• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
You know I entirely thought of something else when I saw where that wooden Katana was coming from...:vomit:
not long enough

:eek:

Toxius

Frost Wolf

Rimfaxe96

Khajiit don't like to eat in the presence of another person. What is it like to be invited over for dinner? :confused:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I had to travel back in time to find this thread. I'm saddened immensely.

Seriously though, the world is named Nirn, right? It's not Earth. Why then does Jenassa refer to ancient ruins as being "..the very bones of the Earth?" Earth shouldn't even be a know term to anyone. Or am I wrong?

Lucid

I had to travel back in time to find this thread. I'm saddened immensely.

Seriously though, the world is named Nirn, right? It's not Earth. Why then does Jenassa refer to ancient ruins as being "..the very bones of the Earth?" Earth shouldn't even be a know term to anyone. Or am I wrong?

Yeah, I noticed that too. And Paarthurnax tells you that " The very bones of the Earth are at your disposal", and Heimskr says something about Earth in his shouty speech. There are probably more oversights too. Bad copy editing.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
Well there's an Earth stone, So it could be a known term, Which gives the effect "Bones of the Earth".

I'll think up more later.

Lucid

I agree with you, and so does my new legendary weapon, the hollowed "Wooden Warrior Whacker" wooden katana that fought to victory versus the Ebony Warrior.

For whacking wooden warriors?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The name of the planet is Nirn, but, perhaps they are referring to the actual makeup of the planet and referring to it as "earth" as we do. Digging in the dirt = digging in the earth?

Just a thought. Weren't the original humans on Nirn from Earth? You know, maybe they came in a big ole shiny spaceship or something? (Designed by the Dwemer maybe?).

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
The name of the planet is Nirn, but, perhaps they are referring to the actual makeup of the planet and referring to it as "earth" as we do. Digging in the dirt = digging in the earth?

Just a thought. Weren't the original humans on Nirn from Earth? You know, maybe they came in a big ole shiny spaceship or something? (Designed by the Dwemer maybe?).
I was actually going to say something similar. What if... The humans present on Nirn are descended from a group that left Earth during a colonization expansion? This took place so long ago that high technologies have long since been forgotten, and the middle-ages essentially occurred again on this new world. All of the Mer resulted from early genetic tampering from specific factions who were in favor of such alteration, either to be better adapted to space travel, or better adapted to a new world, but either way, the factions diverged. In time, the truth of origins became lost in myth, but not before the initial pioneers of the new world seeded Earth-native species into the environment, such as bears, wolves, etc. The Argonians and Kahjiit also descend from the humans of Earth, yet represented the far fringes of ideology in genetic manipulation. Speciation would've occurred within the first several generations. Eventually, the Dwemer would rediscover some of the old-Earth science, and through a revolutionary theory of quantum entanglement, would end up... somewhere else, nobody knows where. Or when.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Many thousands of years have passed since the initial colonization. What we've come to think of as magic, is actually a harnessing of ancient technology, long forgotten, but once commonplace. Even the long dead walk because of it. This nano-technology, which the current inhabitants of Nirn couldn't possible comprehend, permeates the genome of every humanoid form, and has been cleverly weaved into the myths and lore of the land.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Many thousands of years have passed since the initial colonization. What we've come to think of as magic, is actually a harnessing of ancient technology, long forgotten, but once commonplace. Even the long dead walk because of it. This nano-technology, which the current inhabitants of Nirn couldn't possible comprehend, permeates the genome of every humanoid form, and has been cleverly weaved into the myths and lore of the land.
or it might just be gas

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Now that I think about it... When the greybeards recognise you as Dragonborn they show how you can stand up to their shouting, as if you have a resistance to the effect. YET, when some random Draugr shouts at you it has full effect.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts