they mostly rely on their inborn talent while the Shadow Legion study and train for decades.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I would have to say the Shadow Legion is as fierce or even more fierce with magic than the Aldmeri Dominion. With respect, The AD is without-a-doubt exceptional mages but they mostly rely on their inborn talent while the Shadow Legion study and train for decades.

The problem with that statement is that man, as a race, don't live as long as Mer does.

A chief distinguishing characteristic of Mer is their lengthy lifespans, with average citizens living over two centuries before being considering old, two or three times the span of Men. - Mer Lore

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mer

While Shadow Legion may have decades to study and train Mer has centuries to study.

General Charles Xander

The problem with that statement is that man, as a race, don't live as long as Mer does.

A chief distinguishing characteristic of Mer is their lengthy lifespans, with average citizens living over two centuries before being considering old, two or three times the span of Men. - Mer Lore

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mer

While Shadow Legion may have decades to study and train Mer has centuries to study.
Correct, but that doesn't mean that they utilize magic as prevalent as the Shadow Legion. A single Imperial battlemage can study and hone their skills while Aldmeri Soldiers/Mages most-likely recieve basic training and utilization. Resulting in the Imperial Battlemage being more viscous and vital in battle than an average AD Soldier.

J

Jeremius

Just a note, rushing headlong can lead to getting a sword in the chest just as easily as scaring the enemy.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts