Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Playing Oblivion, I would say the people of Cyrodiil were extremely devout. A lot more temples, holy orders etc.
Sure in the Oblivion days but in Skyrim there's hardly a single person from Cyrodiil mentioning the Nine Divines and not because they're forced simply because thy don't worship him.

But how many just use it as an exclamation, than belief. "Ysmir's beard!" when startled or angry. Kind of like Neloth and "Malacath's hairy knuckles" or something.
I suppose there could be a few, of course to the Nords religion is more important, kind of why there's a holy war going on.

Shor would obviously be revered, he's the ruler of their Sovngarde.
Is he a divine? No? I rest my case

No it doesn't. It just shows that religion is being religion. Kyne to those who worship the Divines is still one of them.
So you agree that they worship Kyne, then?

When it is Nords? I wouldn't put it past them. There are no good guys in Tamriel, every race is often shown to be doing some bad things. Makes the lore more interesting.
I take offense to that.

What the Lore says? Those are what the Priests are saying, the big Stormcloak supporters. Can you show me that the Stormcloaks worship another religion, that they changed the religious view of Talos? Because if the Stormcloak favored Priests aren't mentioning it...
Like I said are there any prominent Military figures talking about fighting for Tiber Septim the emperor? No? Okay then.even so it's the principle of taking away the most sacred Nordic god and then expecting nothing to happen. "Don't hand me a cup of sheeps piss and call it Colovian Brandy!" -General Tulius

Can you show me some evidence of this view about not seeing Tiber Septim and Talos being the same?
Well the Nords only refer to the version of Tiber Septim that fought at Old Hroldan and who was a great hero. They only FIGHT for Talos the god not Tiber Septim the emperor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Indeed, my friend.

Tiiiiime is on my side, yes it is! ;)
Oh you won't have to worry about living too long when I see you. Norvøsk has a rather powerful strike and I assure you, I won't miss.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Nords make excellent Thralls.
Y'know, I was gonna make it quick, but that's kind of a tipping point. Say goodbye to your guts.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
"Yawwwn" So much for what is it they call you? "The Lore Master" bested by a bed time story someone posted on the internet. How sad and yet completely ironic.

I don't care what people call me. Fact remains, the Thalmor are going down at some point.

Sure in the Oblivion days but in Skyrim there's hardly a single person from Cyrodiil mentioning the Nine Divines and not because they're forced simply because thy don't worship him.

Many Nords mention the Eight, even the Dragonborn. Go to Riften under Stormcloak rule, speak with the Priests. Your own character says "Which of the Eight do you serve?" There is a Stormcloak Jarl who doesn't even worship Talos.

How many people from Cyrodiil do you even meet? Very few. You can't judge an entire province and culture by two people.

I suppose there could be a few, of course to the Nords religion is more important, kind of why there's a holy war going on.

It isn't more important to the Nords. Religion in Tamriel is important everywhere, especially in Cyrodiil. The Colovians are extremely religious.

Is he a divine? No? I rest my case

The Nine Divines is the main religion, but it doesn't stop off shoot Gods and spirits. Is Reman a Divine? No, but he is considered a culture God in Cyrodiil.

So you agree that they worship Kyne, then?

Yes. As stated in the lore of those who worship the Nine Divines:

Kyne and Kynareth are considered by followers of the Nine Divines to be one and the same

So I rest my case, then?

I take offense to that.

Why? Nords are often disliked by majority of other races. History of invading their neighbors, even when part of the Empire.

Every race has their bad points, that is what makes Tamriel interesting. If you take offense to that fact, and about Nords, you're supporting the wrong race.

Like I said are there any prominent Military figures talking about fighting for Tiber Septim the emperor? No? Okay then.even so it's the principle of taking away the most sacred Nordic god and then expecting nothing to happen.

The fact that the priests mention they call Tiber Septim by his Nord name of Talos doesn't even sink in? You have no evidence backing up your claim that they actually hate Tiber Septim, because he was bad. The Stormcloaks worship the Nine Divines, Talos especially. Ulfric is known to pray at the Talos temple, whom the leader of that temple mentions that Talos is Tiber Septim by another name.

If you have any evidence that the Military is worshiping another view of the religion, share it.

Well the Nords only refer to the version of Tiber Septim that fought at Old Hroldan and who was a great hero. They only FIGHT for Talos the god not Tiber Septim the emperor

They refer to Talos as he who founded the Empire. Not just Talos who fought the Reachmen. Talos the God and Tiber Septim the Emperor are the same thing in the religion, "he who ascended because his reign was so great, he who was so amazing in life" etc etc.

They consider Tiber/Talos to be the same. The Nord Priests who support the Stormcloaks all confirm this, just because the "Military" doesn't mention Tiber Septim, it suddenly means they've created an entire new religion?

Where does it say the Empire "expected nothing to happen"? The Legion stepped in doing their job, they're not saying "HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!?! WHY IS IT HAPPENING! THIS IS SUCH A SURPRISE!!!"

There would have been riots and problems everywhere, Cyrodiil was mentioned to be erupting into violence in the years following the signing of the Treaty. Tullius himself states he gets sent to places that need fixing, he's obviously dealt with a few smaller revolts. The Empire knew problems would happen from the Ultimatum when it was first stated.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Many Nords mention the Eight, even the Dragonborn. Go to Riften under Stormcloak rule, speak with the Priests. Your own character says "Which of the Eight do you serve?" There is a Stormcloak Jarl who doesn't even worship Talos.
I know Nords mention the Eight I never said there weren't Nords who worshipped the Eight. Who is this Stormcloak Jarl and why is he/she fighting for us? I'm going to guess Silver-Blood. Tell me if I'm right.

How many people from Cyrodiil do you even meet? Very few. You can't judge an entire province and culture by two people.
Pretty much every Imperial I've met has said either "by the Eight" or just flat out "I don't worship Talos" I'm not generalizing I'm observing. I didn't just take the opinion of two people, but way to assume.

It isn't more important to the Nords. Religion in Tamriel is important everywhere, especially in Cyrodiil. The Colovians are extremely religious.
Talos (or Ysmir) is way more important to the Nords. Think about it: A Nord conquers all of Tamriel and then dies and becomes a god. That's like the ultimate sense of pride to boost a Nord's ego.
Other human races: that's pretty cool I'll worship him
Beast races: whatever
Elves: Heresy!
Nords: HOLY-HSJDHEUSHSJDHSJZK.. A Nord hero who ascended to Godhood! That's the greatest thing I've ever heard!

The Nine Divines is the main religion, but it doesn't stop off shoot Gods and spirits. Is Reman a Divine? No, but he is considered a culture God in Cyrodiil.
He was considered a culture God in the second Empire was he not? Now if you worship the divines it's heresy to worship anything else

Yes. As stated in the lore of those who worship the Nine Divines:

Kyne and Kynareth are considered by followers of the Nine Divines to be one and the same

So I rest my case, then?
Okay If the Nords are becoming more Imperial in religion why in Riften is Mara referred to the handmaiden to Kyne? That is a purely Nordic belief it is not in any other pantheon and especially not in the pantheon of divines.

Why? Nords are often disliked by majority of other races. History of invading their neighbors, even when part of the Empire.

Every race has their bad points, that is what makes Tamriel interesting. If you take offense to that fact, and about Nords, you're supporting the wrong race.
Don't get your proverbial panties in a twist I was merely joking, you didn't have to go into explanation. I was simply satirizing the oversensitivity of modern society. Y'know, how people get offended by everything?

Where does it say the Empire "expected nothing to happen"?
I'm not saying that, I'm saying they should have been more prepared to handle a rebellion in Skyrim. They obviously weren't considering it took them a year after the duel to send Tulius to Skyrim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Ondolemar

"Yawwwn" So much for what is it they call you? "The Lore Master" bested by a bed time story someone posted on the internet. How sad and yet completely ironic.

I don't care what people call me. Fact remains, the Thalmor are going down at some point.

Fair enough. All good things must come to an end, including your Empire. Without death life would have no meaning, although sometimes there are meaningless ways to die.

Very well, I'll leave you two to fight this out to it's inevitable conclusion.

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion

Fair enough. All good things must come to an end, including your Empire. Without death life would have no meaning, although sometimes there are meaningless ways to die.

Very well, I'll leave you two to fight this out to it's inevitable conclusion.
Ahh so you just admitted that the Empire is good ;)
Without death there would be no life? Well then it's a good thing the Thalmor are taking on that role... :D

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Without death there would be no life? Well then it's a good thing the Thalmor are taking on that role... :D
If by kill him you mean licking his boot then you Imperials have already accomplished that much

General Charles Xander

If by kill him you mean licking his boot then you Imperials have already accomplished that much

That makes no sense! :D
Tell me, How does Ulfric's boots taste? Racist and blindsided? ;)

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

General Charles Xander

Now we're talking about trees? I don't get it...o_O

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

General Charles Xander

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
The only ones that are currently bringing unnecessary death is the Stormcloaks.:cool:
This is our land Imperial the causalties in this war are on your head, and that's not what I meant. I was saying the Empire is licking the Thalmors boots, that's it

General Charles Xander

The only ones that are currently bringing unnecessary death is the Stormcloaks.:cool:
This is our land Imperial the causalties in this war are on your head, and that's not what I meant. I was saying the Empire is licking the Thalmors boots, that's it

I am actually a Nord and this is my land too. Tell me, do you love your land?

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

General Charles Xander

Then why kill your brothers and sisters? Why kill your friends? Why kill me? You claim that the Empire licks the Thalmors boots yet whenever Ulfric calls for injustice, you pick up your weapon, kiss his cheek and say "Yes master!" Are you evil? Do you kill people for fun? Or do you fetch a stick wherever it is thrown? At the end of the day if the Thalmor win then there wont be any land to rebuild, no families to care for, no inns to drink in. Do you want that future? If you do, then you are just as bad as the Thalmor.

Ondolemar

Interesting how you hate us so much for "Dragging criminals off in the middle of the night" and yet, everyone in Skyrim also has to live in fear of their Stormcloak neighbors. Whom decide -by themselves- who is and is not a 'true Nord' or some kind of silliness.

Just another reason why Skyrim needs the Thalmor to maintain order, so the Nords can learn their place in the Dominion.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts