Argonian versus Khajiit (Poll)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What beast race do you like more out of the 2?

• Total voters

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Mainly a Poll thread but add input if you deem necessary on why X is better than Y or X over Y.

I am at a tough decision between the two, I like how Argonians are the Lizardfolk as Khajiit are the Catfolk, I always found the Khajiit more appealing since I am a Cat Nut irl, I have 6 cats and I love them all lol. so for personal reasons Khajiit and as well Maiq's funny comments in both skyrim and oblivion. I do however feel kinda bad killing Khajiit in the game D:

TheMagicPudding

In relationship with Skyrim.
I find the Khajiit more lovable than the Argonians, I mean who would want to cuddle a lizard when you could cuddle a cat? Plus, their voice actors in this game are awesome, and the Argonian voices sound like a death metal.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
I listen to Death Metal, Technical Death Metal, Aggrotech alot but yeah Argonian voice actors changed in Skyrim, I kinda like it regardless but I prefer Khajiit's voices since it is a bit more unique.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
What an outside the box thought :D

Logan

Just because no one has said Argonian yet, I'm going to say Argonian because I like to disagree :)

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
:D yay our first Argonian fan

Logan

Yay! Even though I'm currently playing a Khajit and never have played an Argonian. :D

To prove my point I'm going to go make an Argonian thief today!

Logan

I just made an Argonian and you can make their pupils all white or all yellow looks so creepy, but for an assasin it's good. :p

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
Khajiit are an offensive style and Argonian is defensive. Khajiit have claws to do unarmed damage, and use one-handed combat and sneak (daggers and bows). They also have the highest sneak bonus of any race. Argonians have sneak to use with daggers as well, but don't get the extra bonus with bows. Argonians also have illusion magic for things like fury which makes your enemies fight eachother while you stay hidden or sneak up behind them with a dagger. Khajiit can use NightEye any time they want (its not permanent like Oblivion, thank god), and Argonians can breathe under water (though there seems to be a lot less under water in this game, and there's a glitch that allows annyone to breathe under water, seemingly. They both have bonuses to pickpocket and lockpicking, though Argonians have the highest lockpicking bonus of any race. Argonians have restoration magic to heal and prevent damage, Khajiit have alchemy to heal, poison, and create buffs.

So incase I lost anyone, here is the breakdown:

Khajiit: +10 Sneak, +5 one-handed, archery, lockpicking, pickpocket, alchemy.

Argonian: +10 Lockpicking, +5 Light Armor, Sneak, Pickpocket, Restoration, Alteration.

So it really comes down to how you want to play. If you want to use bows from afar to do damage and confuse your enemies (while poisoned with alchemy), then sneak up and assassinate them, or sneak attack with a sword, axe, or mace, choose Khajiit.
If you prefer using illusion magic while hidden to confuse your enemies, then assassinate with a dagger (x15 damage with sneak, who needs anything else?), use magic to heal, and steal everything in sight with improved carry weight (from light armor) and a bonus to Lockpick, go Argonian.

I personally used a Khajiit, but I play more Argonian and I wonder if I should have chosen that instead. If anyone plays as Argonian would you post feedback?

And has anyone else noticed that the word Khajiit looks like a cats paw with the dots? Write it down on paper if you don't see what I mean.

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
I am 100% Argonian on this one. I love em! I played one in Morrowind and Oblivion and I'm playing one in Skyrim. I always feel bad about killing Argonians and Khajiit though. Luckily now I have a dragon shout to dismay them.

Oh and CC, I play an Argonian, but it seems I play more like a Khajiit. I use archery to take em out from afar and I also sneak up with a dagger for 15x damage. I don't use alchemy or any sort of magic. I'm just a straight-up assassin

Allet

Article Writer
After looking intently at the lore behind each, I'd have to say it's a VERY close race (pun quite intended. I'm going to go with Khajiit though simply because I most recently made one. Drug smuggler for the win!

thecelticlatino

Lore wise, I have to go with Argonians. They're the obscure, mysterious race of Elder Scrolls plus I love those 'smoker' voices the (females) tend to have. Many anime games allow for feline style characters (and probably Elder Scrolls is the only western excepting perhaps Wizardry) but Argonians are the only reptilian playable race so far. Plus, in character creation Argonians have far cooler options in my opinion.

However, I'm not downing the Khajiits. They make the best assassins and thieves and are just as cool. I just like Argonians better personally :-)

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Argonian all the way. I love reptiles and I love not having to worry about breathing underwater. I love the Kahjiit too, but I'll use an Argonian for my first character, always.

KayO199X

I like the Argonians a lot more. I always like the humanoid reptile look from TV shows such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. To me, the Argonians of Skyrim look a lot more like dinosaurs than they did in Oblivion. That makes them a lot cooler in my opinion.
The Khajiits, with their furry faces and funny accents remind me of Puss in Boots from the Shrek movies, and that alone is pretty funny. Still, i have to go with the Argonians.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I actually voted Khajiit accidentally. Although I've NEVER been any of them two races, I know about some of the abilities they have. The Argonians, which is what I ment to vote, are immune to most diseases. That means that you won't have to deal with anything annoying. They also have a special power that I believe they can only use once a day, which is a terrific healing spell, and don't forget the main thing which is they can swim under water (awesome!).

There's not much else to an Argonian, but compared to a Khajiit I feel they are better. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts